Make it go AWAY!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The CB is, in my opinion, the least important forum of the approximately eight forums on this board which I regularly follow. My thought is that the entire Board is Disney-related while this Forum is for items that do not fit in any of the other Forums. Again, in my opinion, I cannot see this as being the most important Forum of DisBoards for anyone who has a major interest in things Disney.

The CB is important because it's for everyone. The site is for the travel agency and to bring customers to it. Boards like the CB and the Budget board attract and keep people who are not planning a trip for now but may in the future.

I have ZERO interest in Disney but love the CB. In the meantime I still see and know the deals the agency is offering and tell friends about it. The idea works.

Given that I have the OP Ignored (though I cannot recall why), I suspect what the OP is indicating is that s/he'd like to have threads that others would find objectionable. :rotfl:

Doesn't everyone find something in life that is objectionable to them:confused3...that's not my point at all.

Also, not sure why you have me on ignore because even though we are both MA residients I tend to stay away from your posts because I find most of them objectionable:lmao:

I rather like the CB the way it is. Thanks but no thanks...and I don't recall voting for a Mayor of the SB.

That's because there is no voting here...it's a dictatorship not a democracy...and I don't have an issue with that because whomever's toy it is gets to make the rules:thumbsup2

If you want debatable subjects, just click on any of the parenting threads. Personally, I think it is much more civilized to debate politics or religion than breastfeeding, homeschooling, spanking, or pretty much any form of parenting that isn't your own. I've learned from those threads that everything I have ever done in regards to my children is wrong and will damage them beyond repair. :sad2:

Nope, there are more than zillions of websites in internet world that fit the bill, Mayor. You don't have to play in this yard, ya know.
I like it a LOT better now.:thumbsup2 Arrogance, debate, and interesting people are better face to face, NOT incognito. That's for cowards.

Did you read the last sentence of my original post:confused3...and I don't miss the arrogance either but a lot of the debates here and back on the original Debate Board were quite stimulating...if all debate was limited to face to face then there would be no need for a majority of the internet...you want to read a good debate then go to the Resort baord and watch people debate which section of the All Stars resort is the best:lmao:

I agree with you to a certain extent. There are so many people that used to be on here that I truly miss. They brought great opinions, diversity and yes, sometimes conflict and drama. But there was never a dull moment.:)

Very well said:thumbsup2

If you want debatable subjects, just click on any of the parenting threads. Personally, I think it is much more civilized to debate politics or religion than breastfeeding, homeschooling, spanking, or pretty much any form of parenting that isn't your own. I've learned from those threads that everything I have ever done in regards to my children is wrong and will damage them beyond repair. :sad2:

:lmao::lmao::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I don't know how I managed to raise two successfull young adults without the help of the Dis experts:lmao:

NOW I know why term limits have become a topic of interest! :lmao:

Good one, GP! :rotfl:

The CB is, in my opinion, the least important forum of the approximately eight forums on this board which I regularly follow. My thought is that the entire Board is Disney-related while this Forum is for items that do not fit in any of the other Forums. Again, in my opinion, I cannot see this as being the most important Forum of DisBoards for anyone who has a major interest in things Disney.

Most of us come here for Disney info and stay for the friendships we've made. To me, that is important. :)

I would but who would reply to them:confused3.....:lmao::lmao:

I think you should consider yourself lucky that I am replying to your thread since I was one of the original posters on both the Debate and Community boards. I go way back to the original Debate board. I can still recall an hysterically funny DB thread about whether a tiger in a zoo should be killed because it mauled someone. I know that happened before 9/2000 as I come here to plan a trip for that date. Once I had my trip plans made, I moved on to spending way too much time on the old DB.

That's because there is no voting here...it's a dictatorship not a democracy...and I don't have an issue with that because whomever's toy it is gets to make the rules:thumbsup2

It's a "dictatorship" on any forum paid for by an internet entrepreneur. Nature of the beast. :)

Also, not sure why you have me on ignore
Like I said, neither do I. I must have had a good reason though.

Maybe someone else remembers? :)

because even though we are both MA residients
I live 18 miles North of Boston, so I suspect that we're not only both MA residents, but both residents of Middlesex County.

I think it's the way of the internet boards in general. I wasn't on these boards yet, but one of my first message board sites I went to kinda went down the same path.
There were several boards for general discussion, but one board in particular you had to reach a certain level to gain access. Most things could be talked about there, but not on others. Between mass invasions of other boards and account suicides, the owner of the boards created a sign up sheet, and only those that had an account at that time were allowed to stay on that board.
At that time, the majority of users were high schoolers, mostly boys with a handful of girls. Now since it's the same group of people, and several years down the road, some are married, some have kids, some have big degrees in college.... and the topics are far from what they used to be.
The site was created in 98-99 and the lock down happened in 03, and now every one is grown up. It's so weird and not the same anymore.

I probably could use a debate board just for my topics. I feel like i have to gear up in a double layer flame suit prior to creating a topic.

Make it go AWAY!!!!!

This version of the so called Community Board...please Mod's and WM's kill it...it has no life...no flavor...it is a white room with only vanilla ice cream...PLEASE kill it off like you did the Debate Board...unless you want to reinstate the interesting people with real opinions and personalities...
The only way to effectively make something "go away" is to leave. If you find a place that has no life or flavor for you, and a majority of people who are still there are interested in the place, then obviously that place has no value for you and you should find another place. If/when a place becomes as 'vanilla' as you say it is for a majority of the people who frequent it, then the place will die a natural death of it's own accord. So far, that hasn't happened to the CB as it's obviously thriving right now.

Ergo, YOU have a choice to make and there's nothing "sad" about it.

When I find a board no longer holds my interest, it's been my experience that I've simply grown in a different direction than the majority of the people on that board and I find another source of entertainment that captures my interest. Such is life on the internet. (and everywhere else now that I think about it ;) )

If you're not growing, learning and changing, then you're stagnating and eventually you become a swamp. I've seen those kinds of boards out there, too. Not my cup of tea, but you may find them interesting.

My only real issue with the CB is it feels like it has turned into a parent complaint board. I get that issues with kids and their teachers/friends happens, but it feels as if that's all there is to read about. I think that's part of the reason I rarely come here anymore.

What I miss is being able to have those "debates" and discussions with people here who I "knew". You can go anywhere on the web and have a lively discussion of a political or religious nature but there was something about talking about it with the people here. It was sorta like sitting around your family table and discussing things. I liked knowing where Bicker was coming from, of DawnCT,and many others...I just miss that part of it.

What I miss is being able to have those "debates" and discussions with people here who I "knew". You can go anywhere on the web and have a lively discussion of a political or religious nature but there was something about talking about it with the people here. It was sorta like sitting around your family table and discussing things. I liked knowing where Bicker was coming from, of DawnCT,and many others...I just miss that part of it.

EXACTLY:thumbsup2...very nicely stated...:worship:

Like I said, neither do I. I must have had a good reason though.

Maybe someone else remembers? :)

I live 18 miles North of Boston, so I suspect that we're not only both MA residents, but both residents of Middlesex County.

I don't recall ever having posted with you before although I have read many of your posts.

I'm actually in Essex County:thumbsup2...20 miles give or take as the crow flys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter