Make sure you purchase your tickets or upgrade your AP before this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does her passport have your address? That can be used as well.

I don't know. Received it. Secured it. Sent it to her. I will ask her. Time difference means I can ask her things and wake up to the answer. Not real time but the next best thing. In any case, the DF is not an adult with this address. So we will learn the military way, too.

Last edited:
Just got off the phone with Disney.
They said if I change the number of days on my tickets I would still pay the old price because that price is locked in.
I asked her if she could confirm that and she did.

Passports only have whatever address you write in them. Nothing that would be regarded as official.
It’s been so long since I used my passport I didn’t recall it didn’t have the address listed on the photo page.

It’s been so long since I used my passport I didn’t recall it didn’t have the address listed on the photo page.

You are asked to write it in pencil on the back side of the photo page along with an emergency contact. But they've never checked that part on mine.

Don't ruin it for me LOL - this will be our first experience with military tickets. My DD and her fiancee are both active duty. We have DVC PAPs. Wait, her address with the military is here - I wonder if I can buy hers at the DVC price? Probably won't be a real savings. We are going for 11 days. Waiting for at least one of them to have leave approved before I buy the tickets.
The Salute Ticket is by far the best value ticket option there is. Nothing is even close. I wish I could still get them.

1. Yes.
2. It doesn't matter, one way or the other, if you "tie them to your account."
3. You won't have to "use" them until such time as you choose to do so.
Simply create a "fake name" in your MDX account and transfer all of the tickets that
you don't want to use yet under that "name."
When you are eventually ready to use those tickets, simply transfer each them back to any "real person" in (or connected to) your MDX account.
All that said, remember that any ticket that you buy now will (very likely) expire on Dec. 31, 2018.
So, if you don't visit in Oct., as planned, there is that to consider.

Awesome, thank you!

Hi. When I looked it didn't look like I could buy tickets for October. Is this correct? I booked a couple nights stay before our cruise through DVC rental. My reservations is showing on my my disney account. Should I be able to buy my tickets now? I just need one day mk tickets for 4.

Hi. When I looked it didn't look like I could buy tickets for October. Is this correct? I booked a couple nights stay before our cruise through DVC rental. My reservations is showing on my my disney account. Should I be able to buy my tickets now? I just need one day mk tickets for 4.
You can buy multi-day tickets for use at any time.

But, what we might not know yet is the "season" for one-day MK tickets will be for specific Oct. dates.

THIS is an instance when I recommend that you CALL and ASK to buy your tickets.
They MIGHT have the info that has not yet been posted.

Last edited:
Don’t know specifics but apparently some ticket options will see a double digit increase.

My wife and I were just talking that we should probably buy our tickets soon since we know we will be going sometime in 2019 and we can get tickets before they increase. I guess we will be buying them sooner than expected!

I don't think anyone ever responded to you, so I will.

If you buy tickets today, they will expire Dec 2018. You can use the price paid to go towards a purchase of new tickets in 2019, but that gives you no financial advantage. If you're not going until 2019, you might as well wait to purchase.

I'm in the same boat. But my dates are December, and I just need one ticket.

You can buy multi-day tickets for use at any time.

But, what we might not know yet is the "season" for one-day MK tickets will be for specific Oct. dates.

THIS is an instance when I recommend that you CALL and ASK to buy your tickets.
They MIGHT have the info that has not yet been posted.
Robo, thanks for the idea. I'll call this afternoon.

I am going to need a 6 day ticket. Is it gonna increase to a point where Id see a " huge " difference if I wait a few months?

I doubt it

I read an article (I think it was in the Facebook Passholder Group) a few weeks ago that indicated the price increases for 1 Day tickets would be $5, $4, and $0 (don't remember which was Peak, Regular, and Value). I didn't save the link, but that is in line with last year's price increases. They claimed APs would see a more substantial price hike to make the 2019 increase not appear as bad, but didn't know how much.

If just two of us (not our three kids) want to upgrade, then do we have to wait until we check in?

Yes.

One way that "Resort Package" tickets are very often inflexible.

No, $196 was the 2016 price.

We'll just talk about 4-day, since there was no 5-day option in 2016.

2016 - $196
2017 - $209 - 6.6% increase
2018 - $226 - 8% increase

Not bad, in my mind.

2010 - $99
2018 - $226 - 128% increase

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter