Makeup for Disney!

After reading this thread I went out and bought some BB cream by Too Faced. The girl that tried it on me at Sephora used her bare fingers (I always use a sponge when applying foundation) and said you need to with the BB cream because its activated by the heat of your fingers. Do you find that to be true? I usually never have my fingers tough my face!

I apply BB creams and tinted moisturizers with my fingers. I use brushes for foundation.

How necessary are waterproof mascara and the "deslick" stuff? We're going next week and it's the first time in years I've been in the summer.

I get oily all year round so deslick helps me look fresher for longer. However, very little can keep my oil at bay. If you aren't incredibly oily, then de-slick isn't necessary. As PP said, waterproof mascara is necessary between sweating, water rides, and rain. Be sure to bring a good eye makeup remover though!

That's it. I guess I have to go to the store today, ha ha. Revlon lip butter in Fig Jam and whatever the BB foundation is. And I guess the tattoo eye shadow? Do they have these at Target, Cvs, where? Thanks for any additional info. I'm not opposed to the shopping...

That's it. I guess I have to go to the store today, ha ha. Revlon lip butter in Fig Jam and whatever the BB foundation is. And I guess the tattoo eye shadow? Do they have these at Target, Cvs, where? Thanks for any additional info. I'm not opposed to the shopping...

http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/

CVS' makeup return policy is the best! They will refund or exchange any item. I exchanged a BB cream for a Burt's Bee lip balm and the cashier didn't even look at my receipt!

I am happy for the gals that can get away with saying they don't wear makeup to the parks, bad for the pores, etc.....for a lot of us, not wearing makeup would be like walking around the park nude!:scared1: I look like I have 2 black eyes and am unrecognizable without makeup and wouldn't dream of not wearing at least a little.

Loving this thread. Now own 4 lip butters, just got my waterproof mascara yesterday. Also bought the Neutrogena make up remover clothes to bring on our trip in two weeks.

Concealer users for under eye circles.....any favorites? I have been using Clinique Advanced Concealer forever and would love some newer product suggestions.

Thanks beautiful ladies - celebrate that we take good care of ourselves!:yay:

I love Benefit Erase Paste for under eye circles. I layer it with an eye brightener. Right now I am using Bare Minerals Stroke of Light. Not 100% sure how I am feeling about that product yet.

Do the color tattoo shadows not look that intense once you put them on? I've looked at them before, and whoa! They look so dark!

I have to thank you all for the lip butter suggestion. Love them! Walgreens has had them buy 1 get one 50% off, so I now own a few. Very nice feeling, and very sheer.

The lip butters and the Tatoo shadows are buy one get one half off at CVS as well. I bought a taupe eye Tatoo. When I rubbed my finger in it, it looked even darker! But it actually went on rather lightly. I'm curious about the others now.

I am so loving this thread! I'm also one of those oily girls who can't seem to find anything to totally keep the oil at bay, especially in the parks on a very hot summer day. But, I feel like I'm pretty close! I use:

- Olay Complete All Day Moisturizer SPF 15 for combination/oily skin
- Hard Candy Sheer Envy Skin Perfecting Primer
- Clinique Even Better Foundation for combination/oily skin (Very light and breathable. Every BB Cream and Tinted Moisturizer I've tried breaks me out.)
- Tarte Amazonian Clay blush in Adventurous
- MAC Studio Finish Concealer
- Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting concealer for under the eyes
- Maybelline gel liner with any black eyeshadow (I usually use MAC Carbon eyeshadow) on top (Helps to seal the gel liner in place and it won't budge all day!)
- Maybelline The Falsies Flared Waterproof mascara
- A few sprays of Model in a Bottle (Cheaper than Deslick, makes all makeup waterproof, smudge-proof, and long-wearing. It's my one must have!)
- Laura Mercier loose translucent powder
- Blistex medicated lip balm
- Any Revlon Lip Butter or Maybelline Color Whisper

Hope this is helpful for some of you! It's definitely given me some inspiration on what and what not to wear!

Help! What is BB cream?

I don't know too much but I've used Bobby Brown moisturizer for years and love it. I heard about BB cream on this thread and tried it. It's ok. Then I found CC cream and I got a sample of Clinique's and I think it's lighter than BB cream. It is made using their moisture surge cream. You only need a tiny bit, then mineral powder on top and viola! Someone on here mentioned a illuminating cream so I picked up Loreal's and wow!! I've gotten many 'you look great!' compliments this week!!!:cool1:

So it's
Moisturizer
Illuminater
CC cream
Mineral power

;)

(Do a google search n read the product reviews to get a pretty good understanding of BB and CC)
:)

I am happy for the gals that can get away with saying they don't wear makeup to the parks, bad for the pores, etc.....for a lot of us, not wearing makeup would be like walking around the park nude!:scared1: I look like I have 2 black eyes and am unrecognizable without makeup and wouldn't dream of not wearing at least a little.

Loving this thread. Now own 4 lip butters, just got my waterproof mascara yesterday. Also bought the Neutrogena make up remover clothes to bring on our trip in two weeks.

Concealer users for under eye circles.....any favorites? I have been using Clinique Advanced Concealer forever and would love some newer product suggestions.

Thanks beautiful ladies - celebrate that we take good care of ourselves!:yay:

My thoughts exactly! Lol. Someday I hope to have beautiful skin but for now I have to use makeup!

I just received my Tarte Amazonian Clay concealer today. I purchased it after trying it on at Ulta. It is the only concealer I have tried so far that creases VERY little when I use it under my eyes. I tried Benefit's "creaseless" concealer and it creased within a few minutes of application :mad:

How necessary are waterproof mascara and the "deslick" stuff? We're going next week and it's the first time in years I've been in the summer.

I am investing in some for my trip in June. I never wear waterproof but I plan on riding water rides and if it's gonna be as hot as I think it will be, I will probably be doing a fair amount of sweating. Haha.

Hey everybody! Wanted to share a new product I just found for those who have dry skin!

Loreal Paris has a new Sublime Sun SPF oil! No white residue and comes in 15SPF, 30SPF, or 50SPF!

You just spray a little bit into your hand and then apply to your face. I find that you do need to give it a little more time to soak in than your normal sunscreen but it's so worth it! I really like it and it didn't cause any breakouts for me which I was actually surprised about :) I am very happy I found this for my trip. Just gotta find a TSA approved bottle for it. Haha.

I've lived in Florida since I was five and makeup in this weather is not bad for your skin if you use the right makeup. The humidity is good for your skin fyi cause it clears your pores and moisturizes your skin. If your from a dryer climate, your skin might freak out a bit at first and if your pores are already clogged, the humidity will push out the gunk causing acne to appear, but will clear your skin quick. You just have to work to keep it clean. It's like sweating. Sweating is not bad for your skin. I wear waterproof makeup year round. It's not appropriate for dryer climates, but is made for Florida weather. Maybelline's mascara is the best water proof mascara, any kind you like. At Sephora or wherever, a brand called Makeup Forever has great waterproof makeup called there Aqua line. Kat von D has great concealer. I have also found Clinique does well in our weather. Powder is a good choice but creams clump and pool in the humidity. L'oreal's powder makeup is a great choice & Tarte. Cheap makeup doesn't do well in our weather honestly. VS has great lip gloss.

In the parks mascara, concealer & lip gloss works best. Natural & light.

Lived here most of my life & over 50 times at parks. Best plan ^

sorry for grammer, writing on phone

I do sunscreen, tinted moisturizer or light foundation, some powder, colored lip gloss and waterproof mascara. No eyeliner, or eyeshadow. Less is more in that weather.

I was on a mission today to buy some more lip butters to add to my collections. Walgreens has the BOGO 50% off sale goin right now. Went to two and there were no "Creme Brulee" or "Raspberry" to be found :( One weird thing I noticed is the price difference between stores. One store was $.50 more! So hopefully I will get the chance to stop by a Walgreens tomorrow that offers the lower price as well as the colors I am looking for :) Seasonal colors are out as well now that look kinda fun :)

I'm a makeup junkie and don't usually do a full face in the parks. On a normal park day where I have a good amount of time to get ready, I'll wear something like this:
Neutrogena SPF 35 oil-free moisturizer
Benefit POREfessional face primer
MAC Studio Finish concealer
Too Faced Primed & Poreless powder
Urban Decay primer potion
Urban Decay Naked 2 palette or Naked Basics palette
Physician's Formula eye booster liquid eyeliner
CoverGirl Lashblast Waterproof Mascara
MAC lipstick
Urban Decay De-Slick setting spray

and that's more or less it. I take out things as necessary when I have less time to get ready, but for the most part this is my park look! It only takes me about 10-15 minutes to do, and I usually have no issues with it coming off during the day :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter