Make a Wish (and other organizations) ~ Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume FOUR!

Status
Not open for further replies.
feel better maroo! guys getting way excited! ari's make a wish trip is 19 days away!!!! how hard is it to get ari into the jedi training? anyone here do it with their kids?

Thank you all so much for the well wishes!

I am feeling better today! They gave me IV Toradol yesterday and the anti-inflammatory did wonders! Now I am on the oral version and I am feeling fairly good. It doesn't do as well when I sing (so church tonight was not quite as cool as usual) or when I lie down (which means I am getting a bit less sleep than usual)...but I am doing well! And MUCH better than the alternative!

Speaking of G-forces and rides...does anyone know of an accurate place to get info on g-forces for rides at all of the Disney Parks, Sea World and Universal. Sadly, because of her heart, my little Dare Devil must avoid rides with strong G-forces and I would love to begin planning what she and I will avoid. If she can't ride, neither will I...

I am so glad you guys are ok!!!

You can totally read my "security" story...it is just kinda long and doesn't make sense if you don't know "the characters"...but it is all in the TR I am writing with All7ofUs...It should be linked below....if I have it going to the right thread....:rolleyes1

I will see if I can find a place to link it here...

feel better maroo! guys getting way excited! ari's make a wish trip is 19 days away!!!! how hard is it to get ari into the jedi training? anyone here do it with their kids?

It shouldn't be hard as a wish family...

Go there first thing in the morning and "sign up" your kids that want to participate and if they say they are full, then find a CM and see if they can fit a wish child in...I am sure someone can help you!

If that doesn't work, go to Guest Services and see if they can work some magic!

But the earlier you go the better!!

WAIT...is it during a Star Wars Weekend???? If so...really, get there early! If it is something you really want him to do, plan to be there early and know where to go when they open the doors so you can get in line...I wouldn't try to wait till later in the morning, because then there really may not be a spot...

Speaking of G-forces and rides...does anyone know of an accurate place to get info on g-forces for rides at all of the Disney Parks, Sea World and Universal. Sadly, because of her heart, my little Dare Devil must avoid rides with strong G-forces and I would love to begin planning what she and I will avoid. If she can't ride, neither will I...
This is a link to a past thread about G forces (with discussion about heart disease).
There is a link to this in post 3 of the disABILITIES FAQs thread - I had to hunt for it a bit and I am the one who put it there, so I may move it to be a little more prominent. Right now, it is under Heart conditions in the Conditions and Concerns part.

I am feeling better today! They gave me IV Toradol yesterday and the anti-inflammatory did wonders! Now I am on the oral version and I am feeling fairly good. It doesn't do as well when I sing (so church tonight was not quite as cool as usual) or when I lie down (which means I am getting a bit less sleep than usual)...but I am doing well! And MUCH better than the alternative!

I am so glad you guys are ok!!!

You can totally read my "security" story...it is just kinda long and doesn't make sense if you don't know "the characters"...but it is all in the TR I am writing with All7ofUs...It should be linked below....if I have it going to the right thread....:rolleyes1

I will see if I can find a place to link it here...
Hope you feel better soon.
Have not had pleurisy, but know it is painful from my nursing studies.:grouphug:

I'm so glad to hear you are okay too! After reading that you got sent to the ER, MY heart skipped a beat!

As for us, guess what I started doing tonight -- PACKING!!! I'll go into more details on our PTR, but I took the plunge :)

Question for everyone: Do you know if we need a carseat for the limo ride to the airport?

Wishing Everyone no matter what you are celebrating a Happy Holiday...Headed down to the Island for a break with the family...They are my source of strength and I am needing a refill...Eva is still somewhat sick and we found the start of pressure sores on her spine!!! So I am pulling AJ out of school early and getting away! MOMMY NEEDS BACK UP>>>Grandma and Grandpa do the trick for Eve's

I'm so glad to hear you are okay too! After reading that you got sent to the ER, MY heart skipped a beat!

As for us, guess what I started doing tonight -- PACKING!!! I'll go into more details on our PTR, but I took the plunge :)

Question for everyone: Do you know if we need a carseat for the limo ride to the airport?

I was thinking the same thing about the carseat!!!!

I think someone needs to retrain the customer service people at Airtran. I emailed them yesterday to ask if they waived baggage fees for MAW families and they emailed me and said no. I then emailed our wish manager and she said yes, they do waive for MAW. I will be printing out the email and bringing it with us!

I think someone needs to retrain the customer service people at Airtran. I emailed them yesterday to ask if they waived baggage fees for MAW families and they emailed me and said no. I then emailed our wish manager and she said yes, they do waive for MAW. I will be printing out the email and bringing it with us!

I know 3 wish families that flew with Air Tran and they did waive the fee.

Like Mary stated..get there early. We didn't get into DHS until 11:30 and there was only 1 spot open, but since you are going during Star wars weekend...I'm sure every spot will be taken early. What I was going to do was call them up and ask if they could put my son on the list for that day we wanted to go. I ended up not calling. It wouldn't hurt to call and ask. All they can say is no...we can't do that. Just make sure you say MAW trip.

Are the 2day Universal/IOA tickets hoppers? We don't want to go 2 days, but want to do rides at both. :)

We spent one full day at each park but I am pretty sure we were told they were park hoppers at orientation. I think you will have a great day there...they were so amazing to us as a wish family. Hope that helps!

We spent one full day at each park but I am pretty sure we were told they were park hoppers at orientation. I think you will have a great day there...they were so amazing to us as a wish family. Hope that helps!

Thanks! I'm reading your TR now. :) Trace will love to meet the Simpsons!!:yay:

This is a link to a past thread about G forces (with discussion about heart disease).
There is a link to this in post 3 of the disABILITIES FAQs thread - I had to hunt for it a bit and I am the one who put it there, so I may move it to be a little more prominent. Right now, it is under Heart conditions in the Conditions and Concerns part.

Thanks Sue, I actually HAD read this a LONG time ago when we were first researching Lisa's MAW trip. I am hoping for a place that gives the actual G-Forces. I know each circumstance is different; however, based on working closely with her cardiologists, they have given me some guidance in this matter. Of course, if there is ANY question at all, we will skip the ride. I appreciate the time you took to post this link for me!! :goodvibes:goodvibes

Another question....

How do we approach Forbidden Journey Harry Potter ride at IOA? Do the MAW kids get to skip the line there?

Universal is amazing with Wish Kids! When we first got there we were going into the fast pass line with our passes... then we were told to show them to the person at the front of any ride. They will have someone meet you at the exit to a ride and take you immediately on! It was unbelievable!!

Another question....

How do we approach Forbidden Journey Harry Potter ride at IOA? Do the MAW kids get to skip the line there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter