Making shirts for Disney???

BarbMomof3

Earning My Ears
Hi! My family and I are about to go on our first trip to Disney. I was hoping to make our shirts and bring them home to make a quilt out of them. I know there are copyright issues, so I am wondering about this.

A sales clerk told me that you must use a Brother Disney embroidery machine to make the shirts or in the park they will actually take them from you and provide you with a white shirt to wear instead. She said she knew someone who this happened to. Maybe she is just good at selling or is this true?

Anyone know about this? I don't want to waste time doing this if I won't be able to quilt the shirts anyways, not to mention that's a bad memory, not a good one.

???
Thanks!
Barb

I have not heard of this :confused3 I leave in 3 days have have shirts made up for my family to wear so I hope they don't take people's shirts!

that has to be the most ridiculous thing I have heard. we have worn mathcing shirts every trip. And we are a group of 8 so we are definitely noticed. I use a singer machine to embroider and we use images from here to iron on. Oh and we had tie dye ones for one trip. You will have no problem.

that has to be the most ridiculous thing I have heard. we have worn mathcing shirts every trip. And we are a group of 8 so we are definitely noticed. I use a singer machine to embroider and we use images from here to iron on. Oh and we had tie dye ones for one trip. You will have no problem.

That's what I figured, but I'm happy to hear it from someone who has actually been there. I guess I won't be buying my embroidery machine from her--LOL:cool1:

I have made many shirts and the CM's have made many comments..in fact, I am getting ready to make a few more for my August trip:)

This has to be the most insane thing I have ever heard. :rotfl2: We are a group of 11 that wears matching iron on shirts every day of our trip. CMs love them. Wait til you get there. You will see how ridiculous the person who told you that is. EVERYONE is in a homemade shirt. ENJOY!!

Yeah that is not valid at all! We went last March and wore matching shirts almost everyday that I made from the Disigns here on the boards and we had no problems. Like PP said the CM's loved them!! :thumbsup2

She is a terrible sales clerk cause she doesn't know about sites like these that you can talk to experienced people... I made 10 shirts using iron-ons that I had created or found online for a friend of mine and her family that just got back. Not only did she say she received SEVERAL comments from CMs but she saw a couple other visitors with the same or similar shirts. NO ONE told her to take it off! And as far as I know as long as you don't seek to profit from it its not a copyright issue. We are going in April and I am starting to make shirts for my own family as well...

Have fun!!

Disney's own Family Fun magazine had the directions for the Mickey head tie dye shirts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter