Make your own FLAVORED CREAM CHEESE?

Yes, many people put lox (smoked salmon,) capers, onions, cream cheese & a sprinkling of lemon juice as a savory topping on on their bagels. The sun-dried tomato and the salsa suggestions are also savory. Not all cream cheese spreads have to be sweet.

Plus richs52 brought the idea of the chopped green olives & cream cheese first. I don't think anything is wrong with jmpellet's post as he was conversationally following up on richs52's post.
That is what I mean, there is nothing wrong with it but the person I was responding to was having a cow about jmpellet's post about the chopped green olives. I think all the responses with recommendation have been great. I mean really do we need the H E double hockey sticks comment??? See below:

Originally Posted by prncess674
The original poster was asking about bagel cream cheese spreads. What in the H-E-double hockey sticks does this have to do with bagels and cream cheese spreads for a brunch? Who is going to eat that appetizer for brunch?

This is my favorite as well, our local place that carried this has closed down, so I have made it a couple of times on my own.

I love the spread for our local Bagel place. It's cream cheese with chopped green olives. Yummy on a Rye or Pumpernickle Bagel.

That is what I mean, there is nothing wrong with it but the person I was responding to was having a cow about jmpellet's post about the chopped green olives. I think all the responses with recommendation have been great. I mean really do we need the H E double hockey sticks comment??? See below:

Originally Posted by prncess674
The original poster was asking about bagel cream cheese spreads. What in the H-E-double hockey sticks does this have to do with bagels and cream cheese spreads for a brunch? Who is going to eat that appetizer for brunch?

tinytink, I was agreeing with you. ::yes:: :thumbsup2 You were replying to prncess674, and I just piggybacked onto your post, without quoting her too. I'm sorry if that part was misunderstood. :blush:

We are having brunch at our house on Christmas morning...I never even gave a thought to flavored cream cheeses, but THANK YOU so much for this thread. These are wonderful suggestions and a few of them will wind up on my buffet!
Oh, and just let me comment on the bantering....I read lots of posts here on the budget board for ideas. When someone adds a suggestion that is not exactly in response to the OP, it may just help a lurker like me. :)

I used to work in a coffee shop and we sold bagels and cream cheese. I want to say we used club soda to thin it out and make it more spreadable...along with the desired ingredients.

Are you joking? Since when is brunch only breakfast type foods? I think you've been neglecting the "unch" part. ;) That appetizer sounds perfectly yummy for brunch to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter