Make a Wish (and other organizations) ~ Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume FOUR!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staying on site at a Disney resort or at GKTW?? What do ya'll think? We'll be there during the holidays (hopefully). Also.. how long prior to your trip did you get dates? Owen's trip has to wait until early December (we put in requests for the first week) because he has a busy summer of cardiac testing and open heart surgery in August.

Thanks for the advice!
:confused3

I would vote hands down for GKTW...I think I had read on your PTR that you were also extending your stay at one of the Disney resorts so really you will get to do both if you choose it sounds like. :cool1::cool1:

Like others have said GKTW is a once in a lifetime experience (much to my kids dismay) and an awesome one at that! I have started a TR (link in my siggie) and we spent so much time at GKTW during our trip because that is where the kids wanted to be so there are pictures of what we did. Words really can't describe what a great time we had there.

No matter what you choose I am sure Owen will have a great trip!

We are flying with Delta for our trip. Does anyone know the ins and outs of luggage stuff? I know medical stuff can be carried on, additional to your regular carry on items with no extra fees. Do checked bags that are medical supplies also charged or are the fees waved? We now have to bring Peanuts formula with us as the supplier in the US can't get the kind we use. :confused3 Now this will end up being an entire extra bag being checked because we can't carry on that much formula, with all of her other supplies we need to carry on (meds, supplies, feeding pump, etc etc). The checked bag of formula would ONLY be medical stuff - for formula and perhaps any extra medical supplies that would be too much in our carry on med bag. I'm just not getting a straight answer on the Delta website.

Also, it mentions doing baggage check online. I just logged on to our account (we have e-tickets), and I can't find anywhere you can do this. Does it only pop up when you are within the 24 hour window? Because I also don't see where you can do the online check in either.

We got all of our stuff today, so i'm just looking around the website trying to get everything all organized.

2 weeks TODAY!!! :yay:

We are flying with Delta for our trip. Does anyone know the ins and outs of luggage stuff? I know medical stuff can be carried on, additional to your regular carry on items with no extra fees. Do checked bags that are medical supplies also charged or are the fees waved? We now have to bring Peanuts formula with us as the supplier in the US can't get the kind we use. :confused3 Now this will end up being an entire extra bag being checked because we can't carry on that much formula, with all of her other supplies we need to carry on (meds, supplies, feeding pump, etc etc). The checked bag of formula would ONLY be medical stuff - for formula and perhaps any extra medical supplies that would be too much in our carry on med bag. I'm just not getting a straight answer on the Delta website.

Also, it mentions doing baggage check online. I just logged on to our account (we have e-tickets), and I can't find anywhere you can do this. Does it only pop up when you are within the 24 hour window? Because I also don't see where you can do the online check in either.

We got all of our stuff today, so i'm just looking around the website trying to get everything all organized.

2 weeks TODAY!!! :yay:

We flew with Delta and all medical has to be carry on without being charged. We had 2 carry ons with just medical stuff. One suit case had 45 formula boxes, 12 Pedialiyte, and 12 gerber prune juices and the other had feeding bags, extensions, meds, cooling vest, feeding back packs, ects... That being said... because of our flight being so full they checked our carry on for free. Both going and coming home.
You can only pay for checked bags 24 hours before a flight is set to take off. We also printed off our plane tickets the same time. It saved us from standing in line. We just went straight to security. Any other question please ask away.

Staying on site at a Disney resort or at GKTW?? What do ya'll think? We'll be there during the holidays (hopefully). Also.. how long prior to your trip did you get dates? Owen's trip has to wait until early December (we put in requests for the first week) because he has a busy summer of cardiac testing and open heart surgery in August.

Thanks for the advice!
:confused3

GKTW...No questions...hands down.

Wow I am so glad you and your friends are all safe. That must have been terrifying!!!

It has been an exciting day in the world of maroo! :)

No injuries that I know of from this tornado...but we had a pretty crazy morning!

photo-96.jpg

This picture above was taken by one of my friends!

And this one below was taken by me from my office!

photo-97.jpg

It was a day full of bad weather and it isn't even over yet!

There is so much damage that they are not dropping the kids off at their homes because they have so much destruction. :mad:

Here is a video taken from the same tornado...

VIDEO of the Jackson, MS area tornado from today (4/15/2011)

We flew with Delta and all medical has to be carry on without being charged. We had 2 carry ons with just medical stuff. One suit case had 45 formula boxes, 12 Pedialiyte, and 12 gerber prune juices and the other had feeding bags, extensions, meds, cooling vest, feeding back packs, ects... That being said... because of our flight being so full they checked our carry on for free. Both going and coming home.
You can only pay for checked bags 24 hours before a flight is set to take off. We also printed off our plane tickets the same time. It saved us from standing in line. We just went straight to security. Any other question please ask away.

But if we check a bag (not a carry on) containing med supplies, would we be charged regular baggage fees? Its 23$ if paid in advance I think. Our formula is in almost 1 litre cans, so they are big and heavy, and we need a lot of them, plus Pedialyte. We have feeding bags, extentions, syringes, all of her meds, tape, gauze, etc etc. Everything except the formula and pedialyte I was going to pack in a carry on (well 1 can of formula, and one container of pedialyte), the rest I was going to check (the rest of the formula - which is the bulk and the pedialyte), but I don't know if thats also free (like taking it as a carry on), or if we are charged a regular baggage fee.

Car seats, we are bringing our own. Those are free to check, right? Do they supply the bags for them to go in?

ETA: I just re-read what you posted, ALL medical stuff MUST be carried on? Is this a rule, or what you guys wanted. Is there a weight limit on carry ons? There is no way we would be able to carry on ALL of her medical stuff, at least I don't think. I mean, it would be like 3 bags of stuff, at least. Hmmm...

But if we check a bag (not a carry on) containing med supplies, would we be charged regular baggage fees? Its 23$ if paid in advance I think. Our formula is in almost 1 litre cans, so they are big and heavy, and we need a lot of them, plus Pedialyte. We have feeding bags, extentions, syringes, all of her meds, tape, gauze, etc etc. Everything except the formula and pedialyte I was going to pack in a carry on (well 1 can of formula, and one container of pedialyte), the rest I was going to check (the rest of the formula - which is the bulk and the pedialyte), but I don't know if thats also free (like taking it as a carry on), or if we are charged a regular baggage fee.

Car seats, we are bringing our own. Those are free to check, right? Do they supply the bags for them to go in?

ETA: I just re-read what you posted, ALL medical stuff MUST be carried on? Is this a rule, or what you guys wanted. Is there a weight limit on carry ons? There is no way we would be able to carry on ALL of her medical stuff, at least I don't think. I mean, it would be like 3 bags of stuff, at least. Hmmm...

From what I've read here, medical stuff isn't charged but you should check on that.... One rule of thumb is carry on any med stuff that you can't afford to lose if your luggage is lost.

From what I've read here, medical stuff isn't charged but you should check on that.... One rule of thumb is carry on any med stuff that you can't afford to lose if your luggage is lost.

I know, all of her meds and supplies will be in our medical bag carry on, but its the formula i'm the most concerned about. I'll have 2 cans in the one bag, its the rest i'm worried about. Can we have multiple med carry on bags? Is there a weight limit?

We were told you can have as many medical supplies carry on as you need without a charge. I was told that if you want to check in your medical supplies..they will charge you. I called the Delta lines a few times because I didn't want to lug all the formula. Their is no weight limit.
They don't charge for carseat...at least I don't think so. We had Kylee's SN stroller and they took at while we were walking in the airplane and it was out when we got off.

We were told you can have as many medical supplies carry on as you need without a charge. I was told that if you want to check in your medical supplies..they will charge you. I called the Delta lines a few times because I didn't want to lug all the formula. Their is no weight limit.
They don't charge for carseat...at least I don't think so. We had Kylee's SN stroller and they took at while we were walking in the airplane and it was out when we got off.

Thank you. I called Delta this morning, and they were less then helpful. The woman said shes never heard of anyone needing more then one bag of medical stuff. :rolleyes1 And then she began to question what specifically was medical supplies. I was saying we needed to bring Peanuts medical supplies like her feeding pump, her formula, all her meds, syringes, tapes, extensions, feeding bags, blah blah blah and shes like - "thats not medical supplies". Huh? Then what IS medical supplies. Oiy. At first she told me we couldn't bring anyting ON the flight that we didn't need while on it. So the ONLY formula and the ONLY meds we could bring on board would be what she required for the flight. Then she said we needed to call the TSA for more specific information. She was less then helpful and very rude. I called TSA and of course, they only take calls Monday-Friday. :rolleyes1 So i'll call Monday. But I appreciate your post and hope that we have no issues either.

I would much rather have all her formula on board, just in case anything happened to our luggage. At first the woman said all of her formula had to be checked. I asked what were to happen should the luggage get lost, because she is 100% dependant nutritionally on the formula. She basically said it would be our problem. Nice.

Hopefully we can get some clear, solid answers on Monday. :upsidedow

Thank you. I called Delta this morning, and they were less then helpful. The woman said shes never heard of anyone needing more then one bag of medical stuff. :rolleyes1 And then she began to question what specifically was medical supplies. I was saying we needed to bring Peanuts medical supplies like her feeding pump, her formula, all her meds, syringes, tapes, extensions, feeding bags, blah blah blah and shes like - "thats not medical supplies". Huh? Then what IS medical supplies. Oiy. At first she told me we couldn't bring anyting ON the flight that we didn't need while on it. So the ONLY formula and the ONLY meds we could bring on board would be what she required for the flight. Then she said we needed to call the TSA for more specific information. She was less then helpful and very rude. I called TSA and of course, they only take calls Monday-Friday. :rolleyes1 So i'll call Monday. But I appreciate your post and hope that we have no issues either.

I would much rather have all her formula on board, just in case anything happened to our luggage. At first the woman said all of her formula had to be checked. I asked what were to happen should the luggage get lost, because she is 100% dependant nutritionally on the formula. She basically said it would be our problem. Nice.

So glad I was not on that phone...I would have asked to talk to her supervisor!! Did you drop the Make a wish card too? I cant believe the answer that you got!! :headache::mad:

I would say ship it there but you are in Canada and that is PRICEY!!! I am shipping ours down but it is only costing me $11. I am guessing that her formula is liquid?

So glad I was not on that phone...I would have asked to talk to her supervisor!! Did you drop the Make a wish card too? I cant believe the answer that you got!! :headache::mad:

I would say ship it there but you are in Canada and that is PRICEY!!! I am shipping ours down but it is only costing me $11. I am guessing that her formula is liquid?

Her formula is liquid, yes. They were going to order it and have it sent to GKTW, but the American supplier can't get our formula. :confused3 So we now have to transport it all. We'll need about 15 cans to be safe, and the cans are about 950mls each.

I did say that our daughter was on her Wish trip, because she didn't seem to understand the need for so much medical stuff - which really it should be none of her concern. I'm not really sure why it matters how much medicin, formula, etc we need.

I was definitely frustrated by the way she handled it all. She certainly needs a lesson in how she speaks to people.

Me too, I'm so mad just reading it!!!:mad:.. And it's a saturday I would been so mad and that they are not in til' monday..I would wanted to talk to her boss.

Her formula is liquid, yes. They were going to order it and have it sent to GKTW, but the American supplier can't get our formula. :confused3 So we now have to transport it all. We'll need about 15 cans to be safe, and the cans are about 950mls each.

I did say that our daughter was on her Wish trip, because she didn't seem to understand the need for so much medical stuff - which really it should be none of her concern. I'm not really sure why it matters how much medicin, formula, etc we need.

I was definitely frustrated by the way she handled it all. She certainly needs a lesson in how she speaks to people.

I don't know why some people act like that!! I've had few times someone said something to me about january. It makes me so mad, but I don't like to say anything back because I don't speak like that. They don't know everything about my child and yes most of the time you can't tell she sick. I don't know if it's just me, but sometimes I don't like to have to break everything down about my child whole history for them understand. I know you will great info on monday.

Quick question about Photobucket.. Is their a easy way to resize you pictures.? It get very old going to every picture and resize them

I know, all of her meds and supplies will be in our medical bag carry on, but its the formula i'm the most concerned about.
Looks like our trips will be crossing, and we will be there at the same time for a few days! :)

We have the same issue as you. We are bringing a days worth of formula with us on the trip and having Hannah's medical supply company (Apria) send the rest to GKTW. I talked to GKTW, and they said they receive medical supplies for guests all of the time. Perhaps that is something you can send ahead to them?

ETA: Sorry, didn't finish reading this thread before I responded. Hope it works out!

hey guys just wanted to know if anyone knows were i can get rosie and ari lanyards before we leave - i have looked at a few shops here and i have been going nuts trying to find them -any ideas
also strange request- i wanted to try and make autograph books for the kids but every time i try, i get to overwhelmed and its so hard to do it when ari is around if i leave him for a second all hell breaks loose!! he doesnt understand danger and he needs to have someone with him at all times for safety . anyways i was hoping to get some help form my fellows here on the thread if anyone is able to help me out with this. or knows someone who can i would be so grateful.

You can get lanyards at Party City for a couple of dollars and as far as the autograph books you can go to the DIS-igners boards and copy the ones that are there or just buy them from Walmart on the way to GKTW Disnet store also has them starting from $8

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter