Make a Wish (and other organizations) - Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume SIX!

how awesome!!! People are really genuinely good-hearted - i love hearing stories like this! And that calendar - LOVE!!! So amazing!

Thanks for sharing the pics! I can't wait til I can share a few!

terra

It is so true! I can't wait to see pictures!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

SO AWESOME! People really are mostly good in this world! Sometimes it's hard to believe, but this MAW experience has made me feel confident in goodness for sure :)

That is so true. The kindness of people has truly humbled me.

Ack! I just realized we have almost three weeks till we leave for Disney and I have yet to make a countdown calendar!... It seemed so far away at first, and now it appears to be sneaking right up on me! I have butterflies in my stomach today thinking about our trip for the first time ever... I think that means it is starting to feel more real, and like it will really actually happen. I am excited and nervous all at the same time! I want everything to be perfect, but I know it won't be, but it will be super amazing and magical and wonderful no matter what, even if little or even big things don't quite fall into place how we planned them to. Anyway... I am excited and can't wait! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibespixiedust:

Wow! Time is flying by. We will be leaving 12days :eek: and I haven't gotten any of Mikayla's planner done. Between work, daily stuff and school for all of us time has gotten away from me. Julie from Indiana Children's Wish Fund dropped off her backpackers full of trip goodies and it hit me. I have got to get going on her stuff. It seems like she has always had to step back a bit because of her little brother's health. Now we find that she has mito too and we really weren't sure she would qualify but applied any way. This is her time to be a princess. I really want this to be extra memorable for her. She's been so understanding all her life. Can you tell I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed right now? This weekend we will be doing a lot of planning. I wanted to get her tshirts since it was the only thing she asked for and forgot to post for iron on designs. Does anyone know if any of the designers can do anything on short notice? I just need something to download and I can print them off at home. :sad2:
I have to at least get her planner done.:scared:
Where did the time go?

I posted pictures on Jesse's PTR to help introduce our family. :)

I'm so excited for the families getting so close to their wish trips! I'm loving seeing the updates, pictures and plans!

Ack! I just realized we have almost three weeks till we leave for Disney and I have yet to make a countdown calendar!... It seemed so far away at first, and now it appears to be sneaking right up on me! I have butterflies in my stomach today thinking about our trip for the first time ever... I think that means it is starting to feel more real, and like it will really actually happen. I am excited and nervous all at the same time! I want everything to be perfect, but I know it won't be, but it will be super amazing and magical and wonderful no matter what, even if little or even big things don't quite fall into place how we planned them to. Anyway... I am excited and can't wait! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibespixiedust:

Hooray for 3 weeks!!! :yay:

I think the key to enjoying any vacation is to focus on what is going well!! You know the whole glass half full thing!! :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: Then it will be a perfect vacation!! :goodvibes

I am so happy for you and your family!! Now you better get to work on that countdown calendar!!! :rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:

Hooray for wish trips!! :banana::banana::banana:

Madeline

I posted pictures on Jesse's PTR to help introduce our family. :)

I'm so excited for the families getting so close to their wish trips! I'm loving seeing the updates, pictures and plans!

I loved the pictures!! :goodvibes

Thanks for sharing your family with us!! :thumbsup2

I know how excited you must be!! I am excited for you!! :woohoo:

Happy Planning!!

Madeline

Wow! Time is flying by. We will be leaving 12days :eek: and I haven't gotten any of Mikayla's planner done. Between work, daily stuff and school for all of us time has gotten away from me. Julie from Indiana Children's Wish Fund dropped off her backpackers full of trip goodies and it hit me. I have got to get going on her stuff. It seems like she has always had to step back a bit because of her little brother's health. Now we find that she has mito too and we really weren't sure she would qualify but applied any way. This is her time to be a princess. I really want this to be extra memorable for her. She's been so understanding all her life. Can you tell I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed right now? This weekend we will be doing a lot of planning. I wanted to get her tshirts since it was the only thing she asked for and forgot to post for iron on designs. Does anyone know if any of the designers can do anything on short notice? I just need something to download and I can print them off at home. :sad2:
I have to at least get her planner done.:scared:
Where did the time go?

Hooray for 12... Now 11 days!! :banana::banana::banana:

I hope you find the time to plan this weekend!! Try not feel too stressed!! It will all come together!! :hug:

Hugs,

Madeline

SO AWESOME! People really are mostly good in this world! Sometimes it's hard to believe, but this MAW experience has made me feel confident in goodness for sure :)

Great Post and SO true!!! :thumbsup2 :cheer2:

The whole Make a Wish and Big Give makes me know this is true!! :yay: :goodvibes

Thanks for sharing,

Madeline

There truly are so many wonderful people in this world! Next question! Has anyone done the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween? Christopher is REALLY getting excited about Halloween and trick or treating. I don't know anything about it. I know they also celebrate at GKTW, so is it worth it? I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

Hi all! We are new to the Disboards, and also new to the Make a Wish Foundation. My little sister has recieved a wish trip to Walt Disney World!!! She suffers from severe seizures and has since she was 6 mths old, she is now 14yrs old. She officially recieved her trip dates this week which also happen to fall during her birthday!!!!! Couldn't ask for anything better to make her smile!
Just wanted to get in on the fun here and learn all we can before she sets out on her journey:-) Thanks for any help in advance!

Hi all! We are new to the Disboards, and also new to the Make a Wish Foundation. My little sister has recieved a wish trip to Walt Disney World!!! She suffers from severe seizures and has since she was 6 mths old, she is now 14yrs old. She officially recieved her trip dates this week which also happen to fall during her birthday!!!!! Couldn't ask for anything better to make her smile!
Just wanted to get in on the fun here and learn all we can before she sets out on her journey:-) Thanks for any help in advance!

Welcome!!!

Welcome!!! cdf89
So exciting that your sister is getting her wish! It sounds like you are a great support for her, and you are going with her on the trip, right? Siblings face so many hardships of their own, as I'm learning through the support group for my daughter's syndrome. You deserve major kudos. Great job being there for your sister! You rock!

So happy for you all. This is a wonderful place to share with people who truly care. Happy planning!

Hooray for your sisters wish trip!!! Let the fun begin!! :goodvibespixiedust:

I agree that siblings deserve tons of kudos for supporting their brother or sister during the medical issues and for all they miss out on. :grouphug:

I would be happy to answer questions!! :confused3:confused::scratchin Feel free to ask away!!! :thumbsup2

Happy Planning!!

Madeline

Hooray for your sisters wish trip!!! Let the fun begin!! :goodvibespixiedust:

I agree that siblings deserve tons of kudos for supporting their brother or sister during the medical issues and for all they miss out on. :grouphug:

I would be happy to answer questions!! :confused3:confused::scratchin Feel free to ask away!!! :thumbsup2

Happy Planning!!

Madeline

"Thank you for the kind words. I am much older of course but yes I will be joining in the fun. My lil sis came to be when she was about 16 mths old, and my family adopted her. We knew of her seizure issues then but as she grew she never learned to talk or anything normal so to speak. She is autistic and has moderate mental issues and of course the seizures, but she is the happiest 14 yr old alive! I am now 37 yrs old, and enjoy every minute I get to spend with her!! I am so looking forward to seeing her face light up when she sees Mickey for the first time"
Copied the above post from another so that it makes a little more sense, we do have a large age difference between us.....lol

I do have a few questions however for anyone who can answer. ...
She was granted her wish for a week at GKTW from November 8-14. So I have been researching GKTW quite a bit and it seems amazing!
Is there somewhere specific I could maybe post our dates to find others who may be making wish trips at the same time? Also are there any specific things for those who have done this, that you found out after getting there, and just said WOW I wish someone would have told me that!! Also I have some detail questions about the wish granted itself is there a better place to ask those? Regarding specifically what type expenses I should prepare for outside of what they pay for, things like that?
I so love reading the boards! I have been to Disney many many times in my lifetime, no place makes me happier and I know it is going to be the same for her....this will be her very first time!!

I do have a few questions however for anyone who can answer. ...
She was granted her wish for a week at GKTW from November 8-14. So I have been researching GKTW quite a bit and it seems amazing!

Is there somewhere specific I could maybe post our dates to find others who may be making wish trips at the same time? Also are there any specific things for those who have done this, that you found out after getting there, and just said WOW I wish someone would have told me that!! Also I have some detail questions about the wish granted itself is there a better place to ask those? Regarding specifically what type expenses I should prepare for outside of what they pay for, things like that?
I so love reading the boards! I have been to Disney many many times in my lifetime, no place makes me happier and I know it is going to be the same for her....this will be her very first time!!

Hooray for a 1st time trip to Disney!!! I'm sure your sister will have a magical time!!

As far as expense go, our expense check covered all our expenses. We did eat breakfast and dinner at GKTW so that cut down on expenses!!

Another Wish Family just asked the same question (what do you wish you had know before your wish trip). Here is my respones:

Our #1 tip is keep in mind that Give Kids the World is a wonderful place full of great activities!! If we could do one thing differently we would have spent more time at Give Kids the World!! I mean we only got free Ice Cream once... come on that's pathetic!!! :confused3:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Another important tip is if you want to go to all the parks you get free tickets to you will probably have to go to 2 parks in 1 day (unless you get more time in Florida than the standard time).

Tip 3 -- There are lots of really great restaurants but you need reservations for them, so I visited the food thread on the DIS and decided which restaurants we wanted to visit then scheduled reservations.

Tip 4 -- Give Kids the World suggested to us that we have breakfast before we leave and dinner when we get back since meals are free at Give Kids the World. That worked great for us.

Tip 5 -- Make a Plan -- Talk to everyone who is going to see what is on their must do list. Make a rough plan (that is flexible) which includes everyone must do's.

Tip 6 -- Read the Make a Wish Thread and Wish trip reports to use as resources.

Tip 7 -- Universal seems to really roll out the red carpet for many of the families who made Trip Reports (including my family) so save time for these parks if your family is interested in the attractions they have there. :goodvibes

I hope these help!!!

Make A Wish and Give Kids the World really is on top of everything so even if you don't have lots of time to plan or read trip reports they will walk you through everything!!!

Happy Planning, pixiedust:

Madeline

Hooray for a 1st time trip to Disney!!! I'm sure your sister will have a magical time!!

As far as expense go, our expense check covered all our expenses. We did eat breakfast and dinner at GKTW so that cut down on expenses!!

Another Wish Family just asked the same question (what do you wish you had know before your wish trip). Here is my respones:

Our #1 tip is keep in mind that Give Kids the World is a wonderful place full of great activities!! If we could do one thing differently we would have spent more time at Give Kids the World!! I mean we only got free Ice Cream once... come on that's pathetic!!! :confused3:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Another important tip is if you want to go to all the parks you get free tickets to you will probably have to go to 2 parks in 1 day (unless you get more time in Florida than the standard time).

Tip 3 -- There are lots of really great restaurants but you need reservations for them, so I visited the food thread on the DIS and decided which restaurants we wanted to visit then scheduled reservations.

Tip 4 -- Give Kids the World suggested to us that we have breakfast before we leave and dinner when we get back since meals are free at Give Kids the World. That worked great for us.

Tip 5 -- Make a Plan -- Talk to everyone who is going to see what is on their must do list. Make a rough plan (that is flexible) which includes everyone must do's.

Tip 6 -- Read the Make a Wish Thread and Wish trip reports to use as resources.

Tip 7 -- Universal seems to really roll out the red carpet for many of the families who made Trip Reports (including my family) so save time for these parks if your family is interested in the attractions they have there. :goodvibes

I hope these help!!!

Make A Wish and Give Kids the World really is on top of everything so even if you don't have lots of time to plan or read trip reports they will walk you through everything!!!

Happy Planning, pixiedust:

Madeline

Happy Planning!

Madeline - those are GREAT tips! I am trying my best to just read and absorb everything around here too without feeling like i'm asking the same question a billion people have just asked!
LOVING all this info on this thread - and all of these boards!

terra

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter