Making Reservations

Moonstorm

Mouseketeer
We just bought at BLT and will be there for the first time in 4 days! :cool1: Then, we're headed back to BLT in October ;)

Next May/June we'd like to stay at AKV but I know we have to wait to book that until we're 7 months out. What happens if there is no availability? How does a wait list work? Do you book 11 months out at your home resort and then add your name to a wait list for another resort or do you need to wait until 7 months out to add yourself to another resort??

Thanks for the help!

Congrats & Welcome Home! We're staying at BLT for the 1st time this year too!(a MK View) Ironically, we're planning on doing AKV next year too... hoping for a Savannah View!
Unless your travel dates are going to be flexible, I suggest booking your Home resort for the dates you want.(so you have someplace to stay) Be careful not to book more points than you will need at AKV... if you are successful in changing to AKV at 7 months, any excess borrowed points would stay in the current use year.
When you call at 7 months, if you can get what you want at AKV for the entire time, you can stay the other days at the Home resort, or maybe book another resort for those days.(split stay) Bell services will move your luggage and groceries from one resort to the other.(will keep perishables cold)
Good Luck!

It is always a good idea to book your home resort, so you know you have a reservation somewhere.

When you call at 7 months, you can switch providing there is availability. If not, you can put in your wait list. You are allowed two active wait lists per UY.

You can not go on a wait list for a resort that is not your home until you have hit the 7 month mark.

Have a great trip!

You could always make a reservation at your home resort, BLT, at 11 months out. Then at 7 months out, see what else is available. If AKV isn't available at 7 months out, waitlist AKV. You can't waitlist a non-home resort until 7 months out.

Congrats & Welcome Home! We're staying at BLT for the 1st time this year too!(a MK View) Ironically, we're planning on doing AKV next year too... hoping for a Savannah View!
Unless your travel dates are going to be flexible, I suggest booking your Home resort for the dates you want.(so you have someplace to stay) Be careful not to book more points than you will need at AKV... if you are successful in changing to AKV at 7 months, any excess borrowed points would stay in the current use year.
When you call at 7 months, if you can get what you want at AKV for the entire time, you can stay the other days at the Home resort, or maybe book another resort for those days.(split stay) Bell services will move your luggage and groceries from one resort to the other.(will keep perishables cold)
Good Luck!

Thank you for the help! When will you be there this year? I am so excited to finally be at BLT!

You could always make a reservation at your home resort, BLT, at 11 months out. Then at 7 months out, see what else is available. If AKV isn't available at 7 months out, waitlist AKV. You can't waitlist a non-home resort until 7 months out.

Okay, I see. So I book BLT at 11 months out and then at 7 months out call and see if I can get AKV - if I can't I can be out on the wait list, if there is availability, they just cancel my BLT ressie and make it for AKV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter