• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Make a Wish (and other organizations) - Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume SIX!

you have 2 kids so do both then no fighting over who pulls that days link
We have 4! 3 girls & 1 teenage boy. Well now you've got me thinking...I can do Princess for my Wish kid. She's crazy about all the princesses. Her 4yo sis loves Ariel so I can do her colors, and the baby loves Minnie. My son is into all things Goofy. Well now I have something else to plan/craft, yay! :banana:

we are staying june 26th thru july 2nd at give kids the world then extending until july 10th at pop century and i still cant seem to fit it all in.I think its the heat thats gonna interfere the most

So I created an account, made a couple posts, and kinda disappeared for awhile! Nothing new to report as we STILL haven't had much contact from MAW. Our DD was approved in February but still awaiting volunteers :scratchin. In the meantime, I'm keeping myself busy with as much planning as I can possibly cram into my (already) very busy days:surfweb:.
This forum is awesome! You guys have answered so many questions, and been so informative :disrocks:, thanks so much for all your help!
I research and plan and take notes like nobody's business and have had to force myself to stop talking about the trip to my DH because I'm pretty certain he's sick of hearing about it :sick:. Katyana gets so excited whenever I pull up YouTube videos to show her all the happenings in WDW. Her little sister (Kaylei, 4) is my super excited sidekick. She's gone so far as screaming out at the top of her lungs at 3:30 a.m. that she can't sleep because she's "so excited and can't wait another day to see all my Disney friends!"....yeah :confused3
Of course all my plans are tentative but we're hoping to go sometime in December before Christmas. :santa:Has anyone else been around that time and can share any tips or important info?

Wow, MamaVonna have you tried to contact MAW? That seems wierd it would take so long to get wish granters. Do you live in a big area, that might be understaffed with volunteers for MAW? We ran into some problems with my DD's wish paperwork getting lost, but I called them and got it all straightened out. Within a month from the time I called them the meeting was set up. We meet on the 8th. :) I think I'm a lot like you with all this Disney, wish stuff!!! It's so exciting! How old is your wish daughter?

Hi Jennine. Just checking in to see how your son is doing and if you have an update about the Sunshine Foundation and a potential wish trip.

Judy

Hi Judy! Sorry it took so long....dang life getting in the way of my DISboards time!!

Here is what has happened in the last couple of months! I looked up the process on the Sunshine Foundation website and found that the process is that you send in a "Dream referral" application form which is a bare bones referral. You are then sent an "Individual Dream" form. Shortly before the ID form arrived, my DS was nominated for a wish through the Children's Wish foundation(They had just been on a Wish trip with their son who has OI). Through this nomination, we found out that the Children's Wish organization has recently expanded their criteria to consider children with life-long disabilities. We found out about a month later that DS(Taylor) was approved for his wish! He has chosen a Disney Cruise.....he calls it Mickey water :)

In the meantime, since he was nominated we decided to hold back his Sunshine application in favour of waiting to see where the nomination went. We did, however, fill out the Sunshine application for DD(Ashlynn). We found out this week that she was approved as well! We are especially excited for her as she often gets a bum deal around here. Her brother's type of CP makes his needs higher and her older sister is heavily involved in theatre which takes alot of time. She doesn't get much for just her. When we revealed the news to her, she was initially stunned and then once it sunk in she was weeping. I can't explain how happy I am for her!

So, I guess our travel docket will be full for a little while! Can't express how grateful we are!

Wow, MamaVonna have you tried to contact MAW? That seems wierd it would take so long to get wish granters. Do you live in a big area, that might be understaffed with volunteers for MAW? We ran into some problems with my DD's wish paperwork getting lost, but I called them and got it all straightened out. Within a month from the time I called them the meeting was set up. We meet on the 8th. :) I think I'm a lot like you with all this Disney, wish stuff!!! It's so exciting! How old is your wish daughter?
Hi! Lucky you, your wait is almost over!! :jumping1:. I've contacted them a couple times by phone and once by email. Even went so far as having someone from the hospital call-she finally got an answer that they were still waiting on a volunteer team to select her case. I don't want to bug them but I just would love to have some definitive plans in the works!
We live in Cincinnati. No clue on the number of cases or wish granters in our area. They did call last week to "reassure" me that she hasn't been forgotten. I'll just keep myself busy planning and coming up with fun pre-trip activities for the kiddos. My wish kid is Katyana, she's 12.

we are staying june 26th thru july 2nd at give kids the world then extending until july 10th at pop century and i still cant seem to fit it all in.I think its the heat thats gonna interfere the most
How awesome you'll get to extend your trip...that HEAT though is brutal!! I'll have to check out your ptr to see what all you have planned. Our two with CP don't tolerate heat well at all and get sick very quickly, so whenever we go it'll have to be during the cooler months. Have fun and get in all you can (you can rest when you get home!!)

Hi Judy! Sorry it took so long....dang life getting in the way of my DISboards time!!

Here is what has happened in the last couple of months! I looked up the process on the Sunshine Foundation website and found that the process is that you send in a "Dream referral" application form which is a bare bones referral. You are then sent an "Individual Dream" form. Shortly before the ID form arrived, my DS was nominated for a wish through the Children's Wish foundation(They had just been on a Wish trip with their son who has OI). Through this nomination, we found out that the Children's Wish organization has recently expanded their criteria to consider children with life-long disabilities. We found out about a month later that DS(Taylor) was approved for his wish! He has chosen a Disney Cruise.....he calls it Mickey water :)

In the meantime, since he was nominated we decided to hold back his Sunshine application in favour of waiting to see where the nomination went. We did, however, fill out the Sunshine application for DD(Ashlynn). We found out this week that she was approved as well! We are especially excited for her as she often gets a bum deal around here. Her brother's type of CP makes his needs higher and her older sister is heavily involved in theatre which takes alot of time. She doesn't get much for just her. When we revealed the news to her, she was initially stunned and then once it sunk in she was weeping. I can't explain how happy I am for her!

So, I guess our travel docket will be full for a little while! Can't express how grateful we are!

Hi Jennine.

That's very exciting news! It sounds like you have some planning to do. Do you have dates for either trip yet?

Judy

We meet with our MAW granters tonight at 6pm!!!! I'm so excited!!! We received our Disney Planning DVD on Saturday, so we watched it last night. My wish girl wants to watch it over and over. :love: I told her she still has time to change her wish if she wants... she says "mom, I made my wish... I want to go to DISNEY WORLDDDDDD!!!!"

Hi Jennine.

That's very exciting news! It sounds like you have some planning to do. Do you have dates for either trip yet?

Judy

Nothing official as we have to get our passports updates and copies made for both organizations, but ideally we would like to take Ashlynn's trip this fall and Taylor's sometime in either February or March! They have both started journals listing things they would like to do on their trips. Very excited household!!

Whew!! Finally heard from a wish granter last night about my baby girl's case! Now it feels more official. She said she'll be in touch again soon to set up a time to meet Tyana and get the ball rolling :banana:

Thought I'd share a few pix of the little ones!

2015-06-07_17.13.39.jpg
Kavon (15), Keira (3), Katyana (12, Wish Kid, bottom RT), Kaylei (4)

Couple more. After this I guess I'll try to figure out how to start our ptr. Any pointers, I'm still quite new to this site. Thanks!

CAM00916.jpg CAM00822.jpg

Hello!

I am not sure if this is still active but here goes.

My name is Stacey I have two children: Kirsten, who is eight and our wish child, and Luke who is five.

Kirsten has several health problems including: epilepsy, completely blind, a chronic lung disease, a cyst in her spinal cord, CSID and laryngomalacia, among others.

Kirsten's wish is to meet Anna and Elsa! The movie Frozen was the first movie she heard in audio descriptive in a theater. It calms her down when she is overwhelmed and makes her smile. What more can you ask for then a happy kid?

Kirsten thinks she is a princess! She is constantly reminding us of her princess status, lol!

We are going to GKTW/Disney on December 1st - 7th and we are so excited! I am a little nervous and overwhelmed with all the planning and preparations but still excited!

Thank y'all for the links! Any advice on preparing the kids on what to expect?

Thanks,
Stacey

Lol! I was looking on the first page and thinking no one had posted since 2013. Obviously I am new to this site, lol.

I was wondering if anyone has a tube fed child that wanted to go to the castle to see the princesses? How did that work? Were they charged for a meal? Did/do you make reservations through make a wish or do you make them yourselves?

Thank you for the help!

I believe most chapters let you pick one extra like a character meal,the princess makeover,or a show.I know my wish child chose la nouba and we will be seeing it on june 30th on our wish trip.

I believe most chapters let you pick one extra like a character meal,the princess makeover,or a show.I know my wish child chose la nouba and we will be seeing it on june 30th on our wish trip.
Lol! I was looking on the first page and thinking no one had posted since 2013. Obviously I am new to this site, lol.

I was wondering if anyone has a tube fed child that wanted to go to the castle to see the princesses? How did that work? Were they charged for a meal? Did/do you make reservations through make a wish or do you make them yourselves?

Thank you for the help!

Thank you for the help!
We were chsrged full price even though my daughter doesnt eat. Yiure paying more for the experience than the food. Our maw chapter gave us spending money fir the parks which covered cinderellas castle dinner and bbb. We made our reservations ourselves

Make a Wish trip Sep 6th-12th 2015
Hello everyone Im new to the board
My Son is getting a wish trip in Sept were going to be staying at GKTW and Going to the parks. My sons wish is to meet Jake the pirate and since I have no idea what surprises are in store from MAW and GKTW. I made a Reservation at Hollywood and Vine at 10:10 on our Technically 3rd day of our trip. Im nervous about the trip flying for the first time and taking the kids for the for their first huge trip-1st plane ride-1st amusement park visit. Please any and all tips and tricks will be so helpful. My Son Damian is 6 he has Cerebral Palsy and Epilepsy. We also have a 2 year old so this will be a huge fun and stressful time lol. I know well spend Our 3rd day in Hollywood studios exploring and having fun Any other parks that your kids loved ? I know well go to MK and the animal park. Please any tips or tricks would be amazing

mamaVonna- great pictures! When did y'all go on your wish trip?
Thanks! We haven't been on our trip yet. We don't even have confirmed dates...but hoping for Dec. 9-15. We want to experience all the Christmas magic without the Christmas crowds! :santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter