• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Make sure you get out and look at the moon tonight!!!

WebmasterJohn

Genius
Administrator
If you’re not paying attention tonight, the moon is at ‘super perigee’ – closest point to the earth in a bazillion years – OK I have no idea what super perigee means but it’s kinda awesome!!

Make sure you get outside and look at it – it’s very cool!!!

I saw it last night at dusk, and it was amazing.... like it was close by, so big and beautiful, Anyone who has the chacne should check it out.

We just came back from looking at it. It was beautiful. We also looked at it through a telescope and it was really cool to see it so up close.

We had no idea about this, but it was explained earlier ... on "Hockey Night in Canada" of all things! (I'm in Chicago - we get it on cable.) It's amazing what you can learn on tv. A little too cloudy to see it here at the moment, though.

Yay! For once we have clear skies for one of these events. :woohoo: Beautiful! I wonder if it gets bigger as the night goes on...

Sayhello

Super Perigee = closest to earth. The moon is in an elliptical orbit (oval if you will) around the earth. The furthest point away from the earth in that orbit is called the apogee, the nearest is the perigee. :teacher:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter