• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Makeup for Disney!

@rebeccaariel, Have you tried Covergirl Lashblast waterproof? The one in the orange tube is very good.

EDIT: I meant to hit quote but hit reply instead. :)

I have not! I've used their non-waterproof kind before and I liked it so maybe I'll try that. Thanks! :goodvibes

I don't use much makeup. I bring my mascara which is waterproof, my chapstick and my sunscreen. Oh and a loose powder compact that I use to try and remove some of the shine from my face. It's just a plain basic transculent powder by cover girl.

I used to use an eyeliner that was waterproof but I don't even bother with that anymore. I can't even remember the name of it.

What is setting spray? I've never heard of that and I'm just under 50 years old. I guess I've never been a big makeup person. LOL

No foundation, just sunscreen (usually Hawaiian Tropic), with a little MAC eyeshadow in Shale, Black mascara and Burts Bees lip balm in Watermelon...does it for me. (Apart from going to MNSSHP...then it's a lot different, including black lipstick!!!)

Another Bare Minerals user here. That stuff is great! I also use a Mary Kay creme blush. It is lightweight and doesn't melt. For lips I also use Mary Kay tinted lip balm during cooler months or for evenings when the sun isn't as intense. When the sun is more intense I'll use a lip balm with SPF.

Think of it as super hold hairspray for your face.

Yes. It keeps your makeup from melting off. There are many different types depending on skin type. So some will control oil (e.g., Urban Decay De Slick) and some will hydrate (e.g., Urban Decay Dew Me).

i wear a full face of makeup at the parks whenever i go. i had really bad acne that has healed but not i've got red scars. i wear kat von d tattoo concealer and foundation. that stuff can cover anything. but something i swear by is urban decay all nighter long lasting setting spray. you spray it on your face and your make up will last all day long even with really oily skin. i will never be without that stuff ever. i purchased it from sephora for $29.00. it is seriously an amazing product and suggest it to anyone who likes to wear make up but is worried about it melting off.

I have extremely sensitive skin so I use the Aveeno Ultra Calming line. I mainly visit in July/Aug so I wear Clinique Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturizer and waterproof mascara. I top it off with Clinique's glosswear lipgloss, which has SPF 15 in it. I'm looking forward to trying their new CC Cream for my upcoming trip. :)

A nice, broad-brimmed, white straw hat will go a long way to reduce the direct sun on your makeup, helping it last longer (and you'll have that distinctive "Southern Belle" look about you as well!)...

Okay, I deal with the same weather living on the Gulf Coast of Tx. 2 things are wonderful for humidity/shine.

1. Generic brand milk of magnesia. You laugh but a professional makeup artist taught me this. Take cotton ball and put a light layer of the liquid on your face - if anything turns white you have used too much. Apply your makeup over it once it dries. I do this in the dead of Summer went temps reach up to 110 degrees.

2. Urban decay de-slick. This is a great product, but expensive at $30. This works great year round. You spray the mist over your moisterizer, apply your makeup, the re-apply.

I only go to Florida between Oct and March, so I don't get the full on HOT and HUMID weather. I always wear a full face of my normal make up. I only use MAC. I use moisturizer, consealer, studio fix foundation and powder, blush eye shadow, pencil liner, mascara, and lip stick and gloss.

Great tips! I have never tried milk of magnesia! I usually just spray the deslick at the end. I will try it post moisturizer as well.

The only brand I can use is Arbonne. Foundation, sunscreen, moisturizer, everything. Have tried everything but this is the only brand that agrees with me and makes me look good :) PM me, I can give you info to get you started!

I will be bringing my Laura Geller Spackle primer, LG Balance and Brighten, Tarte Amazonian Clay blushes, Tarte eye shadows, not sure which mascara I have that is water proof, a variety of lipsticks and glosses, Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil Powder and my Mac Fix+ to set it. Hoping it doesn't melt off when I am there in a few weeks. :)

Another makeup lover here, too!

I use:

Mary Kay Foundation Primer

Revlon Photo Ready BB Cream-I love that I can use a little (like a tinted moisterizer) or more for a fuller coverage.

Mary Kay Pressed Powder-I also carry this in a compact to reapply if I get oily.

Mary Kay eye primer under whatever shadows and liner I use

Urban Decay setting spray for oily skin...can't think of the name at the moment (Love this!) Ulta had a travel size for about $9 that lasted a long time for me! Mary Kay now carries the same thing for about $18 for a full size bottle. (Both UD and MK are from the company Skindanavia)

I don't wear gloss or lipstick usually, but do wear chapstick. I just discovered Nivea Macadamia Nut Kiss Lip Butter. I think it would be perfect for a park day!

Lorac porefection powder is awesome and covers great - I use it as a foundation on the weekends

What a great thread! I use UD for almost all of my products. I start with Pore Perfection primer, then I use Surreal Skin Cream to Powder foundation, followed by the Naked face pallette. Some days I use Too Faced Chocolate Soleil bronzer & Stila blush in the breast cancer edition color (can't think of the name). I love UD Razor Sharp powder & DeSlick spray. I also use the eyelid primer and a 24/7 eye pencil in various colors. Lately its been black cat eye, and Too Faced has a great little set for $10 with an eyeliner & lash injection mascara. I'm a mascara junkie, so I usually have 4 or 5 different brands.

ETA: Oops! Posted too soon!!

Arbonne Bronzer! Perfect for a quick "face" or as contour and glow over primer and foundation.

Hi makeup lovers. :) I haven't come across a similar thread but thought it would be fun/helpful to share products we are planning to bring at Disney. Disney is a challenge for makeup lovers because it's hot and makeup can melt off your face and run and has to survive getting wet. I tried googling and found some stuff on YouTube (Most useful video is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FibRbos4bIM) but a lot of it is very impractical (e.g., false eyelashes).

Actually false eyelashes are not impractical. Last May, I had a lady at my beauty salon apply the single lashes to my eyes and she said they should last 10-14 days. I told her I was going to WDW, where it'd be hot and humid. She used some super duper glue stuff she had and they stayed on. I did lose a few at Disney, but most stayed put. I loved waking up with naturally, long, curly lashes without having to curl my lashes or apply mascara. I plan on having her put some more on for my upcoming May trip.

I just stick to some tinted foundation, colored lip balm with an spf, and waterproof mascara.

I think no matter what you use, it won't last through a whole day in the parks. And half smeared on makeup looks a bit crazy. And I don't have the patience to stop and re-apply makeup multiple times when I'm in the parks.

I agree! I wear very little, if any, makeup down there. Several years ago I had my eyeliner permanently tattoo on, so don't have to worry about eyeliner. I also had my lips tattooed a medium pinkish/rose color (just a little darker than my natural lips), so may or may not wear lipstick. Other than undereye darkness, my skin is decent, so I don't really worry too much about foundation. I always apply a good moisturizer and a good sunscreen though. I also always have a good lip balm with spf with me. (Lip balm is the only thing I ever carry with me into the parks.) Then I may use a little mineral makeup or a little tinted moisturizer, then apply Urban Decay primer on my eyelids, and maybe a little mineral eyeshadow. If not wearing false eyelashes, I might use a little waterproof mascara. It's just too hot and humid down there to worry too much about make up that's going to melt off five minutes after you leave the room. Most of the women I've seen down there wearing a full face of makeup, their makeup looks like it's melting off or looks really, really caked.

Okay, I deal with the same weather living on the Gulf Coast of Tx. 2 things are wonderful for humidity/shine.

1. Generic brand milk of magnesia. You laugh but a professional makeup artist taught me this. Take cotton ball and put a light layer of the liquid on your face - if anything turns white you have used too much. Apply your makeup over it once it dries. I do this in the dead of Summer went temps reach up to 110 degrees.

Hello fellow Texan! Actually I had a cousin who told me about smoothing on just a little milk of magnesia to keep the shine off the face about twenty years or more ago. I think it's one of those ole southern remedies women here in the south have used for years to control facial shine.:rotfl: As you said though, you just have to be careful to use a tiny dab on a cotton ball, just enough to make light film on your face, or you'll look like a ghost with peeling skin. lol A little monostat antichafing cream works as a good facial primer too, just apply and let dry to a powdery finish--smooths your face and makes foundation go on smooth as silk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter