Make sure you get your negative covid test results on time

toesmom

DIS Veteran
We were on westjet flight today and a family did not have their results of negative covid test, and were not allowed to travel. I think they were hoping the results would come while they were trying to check in because they had all their suitcases and a dog to bring on board. The westjet agents were very clear as to the policy. Sometimes it is worth spending the money to get the PCR test done with paid appointment time. The resulting cost to this family will be very high. I"m just posting to warn everyone that it really may be worth the cost to pay for the PCR test so you aren't stranded if the test results don't come in time. And now with so many canadians traveling, and the covid spreading in Florida, you should be mindful of the free tests and timeframe to provide to agents at check in. They review the forms received from the testing places. Happy travels, but not fun if you are stuck in Orlando and need to book another test and book new flight.

We were on westjet flight today and a family did not have their results of negative covid test, and were not allowed to travel. I think they were hoping the results would come while they were trying to check in because they had all their suitcases and a dog to bring on board. The westjet agents were very clear as to the policy. Sometimes it is worth spending the money to get the PCR test done with paid appointment time. The resulting cost to this family will be very high. I"m just posting to warn everyone that it really may be worth the cost to pay for the PCR test so you aren't stranded if the test results don't come in time. And now with so many canadians traveling, and the covid spreading in Florida, you should be mindful of the free tests and timeframe to provide to agents at check in. They review the forms received from the testing places. Happy travels, but not fun if you are stuck in Orlando and need to book another test and book new flight.
There isn't any guarantee that the paid PCR test will come on time either for some places. Some people have been counting on the airport paid PCR tests and made appointments and then went to get tested just to be told there are no PCR tests available that day. Nothing is a guarantee except knowing the policies and having a plan.

We went to alliance health, and it guaranteed results within 24 to 48 hours, cost was $150 in and out in five minutes, results the next afternoon. Definitely worth the cost. I disagree that results can't be guaranteed, but getting the test done right at 72 hours is best choice to get the results on time.

We got our results in under an hour from Walgreens. And I booked the test 48 hours before travel.

I did see a man being turned away from the Seattle to Vancouver flight but not sure what happened, if the timing of test was wrong or what.

Paying for a test does not mean you will get them quicker. I have a friend that just returned from FL and she was talking with a guy at the airport that had to leave his wife and kids behind because they did not get their PCR results in time and they paid $200 each for them. Paid does not equal better, just do your research as to which locations are more reliable with quick turnaround time.

Paying for a test does not mean you will get them quicker. I have a friend that just returned from FL and she was talking with a guy at the airport that had to leave his wife and kids behind because they did not get their PCR results in time and they paid $200 each for them. Paid does not equal better, just do your research as to which locations are more reliable with quick turnaround time.
I agree. Even the paid ones at the airports (lax, for example) state that if a test needs to be run twice bc of results then you will wait longer , and that ‘wait times have been longer than usual’. They cannot guarantee the turnaround time, but most of the time it’s probably fine.

Our current plan is to try walgreens drive thru in Anaheim pretty much exactly at the 72 hour mark and cross our fingers. If we don't have the results by the morning we leave (flight is at 240pm), we are going to head to LAX and pay for the rapid test. It's worth a shot for a free test to save us $500cdn! We can always be at the airport early.

I feel there's more to his story. I've paid for 8 tests and the 'good' ones give you an email/phone number to contact them if you don't have your results in time. If they say guaranteed in 24hrs then watch the clock and reach out to them. Who goes to the airport hoping they receive their tests in time? I would be Uber'ing it back to the testing site and demanding to know where my results are. Now if I was foolish enough to take the test and have my flight departure time in under the guaranteed time thinking it would be no problem...then yes that is completely on me for not planning properly.

Ugh.. reading these stories.... I am sure this goes without saying, but what an unbelievable headache and pain in the *** travel is right now. Doesn't sound like much of a vacation. The closer our trip gets the more convinced I am that I have no desire to try to navigate the complete and utter gong show that travel has become and will probably be for some time in the future. :crazy2: And now with Disney gouging guests YET AGAIN with paid fast passes..is anyone else seriously ready to completely give up?

Last edited:
I am leaving on Sunday and am soooo excited!!! I have been stressed leading up to this trip, but now that it is a few days away, I am letting go of the stress so I can enjoy my vacation. We got our negative Covid tests today for entry to the US. We also have everything set up for our testing in Orlando to come home. Can't wait to pass under those Disney gates!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter