Making ADR Thread - hold times, IT vents, and general whine!

Is there anyone else on the boards while on hold to make ADR's? On hold for 55 minutes. popcorn::

Oh, I'm not looking forward to that hold time. Hopefully by the time I call to make our ADR's (mid-July) it will have gotten better!

Called at 7am on two phones..got thru on one quickly and made my ADR's in about an hour..just hung up..so there ya go!

Just wanted to offer a potential tip for those making ADRs...

Today was my 90-day mark, so I called at exactly 7AM (4AM on the west coast, where I am) to book my Backstage Magic tour, while the friend I'm traveling with called at the same time to make our ADRs.

I was on hold for under 10 minutes before I was put through to a CM who was able to make my tour reservation. I casually mentioned that she must be glad she's not in the ADR department for dining, because I'd heard it's crazy. She agreed, but said that she does ADRs for food sometimes, too.

Then, and here's where it gets good: she offered to make all of our ADRs! Woohoo! Meanwhile, while all of this was happening, my friend was still on hold. He waited on hold about 15 minutes into my starting to make our ADRs with the CM before hanging up. All in all, I was on the phone from 7AM-7:43AM... made my tour reservation and 19 ADRs. And we got everything we wanted - everything! Within 15 minutes! Popular places!

Maybe consider asking for someone in the tour department, then trying to convince them to make your dining ADRs?

Hope everyone else calling this morning is having as good luck as I had!

If at all possible I would not call on Sundays to make ADR's!!!!!!!!!!!! With 195 guests on hold at some points and a 45 minute wait I would try to choose any other day!!! Tues-Fri seem to be much better!!!

If your 90 days begins on Sunday, you call on Sunday if you expect to get the restaurants you want and the times you want.

i was on hold for exactly an hour, and the person who answered made all my dining reservations AND BBB!

Holding........well I can empty the dishwasher get a load of laundry in I have to be out of here in 2 hours. Hmm wonder if the phone is waterproof so I can take a shower and make ressies! Sadly no concourse though we will miss that one. I am also going to ask if Boatwright;s will be accepting breakfast ressies in June or is that not returning at any time??

I have been on hold twice...first time my youngest dd hung up the phone by sliding it shut:eek: My oldest is sick, today...see how I'm spending my day off with her??? Could be worse, I guess..

Is there any pixie dust that makes them go faster????

I was on hold for about 10 minutes when a CM answered. She said I needed to talked to someone else and put me back on hold. Some how I ended up on the travel agents line? I waited as long as I could, but I finally had to give up. Now I wish I hadn't. I only wanted to make two ADRs. But I still think I may have been on longer as I probably would have been sent to yet another CM.
Why, oh why did they have to change the system? The old one worked just fine last year. At least it did for me. I got everything I wanted exactly when I wanted. and I didn't have to sit on hold forever.

Just was told June 17th check in are not be taken grrrrrrrr

OK the recording stated 6/17 and was told last week by cm to call today. So I am now being transfered to another department, dining help.

if you check in on june 17, you can't call for reservations until march 19. gotta be 90 days out. :) hth!

Why on earth do I listen to some CM's?? Evidently they have had this problem with several of the CM's not fully understanding the info, and I took it as fact. OK March 19th ..................

Well, I have half of my ADR's...we're switching resorts half way through, so I can't make the rest of them. All I could find out was whether or not there is plenty of availability for a couple of places. Oh, well....At least we have BBB and CRT back to back:cool1: I booked CRT so long ago...we were putting the cart before the horse....

Well, I have half of my ADR's...we're switching resorts half way through, so I can't make the rest of them. All I could find out was whether or not there is plenty of availability for a couple of places. Oh, well....At least we have BBB and CRT back to back:cool1: I booked CRT so long ago...we were putting the cart before the horse....
Do you mind telling me when your checkin day is? From your ticker it looks like your trip is in 80 days, so within the 90 day rule? Also, my CM allowed me to book my entire 9 nights from my first night stay (1 night at POFQ,8nights VWL)I called right at the 90 day mark for the 1st night, did not have to call back for the other nights. They were aware it was a split stay. Many others have done the same.

I began calling to make oue ADR's at 6 a.m. (My time) I was so happy when the CM answered in about two minutes..........my happiness lasted about a second. She informed me that I had to be tranferred to a CM that could make my ADR's for June 7th so I was transferred to another CM which was a hold time again. To make a long story short, my hold time was 1hour and 40 minutes. I have NEVER been on hold that long to make my ressies and the FDP was already sold out w/MM. I ended up with an earlier ressie (3:55p.m.)that I wanted but at least I got in.
How did everyone else make out with the ADR's and how long was your hold time? I completely understand a hold time but that long is kind of ridiculous...agree?:rolleyes1

:sad2: I just spent 20 min. on the phone making a June dinner ADR at CRT. The CM couldn't find our resort res# in the system, and when I mentioned that CRT is 180 days out, not 90, he switched systems and got us a reservation. Good thing I wasn't calling at 7 AM for a Chef Mickey's breakfast or they would have all been gone!!

Apparently (if this CM is to be believed) they have one computer system for the 180-day reservations, and another for 90+10, which is why he couldn't find our res# the first time. This is the dumbest system upgrade I have ever seen.

I will not be surprised that when/if they manage to get these systems merged into one, a lot of reservations will get lost in the shuffle.

mommapea,

That's strange. We switched resorts (WL to YC) a few days into our vacation and we were able to make all ADR's based on the check-in date of our first resort (WL check-in 90+10).

-Karen

Just was told June 17th check in are not be taken grrrrrrrr

OK the recording stated 6/17 and was told last week by cm to call today. So I am now being transfered to another department, dining help.

The recording is extremely misleading as Disney Dining does not provide enough information in it.

While ADRs *can* be made up until 6/17 only *some* guests will be eligible to do so. Today is the 90 day window for June 7th, when you add the +10 (all Disney Resort guests with a valid resort reservation number are eligible to book up to 10 days worth of ADRs on the 90 day window of their ARRIVAL date)

Because you are arriving on June 17, on your 90 day window (march 19th) you will be able to book ADRs through to June 27th.

Its very unfortunate that the recording does not specify this as I am sure it is causing a lot of confusion AND adding to the extremely long wait times as guests are holding under the impression that they can book up until June 17th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter