Make a Wish (and other organizations) ~ Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume FOUR!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sea World does have a seasonal Sesame Show. Super Grover no longer appears, but Grover does. If you send me a pm with your dates, I might be able to help you a little more.

can you see if its playing september 12-18. Also i know someone kinda answered me but is the not so scarey halloween included on the gktw ticket or do i have to purchase separatley.

can you see if its playing september 12-18. Also i know someone kinda answered me but is the not so scarey halloween included on the gktw ticket or do i have to purchase separatley.

You have to purchase it separately (though some families have found that their wish foundation purchased the tickets for them).

:woohoo: Getting nervous...just 6 days till the BIG reveal.....ANy suggestions as towhat she should wear to the Princess tea party?!? Last minute of course because we were afraid to plan after the last fiasco!

I hope these 6 days fly by for you all! I can't wait to hear all about it!

I was at a store after our trip with Lauren - her GAC card was folded in my lanyard that was hanging around my neck with all of my money in it (and keys, tickets, etc, etc) and someone in line saw the GAC. He offered me a large amount of money for it. And it was not even a wish trip GAC. It was a regular one...I say that just to sort of explain why Disney is doing that with old GAC's - people are buying them and selling them on the black market. It makes me SICK to think that there are people out there pretending to be wish families or pretending to need a regular GAC either - but someone is buying these from them, or they would not be trying so hard to buy them.

Of course, I told that guy to shove it. I was so mad! :headache::headache::headache::headache:

WOW! There are no words... :mad:

I have a few questions about GAC.

When we had gone to WDW 5 years ago, we did get a GAC for Katelyn. We had no problems with it at all. Worked like a charm!! ;) Did I see that GTKTW issues us a special GAC or did I misunderstand that. And does it have "special powers" :lmao: that a regular GAC doesn't?!?!?! Just trying to get my ducks in a row here!! :donald::donald::donald::donald::donald: :rotfl2:

I have a few questions about GAC.

When we had gone to WDW 5 years ago, we did get a GAC for Katelyn. We had no problems with it at all. Worked like a charm!! ;) Did I see that GTKTW issues us a special GAC or did I misunderstand that. And does it have "special powers" :lmao: that a regular GAC doesn't?!?!?! Just trying to get my ducks in a row here!! :donald::donald::donald::donald::donald: :rotfl2:

I sent you a PM...this depends on what type of stamp you have had in the past...but we can't discuss regular GAC stamp types on here...so I sent you a PM. :)

What is this exactly? How long is it? Kids are part of this? Is it mandatory? Just wondering what the story is with it. I heard somebody (not here) kind of complaining about it.

What is this exactly? How long is it? Kids are part of this? Is it mandatory? Just wondering what the story is with it. I heard somebody (not here) kind of complaining about it.

It's long!! No kids, one mom had her dd with her and they asked her if she could find someone to watch her. They tell you everything that you would need to know! I didn't learn anything new because I learn a lot from here, but it helps you know what everything is. My dh took the girls playing around GKTW

Okay..so I have put together a preliminary outline of our trip. The only thing missing is Wishes, but we have seen it before, although I LOVE :love: it!!

Sat. We arrive @ 11:10 am so we have the whole day to play at the village. While I attend orientation, I thought my DD & DH could check out the village.

Sun. We will hit MK...we have ressies at BBB at the castle & then we will attend MNSSHP. I am sure there will be a break where we head to our room for a little R&R.

Mon. Maybe Epcot & then Illuminations

Tuesday Seaworld & ressies for Chef Mickey's

Wed. Universal Studios & maybe Village Idol

Thursday maybe HS & AK....although the crowd charts say to stay away from HS because of Fantasmic, although we won't be staying for it. Santa at GKTW

Fri our flight leaves at 4:40 :sad2: so we will play around at the village until we have to head for the airport.

Any advice on the itinerary??? It is still pretty flexible ....just putting something on paper!! ;)

Okay..so I have put together a preliminary outline of our trip. The only thing missing is Wishes, but we have seen it before, although I LOVE :love: it!!

Sat. We arrive @ 11:10 am so we have the whole day to play at the village. While I attend orientation, I thought my DD & DH could check out the village.

Sun. We will hit MK...we have ressies at BBB at the castle & then we will attend MNSSHP. I am sure there will be a break where we head to our room for a little R&R.

We did almost exactly this...going to MK, Lauren ate at the castle and did BBB...and then we went to MNSSHP.

The part that makes me a little nervous for you is this...that is a really long day. Getting to the MK by car is sort of a long process...you gotta drive there (about 25 min), then park at the TTC and catch a monorail or boat to get to the front entrance of the MK. In total, it probably takes about an hour to get there and about an hour to get back. So I worry that you guys won't really be able to return to GKTW to really chill, because it will take so long to get back and forth.

Of course, you guys are probably doing this for the same reason we did...because it will be so cool for her to still be dressed up for the party - and that is true! That will be fun.

I guess I would just encourage you to carve out some time when you guys can rest at the Wish Lounge. It is possible for your kids (and you) to really relax and watch a movie or something - but you will definitely want to take a pretty long break in the afternoon and cool off and rest.

How long do you plan to stay at MNSSHP? We had plan to only stay till 10 PM, but we were having so much fun that we stayed till after midnight.

This was our biggest error of our trip, I think. Lauren got so tired and she never bounced back. She spent most of one night in the hospital. I think this was because she just did too much that first day. Anyway...Lauren is pretty frail and can't really stay out long...so that day was way to long for her...but your kids may do just fine!!

I think I would just go ahead and plan to stay at the MK all day, though. You will kill 2-3 hours going back and forth to GKTW from the MK in travel time alone if you go there twice in one day.

Are they having MNSSHP on this Tuesday night? If so...it may be cool to do the MK all day on Monday and then go to Sea World for half a day and then MNSSHP. She can still wear her costume...and the stuff they put in their hair - they will give some to you if you ask and you can pretty easily just leave it up and touch it up...I have heard that it can stay that way for days.

You might have to move Chef Mickey's, though?? Maybe you could do Chef Mickey's on your MK day and do Sea World/MNSSHP together? Then you will get 4 Disney days??

But...this will also be a really long day...especially if you want to see a lot of the Sea World shows.... so maybe that won't work either??

Thursday maybe HS & AK....although the crowd charts say to stay away from HS because of Fantasmic, although we won't be staying for it. Santa at GKTW

You will definitely want a plan for Thursday so that you can get back to GKTW on Thurs night in time to see Santa. :santa: This is another long day....

Fri our flight leaves at 4:40 :sad2: so we will play around at the village until we have to head for the airport.

Any advice on the itinerary??? It is still pretty flexible ....just putting something on paper!! ;)

Gosh! It is so hard to plan a wish trip!!!! Sooooooo much to do!!

Do this for me...(and you can PM me if you prefer, but I think it would be cool to do it here, if you want)...

Rank the things that your family wants to do in a post...1st, 2nd, 3rd...and maybe even what your must do's are for the parks...

I just think it is going to be a really long week if you try to do all of that...?? It makes me tired just thinking about it. :faint:

How resilient is your family? Are they able to go from morning to night for that many days? I do know of wish families that have certainly done this and had a great time! ???

How to plan...how to plan...... :surfweb::surfweb::surfweb:

Have you considered Sea World on the weekend? They will be having their Halloween Spooktacular with trick or treating and lots of characters in the park. Unlike WDW SW Halloween is included in regular admission.

Have you considered Sea World on the weekend? They will be having their Halloween Spooktacular with trick or treating and lots of characters in the park. Unlike WDW SW Halloween is included in regular admission.

We arrive at GKTW on Saturday & I just think we are going to be too tired to plan much on Saturday. (my husband hates to fly...he will need recoup time :rotfl2:) And Sunday is our only chance for MNSSHP so I think we will probably miss Sea World's activities!! :sad2:

This whole process is CRAZY!!! :laughing: There is so much to do!! I think we need a month....we will call it a holiday!! Think Dream Factory will go along with that?!?!?!? :rotfl:

maroo...I will get the list of must do's to you later today!! Thanks for all of your help!!!

It's long!! No kids, one mom had her dd with her and they asked her if she could find someone to watch her. They tell you everything that you would need to know! I didn't learn anything new because I learn a lot from here, but it helps you know what everything is. My dh took the girls playing around GKTW

Well that kind of stinks. Why would they make long? I guess they have set times for it? I don't know our arrival times or anything but the plan is an afternoon flight. I'll be honest...if I have to spend our first full day sitting in a room and not with my daughter (and rest of family) enjoying her trip I'm really not going to be happy.

No kids...that stinks too. I have a baby who will be 10 months old who is still breastfeeding. I guess my husband will have to go sit through this thing.

I'm glad we extended our trip because it sounds like we wouldn't have been able to use all the passes they are giving. It sounds like our arrival day is shot and if we have to do orientation the next day that day won't be a full day either.

Well that kind of stinks. Why would they make long? I guess they have set times for it? I don't know our arrival times or anything but the plan is an afternoon flight. I'll be honest...if I have to spend our first full day sitting in a room and not with my daughter (and rest of family) enjoying her trip I'm really not going to be happy.

No kids...that stinks too. I have a baby who will be 10 months old who is still breastfeeding. I guess my husband will have to go sit through this thing.

I'm glad we extended our trip because it sounds like we wouldn't have been able to use all the passes they are giving. It sounds like our arrival day is shot and if we have to do orientation the next day that day won't be a full day either.

The orientation is kind of a big part of the Wish trip, which is why it is so important. That is the time tickets are given out and questions answered. Not everyone has access to these boards. And even those that do read the boards, not everything can be posted. So that info is given at orientation.:thumbsup2

Woo Hoo! Got our dates! We will fly there Sun Oct 9th and come home Saturday October 15th. The itinerary will come in the mail, but I am told they got us good flights! Can't wait to see! We will be there on dd's birthday which is the 10th and she is so excited and so am I. Can't wait!

The orientation is kind of a big part of the Wish trip, which is why it is so important. That is the time tickets are given out and questions answered. Not everyone has access to these boards. And even those that do read the boards, not everything can be posted. So that info is given at orientation.:thumbsup2

:thumbsup2 Exactly. It is long (a little over an hour). I gave gentle feedback and they called me for more input after our trip and to know the exact time of my orientation. They are really trying to find the best way to get as much information to everyone walking in their doors. You also have to take into account the number of basic questions that are asked. I was really surprised by the number of families that really knew very little about Disney, the other parks, the area. There were also a number of International families our week. We are regular Disney goers and I learned so much from this board. Almost anyone on this thread will know most of the information, but it is also as the pp mentioned when they give you your tickets, expain how meals work, answer questions. I did enjoy meeting some of the other families that were going to be there our week. We ran into some of them all week so that was fun. DH and the kids explored the village so it worked out fine for our family.

Woo Hoo! Got our dates! We will fly there Sun Oct 9th and come home Saturday October 15th. The itinerary will come in the mail, but I am told they got us good flights! Can't wait to see! We will be there on dd's birthday which is the 10th and she is so excited and so am I. Can't wait!

:cheer2: Congrats on your dates! How fun that you will be there on her birthday! Birthdays are fun at Disney. Make sure the cm's can tell she is a birthday girl. I made a shirt for my ds and the entire staff and patronage at Cosmic Rays sang to him! Also make sure you tell them at GKTW. They do a couple special things.

I hope our flights will be very early in the morning. With the time difference most flights around 10 am don't get in until after 2 or 3. I would like to get orientation done the first day there.

If the times are the same, they usually have one at 9 AM each morning (for those who get in late and need to do it in the morning before they go to the parks) and they usually have one around 7 in the evening. Sometimes they have an afternoon orientation, too - but that depends on the number of people that have checked in that day.

Very few people are on this thread when compared to the number of families that actually go to GKTW - so I understand why they would not have a special orientation for our little group. :upsidedow But I do wish they would give the highlights and then allow families to leave that don't have any questions - that way they can get back to their families and those that have the questions can get them answered and not worry that they are holding anyone else up and such.

There is a cool bit of history given at the orientation that we don't talk about much on here that was fascinating - so there will be some things that even those of us that are here often won't know. :goodvibes

Some families have sent the spouse that is NOT on the DIS so that they can be aware of all of the things that you already know - so everyone is on the same page. Then you wouldn't have to be away from your kids very long and your spouse would get the info.

As far as having too many tickets for the days you are there...that is definitely true! We had to plan to skip some things because we simply didn't have time to fit it all in...we decided Lauren could not really do as much at Universal and planned to skip AK during our trip. It is pretty hard to hit every park in just 5 full days without just doing the highlights.

International guests do get 6 full days, so that is the reason there are 6 full days worth of tickets.

I do think there can be a real problem for single parents that are going with no other adult...I think those parents that have the info from the DIS can usually get a private orientation that can be quicker, if you already have all of the information.

Even returning families go through the orientation because they are always adding magical things at GKTW! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter