Make a Wish (and other organizations) ~ Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume FOUR!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to clarify-
A GAC and the MAW GAC are two different things. MAW/GKTW GAC is FOTL. The "regular" GAC is need based and is not FOTL.

So if you are extending a MAW trip and your MAW GAC expires and you have needs, you can still get a GAC. It will just not be the FOTL.

The GAC isn't front of the line pass. You get to go in the fast pass line. We waited a good 30min for most rides. Better than the 100min wait. Characters you do get FoTL. With my youngest daughter we went in Nov. and we didn't even wait in a line. The parks were pretty dead. With Korissas trip we went during a very busy time and like I said.... We had to wait for most rides.

The GAC isn't front of the line pass. You get to go in the fast pass line. We waited a good 30min for most rides. Better than the 100min wait. Characters you do get FoTL. With my youngest daughter we went in Nov. and we didn't even wait in a line. The parks were pretty dead. With Korissas trip we went during a very busy time and like I said.... We had to wait for most rides.

:thumbsup2 Yep, not fotl at Disney for most attractions. Still awesome. For us the regular GAC for our daughter's needs was treated basically the same as the GKTW GAC. Livndisney is right that the regular GAC does depend on your specific needs. The only thing that was better for us with the GKTW GAC was our whole group was included without difficulty as the regular GAC is only for 6 and our immediate family is 9. We didn't figure out the GKTW GAC worked for character lines until the end of our trip. They do make an effort to whisk you right to the front even with the really long character lines, like Rapunzel. FYI, I put the magic button on whatever hat that our daughter wore so it was closer to eye level for the CM's. It was amazing how many times they saw that button at all the parks before we even showed them!

Thanks for all of the information everyone! I have learned so much on these boards that will help make our trip even better!!

Yes, I understand a GAC is not FOTL, that was my point, and why I said "The "regular" GAC is need based and is not FOTL".:thumbsup2

And using a "regular" GAC does not always mean you "get to go in the fast pass line". A GAC is need based, and there are different stamps which give different access. And "access" is not always the same for each ride/show.

"Offically" a GAC is not used for characters, but sometimes a CM can assist.:)

Miss Katelyn got a HUGE surprise from our Dream Manager yesterday!! Just updated our pre-trippie with the surprise & lots of new pictures!! Stop by & see what had Miss K so shocked!! :eek: (actually a surprise for ALL of us!!)

Got our dates from Make-A-Wish! We're going the first week of Oct.

The planning is on!

Got our dates from Make-A-Wish! We're going the first week of Oct.

The planning is on!

Congrats on getting your dates!! :banana::cool1::woohoo::yay::cheer2::dance3:

We are going to be there the same time!! We arrive Oct. 1st and leave the 7th!! Maybe we will see you all there!! ;)

It looks as though we have something in common!! Looks like you are a fellow photographer?!?!?! ;):goodvibes;)

My son is almost begging us to let his sister where his button so he doesn't have to meet the Princesses. I told him that we are not wasting time in lines that we can skip and if that means he has to meet Princesses, then he meets them. Not going risk a CM seeing Cc wear the button there, and then seeing Dev wear the button somewhere else.

Aahahahah! We're into single digits now!

So much to do, so little time....

Can anyone tell me how to get to the the line-up for early morning appointments? I know someone gave me directions as to where to head at the entrance for our 9:00am BBB appointment (which we'll have to arrive at MK at 8:30am for) and now I can't find the directions! :confused3

Going crazy over here--with excitement and things to do!!!:rotfl:

Aahahahah! We're into single digits now!

So much to do, so little time....

Can anyone tell me how to get to the the line-up for early morning appointments? I know someone gave me directions as to where to head at the entrance for our 9:00am BBB appointment (which we'll have to arrive at MK at 8:30am for) and now I can't find the directions! :confused3

Going crazy over here--with excitement and things to do!!!:rotfl:

First, do not panic! Take a deep breath! Once you get to the Magic Kingdom, go through bag check. Then generally over to the right there is a cast member holding a large sign that says breakfast reservations/ BBB reservations. Just walk over to her and your name will be on a list. If you are not sure where to go, just ask any castmember. They are all friendly and helpful! Your trip will be here before you know it. Just remember to go with the flow and let the magic happen. Do not try to plan too much! Have a great time! :woohoo:

Yes, I understand a GAC is not FOTL, that was my point, and why I said "The "regular" GAC is need based and is not FOTL".:thumbsup2

And using a "regular" GAC does not always mean you "get to go in the fast pass line". A GAC is need based, and there are different stamps which give different access. And "access" is not always the same for each ride/show.

Owen always needs a GAC at Disneyland. We tag his stroller as a wheelchair and he has several oxygen tanks on board with us. It's nice to have the stroller available as soon as we get off the ride and we don't have to carry him in line. That's the biggest benefit of the GAC in my opinion! :)

As far as ride access.. the GAC is great in Fantasy land.. as you just go to the exit of the ride and there is very little wait time. On newer rides, the line is handicapped accessible, so you wait in the regular line, but you can take your stroller through the line while you wait.. lifesaver!!

Miss Katelyn got a HUGE surprise from our Dream Manager yesterday!! Just updated our pre-trippie with the surprise & lots of new pictures!! Stop by & see what had Miss K so shocked!! :eek: (actually a surprise for ALL of us!!)

What a wonderful surprise!! She looks so excited!!

Walmart-there is a Walmart right near GKTW (I don't recommend going there at night:scared1:). Yes, they sell lanyards and autograph books. And they will also have Halloween Costumes in Oct.

Can you send me a PM next week to remind me to send you some info (please)?:cutie:

Thank you for the tip on the not at night! :D My son does not want to dress up, but I"m hoping that once we get there.....maybe there will be something he will want to wear....even if its a "this shirt IS my costume!" LOL

Will do on the PM! princess:

:banana::banana: Ive added a few new posts of photos at the end of my pretrippie if you wanna bounce on over andtake a peek :) I cant say im in the single digits but im so close 12 days and well be In DISNEY!!!:banana::banana:

Thank you for the tip on the not at night! :D My son does not want to dress up, but I"m hoping that once we get there.....maybe there will be something he will want to wear....even if its a "this shirt IS my costume!" LOL

Will do on the PM! princess:

Have you considered a tee like this:
http://www.disneystore.com/tees-clothes-boys-costume-buzz-lightyear-tee/mp/1267726/1000228+1000762/

I was at the outlet near GKTW the other day and I saw a Goofy tee and a Sorceror Mickey tee. They looked like Mickey's red outfit and Goofy's orange. You son could wear the tee and add a hat and :wizard:

How about some Spiderman?
http://www.disneystore.com/outfit-spider-man-tee-by-mighty-fine-for-men/mp/1289722/1000204+1000764/

Nightmare before Christmas:

http://www.disneystore.com/clothes-...ngton-tee-for-men/mp/1287704/1000204+1000764/

Just to clarify, I was referring to the GKTW GAC as not being FOTL. Sorry if I caused confusion. I assumed that was what momtomitokids was referring to as she mentioned her kids wish trips. With our GKTW GAC we did wait in most lines, usually with the fast pass folks. Universal's GAP gave us FOTL, but not at Disney.:thumbsup2

Preston is having a difficult time walking right now without pain. It was really nice to see him for a few months being able to walk normal without any pain, but now he's hurting again and I hope it is nothing serious and will go away quickly. He has an MRI scheduled for this coming month and I am interested to see what the result is. Please pray for his recovery, before we go to Disney in October. He really wants to walk instead of being in a wheelchair. Synovial:grouphug:

First, do not panic! Take a deep breath! Once you get to the Magic Kingdom, go through bag check. Then generally over to the right there is a cast member holding a large sign that says breakfast reservations/ BBB reservations. Just walk over to her and your name will be on a list. If you are not sure where to go, just ask any castmember. They are all friendly and helpful! Your trip will be here before you know it. Just remember to go with the flow and let the magic happen. Do not try to plan too much! Have a great time! :woohoo:

Thank you! I will try to breath...in, out, in out....LOL!!

:banana::banana: Ive added a few new posts of photos at the end of my pretrippie if you wanna bounce on over andtake a peek :) I cant say im in the single digits but im so close 12 days and well be In DISNEY!!!:banana::banana:

Coming on over to check 'em out!

Preston is having a difficult time walking right now without pain. It was really nice to see him for a few months being able to walk normal without any pain, but now he's hurting again and I hope it is nothing serious and will go away quickly. He has an MRI scheduled for this coming month and I am interested to see what the result is. Please pray for his recovery, before we go to Disney in October. He really wants to walk instead of being in a wheelchair. Synovial:grouphug:

We'll be thinking of him! Walking with Mickey in Disney!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter