Make a Wish (and other organizations) ~ Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume FOUR!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woo Hoo! Got our dates! We will fly there Sun Oct 9th and come home Saturday October 15th. The itinerary will come in the mail, but I am told they got us good flights! Can't wait to see! We will be there on dd's birthday which is the 10th and she is so excited and so am I. Can't wait!

Congrats on your dates!! :cool1::banana::woohoo::dance3::cheer2: YAY!!

Make sure you stop at City Hall on main Street & get her a birthday button!!! CM's go out of their way to wish the birthday girl (or boy) a happy birthday!! And they get a special phone call (or at least they did 5 years ago!!) ;) You guys will be arriving as we are leaving!!

Hmmm...thought I posted, but it's not here! Emily was approved today! We don't have dates, but we have official approval, so I guess I can start our pre-trip report now! Yay!!!

Hmmm...thought I posted, but it's not here! Emily was approved today! We don't have dates, but we have official approval, so I guess I can start our pre-trip report now! Yay!!!

WOOHOO!!! Congrats on getting your dates!!! Let the planning begin!! Let us know when you start your pre-trippie!! I will be subscribing!!

:cool1::banana::yay::dance3::cheer2:

:confused3 Me too. I posted a question this evening and when I came back to see if there were any responses the post wasn't there. Very strange.

:cheer2: :banana::dance3: Yeah for approval. You should definately start a ptr. I will look forward to following along. Good luck and I hope your dates come through soon.

You post was in the wrong thread. I wondered why there was a reply announcing a pre trip report, so I will find it again and delete it from that thread.
:confused3 Me too. I posted a question this evening and when I came back to see if there were any responses the post wasn't there. Very strange.

:cheer2: :banana::dance3: Yeah for approval. You should definately start a ptr. I will look forward to following along. Good luck and I hope your dates come through soon.
I'm not sure what happened to your post - other than this one your last post was on this thread at 1 something pm today.
Started a PTR, with an intro post. I posted the link in my sig. Is that how I do it?
your link worked just fIne.
I'm always interested to read about Wish families, but I'm too busy to read them all. Sweet girls you have.

You post was in the wrong thread. I wondered why there was a reply announcing a pre trip report, so I will find it again and delete it from that thread.

I'm not sure what happened to your post - other than this one your last post was on this thread at 1 something pm today.

your link worked just fIne.
I'm always interested to read about Wish families, but I'm too busy to read them all. Sweet girls you have.

OH, lol. Thank you! Not sure how I managed that. Must have clicked one above or below, lol.

That's so exciting!!! What are you waiting for---GET STARTED!!!

Woo Hoo! Got our dates! We will fly there Sun Oct 9th and come home Saturday October 15th. The itinerary will come in the mail, but I am told they got us good flights! Can't wait to see! We will be there on dd's birthday which is the 10th and she is so excited and so am I. Can't wait!

Awesome!!! Congrats on the dates. That's so great the DD will get to celebrate her b-day at the parks. So special! :)

YAY!!!! :cheer2:

Congrats!!! :banana:

HOORAY!!!!! :goodvibes:goodvibes We arrive on Friday the 14th, maybe we'll catch you...are you planning on going to the pirates and princess party? We are celebrating 3 birthdays our week...its going to be a blast!!

Hooray!! and Congrats!!! :cool1: I'll have to bop on over to your new thread soon!

Maroo, in regard to the orientation....I was thinking the EXACT same thing.....I'm planning to send my DH so he can get up to my speed. He won't take the time to do a lot of planning before hand, knowing I have that covered :rotfl2: But once we're there...he will totally get up to speed and the orientation will help. :)

This Sunday I am going to help raise funds for Give Kids the World by marathon riding a roller coaster here in Cincinnati. I will be riding the coaster for 6hrs. and hope to reach my goal. All monies raised go directly to Give Kids the World. I know most of us stayed there and know the treatment they provide for us during our stay. So I figured I could give back a little, but a little goes along way. I am posting a link if you'd want to read about it and donate to GKTW.

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/davefuhrman/coastingforkids-kingsisland

pirate:

Our son is getting a dream trip through the Dream Factory and I would love to do a pre trip report & trip report. Not sure were I should put it on the boards. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have never done this before but am looking forward to it.

This Sunday I am going to help raise funds for Give Kids the World by marathon riding a roller coaster here in Cincinnati. I will be riding the coaster for 6hrs. and hope to reach my goal. All monies raised go directly to Give Kids the World. I know most of us stayed there and know the treatment they provide for us during our stay. So I figured I could give back a little, but a little goes along way. I am posting a link if you'd want to read about it and donate to GKTW.

pirate:

I'm impressed! 6 hours on a roller coaster! :eek:

I need some opinions about double strollers!

I had inquired with MAW about getting a double stroller that reclines, since our two girls are both toddlers and can tire easily. I especially wanted one that reclines, because my 15 month old still requires naps and I'm hoping (keeping fingers crossed!) that she'll be able to nap in stroller. My daughter's wish grantor said it would be no problem to rent us one and would like me to pick a stroller from Orlando Stroller Rentals (http://www.orlandostrollerrentals.com/). Two of the three double strollers listed on the website seem to recline, and they all offer nice little canopies to keep the girls out of the shade. They all look great.

Before I make my choice, however, I'm just wondering if double strollers are too big for the parks? Will we be able to fit them on the monorails, in ride queues or stroller parking spaces? Would I be better off renting two single strollers instead? What's more cumbersome?

Opinions wanted and welcome! Thanks!

pirate:

Good on you!! Six hours on a rollar coaster--that's insane. I can barely last 60seconds! Good luck with your fundraiser. :)

I need some opinions about double strollers!

I had inquired with MAW about getting a double stroller that reclines, since our two girls are both toddlers and can tire easily. I especially wanted one that reclines, because my 15 month old still requires naps and I'm hoping (keeping fingers crossed!) that she'll be able to nap in stroller. My daughter's wish grantor said it would be no problem to rent us one and would like me to pick a stroller from Orlando Stroller Rentals (http://www.orlandostrollerrentals.com/). Two of the three double strollers listed on the website seem to recline, and they all offer nice little canopies to keep the girls out of the shade. They all look great.

Before I make my choice, however, I'm just wondering if double strollers are too big for the parks? Will we be able to fit them on the monorails, in ride queues or stroller parking spaces? Would I be better off renting two single strollers instead? What's more cumbersome?

Opinions wanted and welcome! Thanks!

No worries, there are LOTS of double strollers in the parks.

:cheer2: Congrats on your dates! How fun that you will be there on her birthday! Birthdays are fun at Disney. Make sure the cm's can tell she is a birthday girl. I made a shirt for my ds and the entire staff and patronage at Cosmic Rays sang to him! Also make sure you tell them at GKTW. They do a couple special things.

Oh that is neat! I will be sure to let them know. MAW already knows because I asked to be there on her birthday if possible. I figured there is not much better a place to be on your 6th birthday then Disney!

Congrats on your dates!! :cool1::banana::woohoo::dance3::cheer2: YAY!!

Make sure you stop at City Hall on main Street & get her a birthday button!!! CM's go out of their way to wish the birthday girl (or boy) a happy birthday!! And they get a special phone call (or at least they did 5 years ago!!) ;) You guys will be arriving as we are leaving!!

Oh cool! I definitely will. Thank you! Can't believe we will just miss each other, but I guess that happens with a lot of the Wish families.

Awesome!!! Congrats on the dates. That's so great the DD will get to celebrate her b-day at the parks. So special! :)

I hope she will remember it forever!

YAY!!!! :cheer2:

Congrats!!! :banana:

Thank you!

HOORAY!!!!! :goodvibes:goodvibes We arrive on Friday the 14th, maybe we'll catch you...are you planning on going to the pirates and princess party? We are celebrating 3 birthdays our week...its going to be a blast!!

THREE birthdays! Wow that is so cool. I am not sure about the pirate and princess party yet. We need to figure out what we are going to do, but I have Christmas and that as the two things I would like to be at GKTW for....I take it you will be there??

Hooray!! and Congrats!!! :cool1: I'll have to bop on over to your new thread soon!

Thanks! Please do!

pirate:

This is incredible!

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what parks that you can do in a half a day? Our flight arrives at 10:15, but then I am going to have to be back for orientation at 7pm that evening. So, we have enough time that I would like to go do something, but want it somewhere we can fit a lot in during that time so we won't have to go back.

Also, someone mentioned "crowd meters" to know what park is busy when. If someone could let me know where I can find it, I would appreciate it.

Thank you!

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what parks that you can do in a half a day? Our flight arrives at 10:15, but then I am going to have to be back for orientation at 7pm that evening. So, we have enough time that I would like to go do something, but want it somewhere we can fit a lot in during that time so we won't have to go back.

Also, someone mentioned "crowd meters" to know what park is busy when. If someone could let me know where I can find it, I would appreciate it.

Thank you!

I think a lot depends on what you want to see. I always felt Animal Kingdom is a shorter day, but you could also happily spend a day there seeing all the shows,the parade and the attractions. We spent less than 3 hours there and our group made our way through 6 attractions, 1 show and 2 meet and greets. We have been there though and just wanted to hit our favorites.

Just a warning, you would have to work out something with GKTW though as the orientation is where they give out your tickets, your line assistance card and the GKTW "magic" button. I do know they often have an orientation in the afternoon which may be about when you arrive with a 10:15 arrival. Check out is at 11 so I don't think our villa was ready until after 1. You could then spend the afternoon/evening at a park. Check your arrival day against park hours too as AK usually closes earlier than other parks.

One of the Universal Days could be shorter if you are not interested in the attractions for adult riders It does take a long time to get in and out of those parks. I would also say Sea World could be shorter day, if you are not interested in all the shows or rides. You can see why I say a lot depends on what you want to see. :lmao: I think with little ones MK is always a full day just because it takes a while to make your way through the attractions, parades, fireworks, etc.

As for crowd predictors, I have used TourGuideMike.com in the past. I have found him to be good as he takes into account all the special events, extra magic hours and other factors. We have used him on two trips. I think one of the forums has a link with a dis discount. He used to sponsor one of the forums, not sure if he still does. You will benefit from the button, but it always helps to minimize the crowd. One of the reasons we did so well at AK was we were there late in the day.

Happy Planning! You are going to love GKTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter