Make a Wish (and other organizations) ~ Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume FOUR!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are still anxiously awaiting but you better bet im gonna be on my mailbox like a bee on honey tommorow lol. Is it coming UPS or FED EX ?

:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2: It should be coming regular mail!! And he said that it would be there by Wednesday!! I would totally be camped out by my mailbox!! :rotfl:

can't wait until she gets it!!!

I added a few family photos with all 5 kids in the same picture. I know alot of moms said this but i hate being in the pictures and I love taking them lol is that just a mom thing. Anyways Ill keep everyone updated on Friday at the reds game as the make a wish guest of the evening :cool1:

:cheer2::cheer2: We got a call from the Cincinnati Make a Wish Chapter saying that they had chosen Mackenzie to be the Make a Wish Child guest at the Cincinnati Reds Game on Friday evening. She gets to be interviewed by the local news station and she gets to meet with the Reds and watch them at their batting practice on the field and even gets special attenchin from her favorite player ( Drew Stubbs) . We also get some of the best seats in the house!! I am awestruck and so happy they chose us. I think im going to have Mackenzie wear her mickey mail from Katelyn and Carrie !!!!! Let the MAW magic begin :cheer2:

This is so awesome!!! I can't wait to see pics. So neat she will get to meet her favorite player too.

My daughter Mattie was given a Disney pin at a sleepover from one of her friends. She told her she needed to have pins to trade at Disney. We've heard that mentioned before and am not sure exactly what that means. Can anyone give me a clue as to what the process is and where you get the pins to trade?

Thanks,

Pin trading is popular at Disney. Pins can be purchased at the parks, but they can tend to get expensive. You can also purchase them on ebay, but you need to be careful of fake pins. I know there is a list of approved sellers somewhere on disboards.

All castmembers at Disney parks wear lanyards. The ones wearing green lanyards can only trade with children, while the ones wearing yellow lanyards can trade with anyone. You simply walk up to a cast member and ask to look at their pins. Since they are wearing the pins it is good to not touch the pins. Then if you find one you like, you take one of your pins and exchange it for one of theirs. There are special "hidden mickey" pins that you can only get by trading with a cast member. Cast members cannot refuse a trade unless you have an obvious fake or non-Disney pin. You can also trade with other guests in the parks, but I have never tried that.

Pin trading is addictive and a lot of fun! You may just want to get her 5-10 pins to trade! :wizard:

My daughter Mattie was given a Disney pin at a sleepover from one of her friends. She told her she needed to have pins to trade at Disney. We've heard that mentioned before and am not sure exactly what that means. Can anyone give me a clue as to what the process is and where you get the pins to trade?

Thanks,

Pin trading is popular at WDW. You can trade pins with CM's wearing lanyards. You can also ask at GS for the pin book. You can buy pins and lanyards all over WDW. You can also buy pins on Ebay (there is a thread here on the Dis about fake pins or scrappers-they can explain it better than I can). You can also buy starter sets that include a lanyard and a few pins.

Hi everyone,

So, here's our intinerary (or at least a first draft of it!). I've tried to stagger big days with shorter ones in between, to give us some time to rest and enjoy GKTW.

Let me know what you think--whether I've forgotten something, if you think it is too busy or if there is something you think might not work out. Of course, we can't do everything and there are four Disney parks to fit into three days, so there will be a bit of hopping back and forth. It is especially tricky to try and make it to the nighttime shows. Brooke would have no problem staying up past her bedtime, but Avie is still a baby and keeps pretty close to the routine.

I appreciate any help with the planning--especially timing-wise. I just don't want to miss that first 9am BBB appointment on our first day, and I'm wondering just how much time we should be there in advance (or how much time they'll let us in in advance) so Brooke can gawk at the castle! LOL!!

Anyways, all suggestions and thoughts welcome! Thanks!

Itinerary
Thursday, September 8 (travel day)
- Flight at 8:00 am
- Arrive in Orlando at 1pm
- Arrive at GKTW around 2pm (I’m guessing here?)
- Orientation at GKTW – (Time?)
- Winter Wonderland party 6:30 to 8:30pm

Friday, September 9 (big day)
- Magic Kingdom for 9:00am BBB appointment (what time do I need to leave for this?)
- Lunch at Cinderella’s Royal Table at 12:15pm
- MK closes early this night, so back to GKTW for dinner
- Pirates and Princesses Party with Shamu 7:30 to 8:30pm

Saturday, September 10 (big day)
- Horseback riding at GKTW at 8:00am
- Animal Kingdom from 10:00 to 3:00pmish
- Hop to Hollywood Studios from mid-afternoon (3:30ish) to close
- Fantasmic at 8:30pm (if we are up to it—or bag to GKTW for Mayor Clayton’s Birthday Party if we are not)

Sunday, September 11 (short, easier day)
- Sea World 10:00 to 5:00pm
- Giant Candyland Game 7:30 to 8:30pm

Monday, September 12 (big day)
- Disney characters at GKTW 8:00 to 8:30am
- Epcot all day
- Dinner at Akershus at 5:10 pm
- Hop to Magic Kingdom for evening until close
- Wishes at 9:00pm

Tuesday, September 13 (big day)
- Nick characters at GKTW from 8:30 to 9:15am
- Universal Studios all day
- Big Splash Bash 6:00 to 8:30pm (Will this still be going on during September?)

Wednesday, September 14 (short day)
- Horseback riding at GKTW at 8:00am
- Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure all day
- Enjoy GKTW

Thursday, September 15 (travel day)
- Disney characters at GKTW at 8:00 to 8:30
- Enjoy GKTW in morning
- Check out – (Time?)
- Flight at 2:00pm

Whaddayathink?

I appreciate any help with the planning--especially timing-wise. I just don't want to miss that first 9am BBB appointment on our first day, and I'm wondering just how much time we should be there in advance (or how much time they'll let us in in advance) so Brooke can gawk at the castle! LOL!!

It looks like park hours show a 9am park open that day so they will let you in early with your BBB reservation. Take advantage of this! You can get great photos in an empty park with no people in them. Personally, I would plan to be walking up to the bag check and turnstiles no later than 8:30am.

Pin trading is popular at Disney. Pins can be purchased at the parks, but they can tend to get expensive. You can also purchase them on ebay, but you need to be careful of fake pins. I know there is a list of approved sellers somewhere on disboards.

All castmembers at Disney parks wear lanyards. The ones wearing green lanyards can only trade with children, while the ones wearing yellow lanyards can trade with anyone. You simply walk up to a cast member and ask to look at their pins. Since they are wearing the pins it is good to not touch the pins. Then if you find one you like, you take one of your pins and exchange it for one of theirs. There are special "hidden mickey" pins that you can only get by trading with a cast member. Cast members cannot refuse a trade unless you have an obvious fake or non-Disney pin. You can also trade with other guests in the parks, but I have never tried that.

Pin trading is addictive and a lot of fun! You may just want to get her 5-10 pins to trade! :wizard:

Thank you so much for the information. I like that some only trade with kiddos. I will search for the ebay sellers list and now have some evening fun for the next few months searching for pins!

Itinerary
Thursday, September 8 (travel day)
- Flight at 8:00 am
- Arrive in Orlando at 1pm
- Arrive at GKTW around 2pm (I’m guessing here?)
- Orientation at GKTW – (Time?)
- Winter Wonderland party 6:30 to 8:30pm

I was in the Village this morning and I know that they had an orientation scheduled for 3PM, not sure if that is normally the case.

Pin trading is popular at WDW. You can trade pins with CM's wearing lanyards. You can also ask at GS for the pin book. You can buy pins and lanyards all over WDW. You can also buy pins on Ebay (there is a thread here on the Dis about fake pins or scrappers-they can explain it better than I can). You can also buy starter sets that include a lanyard and a few pins.

Thank you for the info. I would have been "that guy" that would have had the kids happy with pins to trade only to find out they were scrappers when we got there. lol

Were doing a bunch of the gktw night activities too i hope we run into you sometime.

For sure! We would love to meet some DisBoard wish families!!

It looks like park hours show a 9am park open that day so they will let you in early with your BBB reservation. Take advantage of this! You can get great photos in an empty park with no people in them. Personally, I would plan to be walking up to the bag check and turnstiles no later than 8:30am.

Excellent! What a good idea. I want to be there with plenty of time to spare--and it would be nice to get some pics of the castle without the crowds in front of it!

I was in the Village this morning and I know that they had an orientation scheduled for 3PM, not sure if that is normally the case.

Great--I would love to get the orientation done shortly after we arrive, so one of us doesn't miss have to attend the evening orientation session while the rest of the family is having fun at the GKTW activities. Thank you for the info!

So, I know what the BIG GIVE is--but I'm just wondering how to do I become a BIG GIVER? Is there a link to the posting area? A specific group to join? Do I need a special club handshake?! :) This is just such an awesome program and I think the girls would love to be able to give back by giving to others. :lovestruc

I started a pre-trip report for Audrey. I put the link in my signature in anyone wanted to read it.

I made Audrey an appointment at the BBB. I've called a few times to get reservations for the Royal Table. We leave in a few weeks. The first time I called...booked and I'm not shocked. The second time I call...lunch available and I'm shocked! There are 7 of us so I really never expected to get reservation on such short notice.

Audrey knows about the BBB but doesn't know that after that she's eating with the princesses. She will find out when we get there for our reservation.

So, I know what the BIG GIVE is--but I'm just wondering how to do I become a BIG GIVER? Is there a link to the posting area? A specific group to join? Do I need a special club handshake?! :) This is just such an awesome program and I think the girls would love to be able to give back by giving to others. :lovestruc

You can go to www.disbiggive.com and register. We would love to have you!

Big gives are fun to participate in for sure!!!! :cool1:

I updated our PTR with some pictures of Gabbie and her treatment...just a little more back ground on us!

2.5 months until Disney! HOORRAAYYY!!!!!!

I have started a pre-trip report for our Zachary who is a Dream Factory kid. I am new at this pre/post trip report and just trying to get a hang of it. I will attach the link to our report.

I do need to know how do you post pictures? And how do I get my links to just be able to click on it and go to it? (I am very computer technically stupid. :rotfl:)

Thanks for any advice & tips.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=42018780#post42018780

Please keep our family in prayer, my DH Dad isn't excpected to live through the weekend and we have a flight out tonight for Maryland (the soonest we could get). Please pray he hangs on until we can see him.

Please keep our family in prayer, my DH Dad isn't excpected to live through the weekend and we have a flight out tonight for Maryland (the soonest we could get). Please pray he hangs on until we can see him.

Oh Judy I'm sorry to here about your DH's dad... I hope you get to have some time before he goes and I hope that you will have what you need durig this time. Praying 4 u all....
Brooke

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter