Making a payment online...

MommyBryn

DIS Veteran
Sorry I don't know where to put this!

I have read negative things here about the online payment system so this could be "normal" but I have never done it before so I wasn't sure. I made my deposit payment online and it went through as my reservation. However, I went in to make another payment just now and I didn't get any confirmation screen or anything, it just took me back to the "my vacation" part. I also go an email immediately afterwards but it just said I'd made my reservation or something like that (basically looked exactly like my initial reservation email). Is this how it works online? How do I know if the payment went through? I didn't want to have to call and deal with the phones right now but if their online payment system is sketchy then I guess I have to. *sigh*

The easiest way I found to see if your payment went through is to go through the system again like you were making another payment. Your balance on your reservation screen with more than likely be the balance before you made the payment. However, your balance on the make payment screen will the be the correct amount.

HTH

I did an on-line payment yesterday. Once I made the payment, it went back to my vacation page.

Then 2 hours later I got an email. When I opened it, it looked like my normal reservation except near the bottom it showed my payment and the new balance due.

That may be what you received. If your new balance due doesn't show up, you'll definitely want to call and check on it.

I tried to make a online payment twice and neither one went through I had to call the next day and talk to someone and ask if they see my payment and both times they said "NO". It would be different if they had a 800 number for ressies but no its long distance so you get charged long distance while you are making a payment....they really need to get a 800 number. Just cut to the chase and call and make your payment it a waste of time trying to make your payment online. Trust Me

I've made multiple online payments and it never gives a confirmation screen. And it usually doesn't show an adjusted balance until the next day.

I've also made many online payments in the last 3 years. Once in awhile you'll get the confirmation screen. Most often you won't, it'll either time out or more recently shoot you back to an earlier screen. I then get an email confirmation usually a day or so later. Most recently I seem to get an email almost immediately after that looks like I made a new reservation and then later one re: the payment. I don't know what's up w/ their tech department but their system could use updating! Like you, I dislike calling, it's always @ least 40 minutes and long distance (although these days I use my cell) and I'm on west coast time so my 'window' to call when I'm not working is pretty narrow. I've never had a payment not go through.

if you using a debit card - and debit card has a limited on what you can charge (use) for that 24 hours. that might be the problem.

The easiest way I found to see if your payment went through is to go through the system again like you were making another payment. Your balance on your reservation screen with more than likely be the balance before you made the payment. However, your balance on the make payment screen will the be the correct amount.

HTH

I did that and then checked my checking account balance on line.

We went in June, making payments August -March. Each time I got two e-mails, one immediately after making a payment that looked like the original booking of the reservation. About 24 hours later, I got a second e-mail showing the amount paid & the balance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter