making phone calls onboard

Nysie

Mouseketeer
I will need to make an important phone call while onboard the ship. Has anyone made phone calls onboard? Are they done directly from your stateroom? Also, is the connection clear? Thank you!! :listen:

We did use the stateroom phone once when we had a sick relative back home. The connection was very good, but there is a delay in the communication - so I would think that they didn't hear me, and would start repeating myself, only to find out I was talking over them....it took some getting used to - as long as you keep that in mind, you should be fine.

It can be done from your stateroom. The connection is clear. The cost was $6.95 per minute the last time I knew. If it is possible to do your business/get your info by e-mail, that is available also for 75 cents per minute. If your phone call can be made from a port instead of the ship, that is also a lot cheaper.

Hubby called his mom from sea on my cell phone and did get a signal but an operator came on and was speaking spanish so my daughter had to direct the call. Can't wait to see the bill on that one

Thank you all for your help!!I forgot to ask if you can make a toll free call as well. Thanks again!! :wave2:

I did not, but a close friend did and said it was very expensive. I dont think it can be toll free.

Very expensive from the ship - could it be done from one of the ports with a phone card as it would be much less expensive? The other suggestion would be e-mail - from either the port or from the ship.

I made phone calls from the ports with a normal prepaid phone card. I bought an MCI 670 minute card at Costco and that was plenty, even with the international call from St. Maarten. In St. Thomas, it was a 1:1 ratio since it was considered a domestic call. I can't speak to the Western itinerary since I haven't been on that yet...but again, the ship-to-shore phones on the ship are $6.95 a minute and should only be used in an emergency.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter