Make a Wish (and other organizations) - Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume SIX!

Anyone who's been before on a MAW trip...can universal studios and islands of adventure be completed in one full day with our front of the one ( or less wait) passes? Would love an off/relax day at GKTW.

Anyone who's been before on a MAW trip...can universal studios and islands of adventure be completed in one full day with our front of the one ( or less wait) passes? Would love an off/relax day at GKTW.

I would say absolutely. Part of it will depend on your kiddo(s) of course, but I don't think you will have any issues if you are able to spend the whole day there. It's nice to have the park-to-park option!

I have a question regarding the tickets that we will receive for Disney while at GKTW.

I'm going to try and write this out the best I can since it's a bit complicated of a question.

Faith's actual wish includes Me, DH, DS1, DS2 and Faith. So the "wish" part is the 5 of us. Also allowed with us but not complimentary is our oldest DD. She will be with us the entire time and is listed on our GKTW reservation. She will be doing everything with us from the moment we land until the moment we leave.

So, we will receive five 3-day tickets to Disney at our orientation at GKTW.

There are six of us going each day, together, all at the same time.

So we need to buy one 3 day park-hopper.

We are retired military. Disney offers the Salute To The Troops ticket. Which is a huge savings for us!

But......

Oldest DD will turn 23 the week before Faith's wish trip and will no longer be a military dependant. She will not be able to use the Salute ticket.

Can oldest DD use one of the tickets we receive at GKTW and I use the Salute ticket? :confused3

She will not be separate from us at any time.

I have a question regarding the tickets that we will receive for Disney while at GKTW.

I'm going to try and write this out the best I can since it's a bit complicated of a question.

Faith's actual wish includes Me, DH, DS1, DS2 and Faith. So the "wish" part is the 5 of us. Also allowed with us but not complimentary is our oldest DD. She will be with us the entire time and is listed on our GKTW reservation. She will be doing everything with us from the moment we land until the moment we leave.

So, we will receive five 3-day tickets to Disney at our orientation at GKTW.

There are six of us going each day, together, all at the same time.

So we need to buy one 3 day park-hopper.

We are retired military. Disney offers the Salute To The Troops ticket. Which is a huge savings for us!

But......

Oldest DD will turn 23 the week before Faith's wish trip and will no longer be a military dependant. She will not be able to use the Salute ticket.

Can oldest DD use one of the tickets we receive at GKTW and I use the Salute ticket? :confused3

She will not be separate from us at any time.

I also reached out to GKTW with this question and I thought I would post their answer here just in case anyone else is in our same situation:

"...The tickets that we will give you are not linked to any individual until they are actually used at the parks. That means that it is up to you who uses what ticket and that the scenario you presented will work..."

:thumbsup2

Thank goodness you got a good answer!

I was so happy to get that email! :goodvibes

I managed to get a "Blue Friday" special at SeaWorld of buy one annual pass, get one free for DD22 and her boyfriend for Christmas presents. (He is Navy, stationed in FL) So if we end up fitting SeaWorld into Faith's MAW trip, I don't have to worry about DD22 ticket. :thumbsup2

I am going to buy the Salute to the Troops Disney ticket on base tomorrow.

And.....I found the sweetest Cinderella dress for her! That is over on my PTR!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Can we talk MagicBands and BOG? Not together of course. :rolleyes:

Once we receive our complimentary tickets to WDW at GKTW, can we link them to a MagicBand like a regular ticket? Now that MagicBands can be bought at the Disney Store and can be used with offsite tickets I really like the idea of not having to mess with pulling out a paper ticket. One less thing for me to lose!

We had thought about eating lunch at Be Our Guest but I see that it now needs a FP+, but it is a FP+ that can only be linked to actual onsite resort reservations. Has anyone been able to eat at BOG with the Genie Card since this change?

Can we talk MagicBands and BOG? Not together of course. :rolleyes: Once we receive our complimentary tickets to WDW at GKTW, can we link them to a MagicBand like a regular ticket? Now that MagicBands can be bought at the Disney Store and can be used with offsite tickets I really like the idea of not having to mess with pulling out a paper ticket. One less thing for me to lose! We had thought about eating lunch at Be Our Guest but I see that it now needs a FP+, but it is a FP+ that can only be linked to actual onsite resort reservations. Has anyone been able to eat at BOG with the Genie Card since this change?

Would also love to hear about BOG for lunch,

I have started Logan's PTR!!! Please give it a glance when you have a minute. Not sure how to get it to show on the wish trip page??:confused3

I have started Logan's PTR!!! Please give it a glance when you have a minute. Not sure how to get it to show on the wish trip page??:confused3

Logan's PTR

To do it yourself:

1) Go to the trip report's first page (or you can open a specific post by clicking the post number in the top right corner) and copy the URL.

2) Type your new post in this thread (or whatever thread).

3) Type what you want the link to say (I went with "Logan's PTR").

4) Highlight the link words and click the icon that looks like a globe with a paperclip in front of it (I don't think it is a paperclip, but is what it looks like to me). You find this in the second/bottom row of icons just on top of the box you are typing in.

5) Paste the URL you copied in step 1 into the box and hit okay.

Logan is a cutie!

ETA - If I might be so bold as to make a suggestion? I found your PTR very difficult to read as it had large blocks of text. It would make it easier if you were to go in an add some paragraphs.

Logan's PTR

To do it yourself:

1) Go to the trip report's first page (or you can open a specific post by clicking the post number in the top right corner) and copy the URL.

2) Type your new post in this thread (or whatever thread).

3) Type what you want the link to say (I went with "Logan's PTR").

4) Highlight the link words and click the icon that looks like a globe with a paperclip in front of it (I don't think it is a paperclip, but is what it looks like to me). You find this in the second/bottom row of icons just on top of the box you are typing in.

5) Paste the URL you copied in step 1 into the box and hit okay.

Logan is a cutie!

ETA - If I might be so bold as to make a suggestion? I found your PTR very difficult to read as it had large blocks of text. It would make it easier if you were to go in an add some paragraphs.

:cool1:Thanks, I would have never figured that out!! I have learned a lot today. :teacher: I've also added paragraphs,sorry, I started writing and it just kept going. Hard to condense all that has happened.

:cool1:Thanks, I would have never figured that out!! I have learned a lot today. :teacher: I've also added paragraphs,sorry, I started writing and it just kept going. Hard to condense all that has happened.

You're most welcome! And no need to apologise. I debated saying anything (as I didn't want to seem to be criticizing you), but I didn't want people to skip over it due to difficultly with reading it.

I have to say it again - super cute kids you've got!

Hello everyone! It has been a while since I last posted an update. CG has been given her dates for her MAW trip. They are Jan. 19 to Jan. 25. We are very excited! We still don't have too much information about the trip yet. I am hoping we hear from our MAW volunteers soon :). The kids only know that CG was approved for a Disney MAW but the dates are still a surprise for them. I love reading everyone's trip updates!

Hello everyone! It has been a while since I last posted an update. CG has been given her dates for her MAW trip. They are Jan. 19 to Jan. 25. We are very excited! We still don't have too much information about the trip yet. I am hoping we hear from our MAW volunteers soon :). The kids only know that CG was approved for a Disney MAW but the dates are still a surprise for them. I love reading everyone's trip updates!

So soon, how exciting!! Are you going to tell them before the trip or keep it a surprise?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter