Make sure you purchase your tickets or upgrade your AP before this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anyone ever responded to you, so I will.

If you buy tickets today, they will expire Dec 2018. You can use the price paid to go towards a purchase of new tickets in 2019, but that gives you no financial advantage. If you're not going until 2019, you might as well wait to purchase.

Woah, I had absolutely no idea this was the case. I knew they changed the expiration date rules for tickets but I didn't realize they only lasted until the end of the year now. I assumed they would still be good for at least a few years at a time. Thank you for letting me know!

EDIT: Wait...I just read this..."A newly purchased standard ticket has an expiration date, typically December 31 of the year after it was issued. For example, tickets bought in 2017 must have their first use by December 31, 2018."

So if i bought a ticket today it would be good until December 31st 2019 according to this...What information is correct? The information that poster replied to me or the information I read on a website?

Last edited:
EDIT: Wait...I just read this..."A newly purchased standard ticket has an expiration date, typically December 31 of the year after it was issued. For example, tickets bought in 2017 must have their first use by December 31, 2018."

So if i bought a ticket today it would be good until December 31st 2019 according to this...What information is correct? The information that poster replied to me or the information I read on a website?

@Robo can you clarify this for us please? I thought I'd read another post from Robo that said all tickets right now expire Dec 2018, but once the increase comes, they will expire 2019.

@Robo can you clarify this for us please? I thought I'd read another post from Robo that said all tickets right now expire Dec 2018, but once the increase comes, they will expire 2019.

I think that's what it says in the thread about tickets on this forum. The thing that I read was from the mousesavers website. Hopefully some clarification will be made. I have a feeling though that what you said is the correct information.

I purchased my bf 7 day Park hoppers from UT for our trip in March. I’d hoped to bridge the tickets and upgrade to an AP if he enjoyed himself. I guess I’m sort of stuck waiting until then anyway? And maybe it will even out with the bridging.

I am bummed about the AP increase - I won’t be eligible for a renewal until fall. I still think it’ll be worth it to renew, though.

Right now, the Premier AP has no renewal benefit. Should we just buy extra Premier vouchers? Since they don’t expire until 2030?
From my understanding they don’t sell premier vouchers. You have to buy that pass at a ticket window and issued to begin on the day of purchase, your renewal date if it’s during your renewal window, or backdated if your upgrading from an existing DL or WDW AP.

Awesome, thank you!
This info is not correct. Ticket are non transferable once linked to your Account. Call Disney. You can have both on your account but need to have them labeled correctly.

Tickets expire the year you purchase

Last edited:
Tickets bought today will expire at the end of 2018. Tickets bought after the price increase will expire at the end of 2019 (unless they change that, too).

I can’t tell looking at the new prices if when I buy a 6 day park hopper if the tickets go up. Does it only go up 10 bucks or per day? Little confused.

I can’t tell looking at the new prices if when I buy a 6 day park hopper if the tickets go up. Does it only go up 10 bucks or per day? Little confused.
I haven't seen any mention of the hopper option at all. I guess we'll have to wait and see the full roll out of prices to see if it increases again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter