Making it memorable for my first timer

cbeard

Earning My Ears
Seeing as the last time I was at WDW was over 6 yrs ago, I know a lot has changed.
I'm looking for suggestions for three things my first timer should not miss!

Is the first timer you (in essence) or someone you are taking with you? My suggestions would be based on their sex and age.

My first timer is my fiancee. We are in our late 40's. We are both in good physical condition and looking forward to this trip with great anticipation!!

Just three things? I will list the three things I will not miss on any trip. BTW- I identify with you. I was at WDW last June after a 6 year hiatus.

1.) Nighttime entertainment at Magic Kingdom- right now it is Spectromagic and Wishes. I like to sit right in front of the castle and join in the hundreds of ooohhh's and aaaahhhh's around me.

2.)Soarin' at Epcot. There are many many rides I love and this is not even my favorite (fave is TofT). However, you may have ridden TofT 6 years ago. Soarin' is new and it took my breath away. It is Disney at its best. To me this ride exemplifies why I love Disney.

3.) Stay at a Disney resort. Immerse your first timer in the Disney magic. I realize I can't really compare as I have never stayed off property, but what is a Disney trip without Mickey calling to wake me up in the morning??

Hope this helps, and happy planning.

Tough to narrow it down to 3....but here goes. For an adult first-timer, my suggested Must Do's are:

1. Illuminations at Epcot
2. Expedition Everest at Animal Kingdom
3. Haunted Mansion at Magic Kingdom

I will end now...because I really want to go on and list another 30 items! Happy planning :wizard:

17.gif

I know it's hard to narrow it down, but I figured if enough people responded with 3 each, I would have a rather large list to choose from! So far with the two responses, there are two things that weren't there in 2002!

Please keep em coming!!

I wanted to mention that you may get a bigger response if you post your question on the Theme Parks Attractions & Strategies Board. Not to say others won't post an answer for you - just a suggestion.

I'm on the dis instead of doing :laundy:

ok for a great 1st impression for a 1st timer try these 3 things:

1- for one of the fireworks shows rent a private boat and watch the fireworks from the boat. I rented a boat for my family in 09/08 to go out just before MK fireworks and we got a great show. It was a really nice way to enjoy the fireworks show on a personal level with my family, not bunched in a crowd.

2- Have a "nice" dinner at one of the premier restaurants Disney offers then relax with a carriage ride at Port Orleans Riverside.

3- have a nice game plan and go on every ride

My three things...

1. definitly the fireworks, and night time spectaculars at Disney
2. just the whole essance of the characters, go to one character dining, maybe Chef Mickey's and just pretend you are a kid.
3. take the time to visit all the countries in World Showcase, lots of neat stuff there to do and check out, and stuff to buy.

There are so many, i too agree three is hard to come up with

Welcome to DISboards. This is a great source of info and I'm sure you'll find answers to all of your questions.

Have a nice and fun planning your trip. :)

Congratulations on your return to the Magic ... I hope you and your S.O. enjoy every minute!!!

I'll offer my best suggestion! You haven't been there in years and going to Disney with the one you love ... everything is going to be a moment but here is my suggestion for the perfect cap to the day!

First, check with your hotel or the parks, reservationists ... whatever and find out which nights and at what time the Kingdom is having fireworks ... if they are not my suggestions still stands it just loses a point.

When you have the firework information make reservations for O'hana at the Polynesian Resort! Make your reservation for 1/2 hour to an hour prior to the fireworks going off. Once you arrive at the Polynesian ask the people at check-in if it's possible to get a window table ... tell them you are willing to wait if need be!

Once seated you will be treated to some of the best food and atmosphere Disney has to offer and then at the time they dim the lights and pipe in the music from the M.K. ... then you sit and watch the fireworks as you eat!

IT IS GREAT!!!

Have A Magical Day!

Frank
Disney DieHard

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter