Make a Wish (and other organizations) - Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume SIX!

Oh my gosh! My husband called the Post Office and opened an investigation about the lost box and during the night it was found in Texas. And it hit my local sort facility at 4am! It just might make it....please, please!

Allison, hope you get it in time!!!
Oh my gosh! My husband called the Post Office and opened an investigation about the lost box and during the night it was found in Texas. And it hit my local sort facility at 4am! It just might make it....please, please!

Found out today that MAW will not cover the cost of Logan's character lunch at Hollywood and Vine like his wish granter thought they would but will set up a meet n greet. Pretty bummed, he is so excited about this meal and quite frankly its an expense we really weren't budgeting for since Tyler is 10 he counts as an adult so 3 adults and a child at a character meal is pretty pricey.

YAY! :yay::yay::yay::yay:

Have a fantastic trip!

Judy

Hello!
My son Jude is having his wish granted by MAW and I have lots of questions that you all might be able to help with.

1. Jude wants to be "king of disneyworld" that is his actual wish. Jude is 6 and he likes to wear a dress shirt and tie to school on most days. He loves his fedora and getting extra attention from the ladies. He said he would like to have a. King costume to wear. I would love to hear any creative ideas that you might have for how to make him feel like the king of Disney.

2. Are there any discovery cove discounts that would be good to know about? It's really expensive but I know my kids would love it so we are trying to make it work.

3. Tickets: we are a bigger family. I am reading about wrist bands? We did a trip a few years back for our daughters wish and the tickets were a bit stressful. Trying to keep track of them even just getting into the gate with a bunch of kids. I would hold onto them and pass them out ahead of time. We wrote the names on them with sharpie. It was still worrisome that they would get lost, confused, etc. I would love to hear any tips and tricks to making this easier and if they are wrist bands now? Is that just for Disney? Help!

4. Medical supplies in the parks
On our last trip we were well into animal kingdom and realized we forgot catheters in the morning when we were packing up. My hubby ran back to the car, drove back to gktw and got the supplies and brought them to the park. Any tips or tricks to be sure we don't forget anything? What has worked for your family?

5. Mermaid training? I saw this on Fridays at gktw on here website. I would love to hear from someone who has participated in it and how it was. Sounds exciting!

6. Character lines: with my daughters trip we were able to skip lines to meet characters. I am reading it's no longer a part of the magic button. Anyone know?

Thanks everyone for your time and input. We can't wait to see Jude have his wish come true!
Sarah

Hello!
My son Jude is having his wish granted by MAW and I have lots of questions that you all might be able to help with.

1. Jude wants to be "king of disneyworld" that is his actual wish. Jude is 6 and he likes to wear a dress shirt and tie to school on most days. He loves his fedora and getting extra attention from the ladies. He said he would like to have a. King costume to wear. I would love to hear any creative ideas that you might have for how to make him feel like the king of Disney.

2. Are there any discovery cove discounts that would be good to know about? It's really expensive but I know my kids would love it so we are trying to make it work.

3. Tickets: we are a bigger family. I am reading about wrist bands? We did a trip a few years back for our daughters wish and the tickets were a bit stressful. Trying to keep track of them even just getting into the gate with a bunch of kids. I would hold onto them and pass them out ahead of time. We wrote the names on them with sharpie. It was still worrisome that they would get lost, confused, etc. I would love to hear any tips and tricks to making this easier and if they are wrist bands now? Is that just for Disney? Help!

4. Medical supplies in the parks
On our last trip we were well into animal kingdom and realized we forgot catheters in the morning when we were packing up. My hubby ran back to the car, drove back to gktw and got the supplies and brought them to the park. Any tips or tricks to be sure we don't forget anything? What has worked for your family?

5. Mermaid training? I saw this on Fridays at gktw on here website. I would love to hear from someone who has participated in it and how it was. Sounds exciting!

6. Character lines: with my daughters trip we were able to skip lines to meet characters. I am reading it's no longer a part of the magic button. Anyone know?

Thanks everyone for your time and input. We can't wait to see Jude have his wish come true!
Sarah

1. around Epcot they have various Disney Princesses sometimes at thier "country" where he could woo them? or maybe MAW/GKTW could setup a greet with the princesses for him? and maybe buy him one of the princes outfits to wear? or even all of the princes outfits?

2. i dont remember if GKTW offered discounted/comped tickets for discovery cove or not. i seem to have lost the picture i had of what they offered. if they do it might take them a day or three to get it set up, so let them know on your first night.

3. Disney has the Magic Bands that they use for hotel keys now. if you are not staying on property you should be able to buy them online where you can then attatch each persons tickets to it, and then just wear the bands and keep the tickets as backups. the bands are also used for fastpass+ which you can schedule from your smartphone.

4. we had a diaper bag we brought with one of everything and replenished with what we used when we got back to our rooms. could always have a spare if its something you may need multiples of?

5. i have no information.

6. i think officially it is no longer front of the line, but it should still count as a fastpass if there is one for the line. our handbook says its not front of the line but every character we went to we were rushed to the front of the line when they saw it.

Found this board while researching make a wish disney trips.Been reading every Disney trip report I can find.My oldest son had a wish trip in 2000.We stayed at give kids the world village he was 3 and my oldest daughter was 2.My oldest daughter Brittni just got approved for a make a wish trip last week.They said to expect a call from her wish granters in a week or 2.She is wishing for Disney.So excited and I hope we get to stay at give kids the world again.My 3 youngest kids have always saw pictures from their brothers wish trip and have wanted to stay at give kids the world.I think its for the ice cream.Gonna try to g figure out how I can start a pre-trip report.I think it will be a great way to help me pass the time and keep my plans straight.

welcome, congrats on Brittni's wish approval, hope everything works out for Disney and GKTW for her. Go to the 1st page of this thread think its post 2 has frequently asked questions that will walk you through starting a PTR and adding pics.
Found this board while researching make a wish disney trips.Been reading every Disney trip report I can find.My oldest son had a wish trip in 2000.We stayed at give kids the world village he was 3 and my oldest daughter was 2.My oldest daughter Brittni just got approved for a make a wish trip last week.They said to expect a call from her wish granters in a week or 2.She is wishing for Disney.So excited and I hope we get to stay at give kids the world again.My 3 youngest kids have always saw pictures from their brothers wish trip and have wanted to stay at give kids the world.I think its for the ice cream.Gonna try to g figure out how I can start a pre-trip report.I think it will be a great way to help me pass the time and keep my plans straight.

Had some great news from our wish granter yesterday.....We have flight times :rainbow:. We leave here on a 9:25 am flight and will be in Orlando by 10:56, our transportation will pick us up at 5:30 am :dogdance:and our return flight is not until 7:20 pm on our last day so its like we just got 2 whole days of vacation added!!!! DH is so excited about the 5:30 am pick up:sad2:. Needed that news today, this morning Logan had his oral surgery to fix his numerous cavities from his chemo treatments and had to be put to sleep so needless to say its been a rough day. When we arrived home we had a super special surprise in the mailbox, 2 postcards, 1 for Tyler and 1 for Logan from Spiderman and Harry Potters friends at Universal thanks to disneylove69. Helped put a smile on his face for sure!

This is my wish child Brittni and my youngest sarah back in 2011.ok mastered posting pictures now just have to learn to shrink them.

Hi everyone!!! We meet we Joseph's wish grantors this past week and they are going to put in for his wish a trip to disney with us staying at GKTW!!! They said there is possible some availability in April or may of this year which scares me a little because I like to plan and I don't feel like I would have enough time to get everything together. But either way I'm super excited. I've been reading a lot of pretrial and trip reports. Everything just sounds so awesome.

I wanted to say hello, introduce myself and ask a few questions! My wish child is 4 years old and has stage 4 rhabdomyosarcoma and unfortunately chance of NED is slim and chances of relapse are way higher than I would like. So we want to make the most of our MAW trip by extending and splurging on extras I normally wouldn't consider. I also have a 4 month old who would be going on the trip with us! We meet with her wish granters today and they were great! Her wish was Disney World and I haven't been to Disney since I was a child and have some questions.

1) Has anyone working with the Charlotte NC MAW chapter been able to extend?
2) Has anyone working with the Charlotte NC MAW chapter been able to take anyone along in a non comp status? We are hoping to take 1-2 additional adults (paying their own way of course) to help with the wish child as well as her sister so the wish child is really the focus.
3) Should I pay attention to the crowd calendars when picking dates to go or does the magic button from GKTW make that a more or less moot point? I'm trying to plan around her treatments and scans, Disney holidays, hurricane season, crowd calenders and it's driving me a little crazy!
4) There are a few extras we would like to do but from reading here it seems sometimes you don't even find out your official dates until the very last minute. How can we make advance reservations under these circumstances?

I'm hoping to figure out how to start a pre-trip report soon!

We got our dates already for Jude's wish!
April 24th we leave!
Not much time to plan but we are so so so excited!
More questions:

1. Does anyone sell on etsy? Can you post your link so I can try to find some special things to order for our trip?

2. Send off party. Share yours! Our wish granters are thinking the afternoon before our flight leaves. We are taking an overnight flight. Jude really wants his friends involved...

3. Anyone else going to be at gktw the same time as us? I would love to meet people!
Thanks all
Sarah

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter