Making a Poly longhouse request - ???

Dizneefamily+4

Wish I could live in Cinderella's Castle!
Good morning! We're booked at the Poly this August (not our 1st Disney trip, but our 1st time at the Poly.) After much consideration (probably TOO much, lol!) we've decided to request the Tokelau longhouse. We've never made a room/building request before as we've just relied on luck of the draw.

How often are these requests granted? Do you typically give a 1st and 2nd choice or is it better to only make the one request?

I know that it all depends on availability and that we're going at peak season, but I'm just curious. From studying the Poly map and looking at on Google earth (my dh is a Google earth nut), it really doesn't look like any of the longhouses would be a poor location, but we'd still like Tokelau if we could.

Thanks in advance!!

The poly is really great at trying to grant requests. We always request the Rarotonga. When we went over Christmas one time, our request wasn't in the computer, but they were STILL able to grant it.

Have a great trip!!

The poly is really great at trying to grant requests. We always request the Rarotonga. When we went over Christmas one time, our request wasn't in the computer, but they were STILL able to grant it.

Have a great trip!!

Yay! Thank you!

I didn't make a request last December but I think we stayed in Tokelau. Is it closer to the TTC than the Grand Ceremonial House? Many times we just walked there to catch the monorails.

I loved the Poly so I hope you have a great experience!

Ours was granted. I would ask the cm to email you a copy of your reservaition to make sure its on there. Your request should show up at the top of the reservation.

I didn't make a request last December but I think we stayed in Tokelau. Is it closer to the TTC than the Grand Ceremonial House? Many times we just walked there to catch the monorails.

I loved the Poly so I hope you have a great experience!

It seems to be the most centrally located - equally close to the Grand Ceremonial house and the TTC. That's kind of why we decided on it. We wanted to be close enough to fill up our mugs and close enough to walk to the TTC without having to trek too far! Thanks!

We've always gotten either our #1 or #2 request. The staff will bend over backwards to accomodate you. I love the Poly!!!

while i have no suggestion, i'm in the same boat as you with the requests for a first Poly stay (hopefully Tokelau, but as long as we're there, we don't care lol). august 8th can't come soon enough for me! glad to hear some positive experiences :)

We love the Poly, probably our favorite resort, and I know they will try to do everything they can to grant you your request. The only we ever request is bottom floor cause we love the patio in the morning. With that said I would probably only give the one request but then have in mind a couple of other places you would like this way if you get there and Tokelau is not open (if they tell you that I would comment like was there no room open in tokelau just in case it got missed) and if the answer is no then you would know of a couple of other places you would like. Even if its not the tokelau and they have you down in another longhouse but you think you might like another one better, ask, they really don't mind. One time we requested patio and then when we got there she had us in another longhouse centrally located but not the bottom floor and we had teenage DD with her two friends with us so we wanted to use the patio as an extra room, so I asked if they had a longhouse with a bottom floor open and she said hes but it further over. Well it was rapa nui and that was fine with us and we loved it. By the way we have never had a bad room there! So excited for you and have a great time! Aloha!: flower3:

We loved Tokelau. We requested upper floor in beach end of building! Our room faced Hawaii, and if we leaned over balcony we could see The Castle.
We just walked out the beach end along beach path to get to main pool, cut thru Raratonga to get to GCH, and was also a short walk to TTC. Quiet pool is right there too!
It's one of the "newer" longhouses, so IMO bathrooms have a better layout, with double sinks and rooms are sl. larger, also hallways are wider.
Another bonus of Tokelau is that all rooms have balconies (except ground floor patios.

For our stay at the Poly I had requested 3rd floor Raratonga and we ended up with first floor Tokelau. And it was a great location! Plus, my sister threw her back out the day before the trip, so she was very happy to be on the bottom floor and not have to deal with stairs.:)

Thanks everyone! I just got off the phone. The request is done! Added our special celebration too - dh and I will be celebrating our 14 year anniversary during the trip! Thanks again!

we are also going to the Poly for the first time (next june)! I don't know much about the longhouses, but have also requested Tokekau. Mainly b/c I heard the rooms were bigger (DH is concerned about space!) and so we will have a patio or balcony. I read somewhere that microwaves are available by request...does anyone know if that is true? Is there a charge?

we are also going to the Poly for the first time (next june)! I don't know much about the longhouses, but have also requested Tokekau. Mainly b/c I heard the rooms were bigger (DH is concerned about space!) and so we will have a patio or balcony. I read somewhere that microwaves are available by request...does anyone know if that is true? Is there a charge?

Yes, you can request one at check in, they will deliv, it to your room, it's based on availability - first come basis. No charge. There is one in Captain Cooks for guests to use too.

For our stay at the Poly I had requested 3rd floor Raratonga and we ended up with first floor Tokelau. And it was a great location! Plus, my sister threw her back out the day before the trip, so she was very happy to be on the bottom floor and not have to deal with stairs.:)

There is an elevator too. Glad you enjoyed Tokelau.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter