Make a Wish (and other organizations) ~ Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume FOUR!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spent the day trying to perfect this.....now maybe I can get this on shirts without messing them up!!! It looks much nicer when it is printed out!

seaworld_logo-1.gif

Hi everyone!! My name is Carrie & we are in the process of planning my daughter's dream trip to WDW, granted by the Dream Factory!! We are so excited. We don't currently have a date set, but are hoping for the first week in October. Any advice or input is greatly appreciated!! My daughter is 10 & has Spina Bifida, her name is Katelyn. My husband's name is Chris.

Thanks in advance for any help!! Look forward to getting to know a few of you WISH families!! :0)

Hi everyone!! My name is Carrie & we are in the process of planning my daughter's dream trip to WDW, granted by the Dream Factory!! We are so excited. We don't currently have a date set, but are hoping for the first week in October. Any advice or input is greatly appreciated!! My daughter is 10 & has Spina Bifida. My husband's name is Chris.

Thanks in advance for any help!! Look forward to getting to know a few of you WISH families!! :0)

Welcome!! :welcome: I am unfamiliar with the Dream Factory would you stay at Give Kids the World? Look on the first page of this thread in the second post for tips on startinf the pre trip report. I look foward to hearing about your family and hope you hear really soon!!

Welcome-MickeyApprentice.gif

YAY for her getting a wish!! Looking forward to getting to know you and your family. Welcome to the disBoards!:woohoo:

Spent the day trying to perfect this.....now maybe I can get this on shirts without messing them up!!! It looks much nicer when it is printed out!

seaworld_logo-1.gif

absolutely stunning!! love it - let me know how it comes out on t-shirts.
was looking around if anyone has a disign on thing one and thing two.i tried to make a shirt myself for ari and it busted i have no clue what happened i did the iron on transfer on a red shirt - tried to get my own thing one but when it transferred the white in the middle was not there - so its just a black circle outline!! guess thats going in the pajamas drawer, lol any tips.
also looking for a unique design to try and iron on saying wish trip.2011 and the countdown continues!!!!

Welcome!! :welcome: I am unfamiliar with the Dream Factory would you stay at Give Kids the World? Look on the first page of this thread in the second post for tips on startinf the pre trip report. I look foward to hearing about your family and hope you hear really soon!!

We will be staying at GTKTW!! And we are VERY excited about that too!! :cool1: Dream Factory is basically for kids that have a chronic condition that may not be life threatening. I had applied for MAW, but one of our docs wouldn't approve it! The happiest rejection I have ever gotten!! ;)

Thanks so much for the welcomes!! We are sooo excited!!

]

absolutely stunning!! love it - let me know how it comes out on t-shirts.
was looking around if anyone has a disign on thing one and thing two.i tried to make a shirt myself for ari and it busted i have no clue what happened i did the iron on transfer on a red shirt - tried to get my own thing one but when it transferred the white in the middle was not there - so its just a black circle outline!! guess thats going in the pajamas drawer, lol any tips.
also looking for a unique design to try and iron on saying wish trip.2011 and the countdown continues!!!!

You need to look in the Creative DISigns find something you like and ask someone to customize it for you family....This design I got from Seaworld and then picnik'ed it to what I wanted...This is the new "one World " Theme that just came out. I love it!!

Those are super cool!!!!! I'd like one!! lol...even though Im all grown up, I LOVE things that are blinky and glowy!!!! Guess Im still just a kid at heart!;)
AHEM......:rolleyes: Aren't we all? ;):rolleyes1:lmao:

Sorry to say that they have been in all likelihood been destroyed.:sad2:
The rumor that they were not destroyed came from a comment from Disney that Mickey would “find a new home in MK”.

This is a blog (with video) of Mickey’s “new home” in MK in the Town Square Theater.
This is copied from post 1 of the Official Fantasyland Renovation Thread.

Where are Mickey and Minnie's Houses going?

Disney has not made an official announcement regarding M&M's summer homes, but all sources and video indicate that they have already been demolished.

Keep in mind, Mickey and Minnie live in Disneyland. The homes in WDW are their country cottages, so it's not as if they are losing their day to day houses. That should make your kids feel better (or you).

Ok...I am totally crying like a stupid baby. :sad:

We had SOOOOOOOO much fun and such a wonderful, memorable experience with Lucas and his family right there and I guess I just really didn't say "goodbye" to that sweet spot... :( I thought it would always be there, I suppose.

That is soooooo sad. :sad1::sad1::sad1::sad1:

All I can think of is this....

photo-7.jpg

and this...

photo-18.jpg

and I can't find all the pictures of them in Mickey and Minnie's house... :( But they are here somewhere.....

How freaking SAD!!!!!

:(

hi everyone i just wanted to come on and post something very important. a couple days ago i posted that i was hoping ari could be part of the big give but have not heard anything from them. what i was trying to say was that i was hoping one of the big givers would see that and ask ari to be a part of it. but what i should have wrote was that i tried to contact them and i received an email stating what exactly they do and that they choose whom to help . and that because of timing issues and because they too have their own family its impossible to help and include everyone.
i apologize if i hurt anyone in this process -that was never my intention
my intention is and was always to add magic to aris wish trip for ari and rosie. my kids are my life- and this trip is about celebrating aris life and his accomplishments and thats why i wanted them to be a part of the big give.
i understand that i hurt someone because it must be very hard for them not to be able to help everyone- because they would if they could. and for the ones that they can,they poor their heart and soul in to it and u can tell by the smiles in the wish kids faces when their big give packages arrive. they are amazing people, and i applaud them and i hope this will clear the air.

No worries!

It is so hard to "talk" to people on a message board sometimes...Most of communication involves hearing tones of voices and inflection and when we type things out on here it is so easy to either type something the wrong way or read it the wrong way...

Unfortunately misunderstandings happen about this a lot...I know the Big Give ladies really, really, really want to be able to do every single family they meet and they jsut can't...but that is not easy for those that can't participate.

And the ones that can are excited and want to share...so it is a little touchy...always had been, really. Don't worry at all...

Glad you cleared the air and I hope you feel much better now! :hug::hug:

I don't think you hurt anyone dearie. Don't think that! :hug: But I agree with what they said- it is hard to do everyone I am sure. I can only do maybe one a month if I even have the extra cash to do it then. I can completely understand wanting your kiddos to be a part of something so wonderful- it must be a great experience! But don't think anyone here cares any less for your kiddos as much as the ones who are picked- I don't personally pick any of the families chosen, but I know it must take them some time to find families and get all the info ready for the give. And then people have to sign up, make the items and mail them. So it really does take a lot of time and effort. I guess they choose who they can and do as much as possible for as many as possible, but sometimes it just isn't possible to do certain families. I hope you have a more than magical trip and find so much pixie dust at Disney that it truly makes up for not being chosen! :goodvibes

I dunno if I made any sense here, but I tried. :lmao:

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

i really am sorry. because i know one person has personally reached out to me and has shared that she was hurt -and im happy that she did because honesty is the best policy. i did not intend to hurt her.as i explained in my past post. and i have written a private message and i hope that she understood and heard my apology.
it has been eating me up all day and i have been on the verge of tears all day.and so i hope there are no hard feelings.
my son is getting a once in a lifetime wish so im gonna take a deep breath and pray that all is understood so that i can just gear up my two kids and hubbie and count down the days!

Totally!!! Gear up your two kiddos and count down the days, sister! :) You are going to have a great trip!!

Hi everyone!! My name is Carrie & we are in the process of planning my daughter's dream trip to WDW, granted by the Dream Factory!! We are so excited. We don't currently have a date set, but are hoping for the first week in October. Any advice or input is greatly appreciated!! My daughter is 10 & has Spina Bifida, her name is Katelyn. My husband's name is Chris.

:welcome: to the DIS!!!!

I worked at a camp for disabled children many years ago (as a high school student) and I always LOVED Spina Bifida week at camp! Those kids always seemed to have such great attitudes and really embrace life!

You guys are going to have a fantastic trip!

Welcome-MickeyApprentice.gif

YAY for her getting a wish!! Looking forward to getting to know you and your family. Welcome to the disBoards!:woohoo:

ok...LOVE the welcome icon!!!!! awesome job!

":welcome: to the DIS!!!!

I worked at a camp for disabled children many years ago (as a high school student) and I always LOVED Spina Bifida week at camp! Those kids always seemed to have such great attitudes and really embrace life!

You guys are going to have a fantastic trip!"

Thanks so much for the welcome!! My daughter is totally that way!! She embraces life & just soaks up everything around her. She seems to see the good in everyone! Don't get me wrong, she is a stubborn little thing...but that will get her far in life!! ;) She used to have a shirt that read..."Don't let the cute thing fool ya"...so true...so true!! ;)

No worries!

It is so hard to "talk" to people on a message board sometimes...Most of communication involves hearing tones of voices and inflection and when we type things out on here it is so easy to either type something the wrong way or read it the wrong way...

Unfortunately misunderstandings happen about this a lot...I know the Big Give ladies really, really, really want to be able to do every single family they meet and they jsut can't...but that is not easy for those that can't participate.

And the ones that can are excited and want to share...so it is a little touchy...always had been, really. Don't worry at all...

Glad you cleared the air and I hope you feel much better now! :hug::hug:

/QUOTE]

Perhaps it would help if there was a FAQ added to your links at the start of this thread. I have spoken with several of the Big Give organizers and they are in favor of this and have no problem typing something up. If the correct expectation is set at the start, maybe that would help to prevent hurt feelings on both sides.:)

We could also include information for families who have returned to be able to join us in helping with future gives. The more volunteers we have, the more gives we can do.:thumbsup2

We could also include information for families who have returned to be able to join us in helping with future gives. The more volunteers we have, the more gives we can do.:thumbsup2

Ethan, Abby, and I have already started raiding our Target store for future big gives!. I think it is also a fantastic lesson for the kids who receive big gives before the trip to pay it "give" to another family because they know how exciting the 'receiving' is! Also, it keeps the magic alive because for each big give my kids help participate in, it brings back all the fantastic memories of their MAW experience. :cloud9:

Ethan, Abby, and I have already started raiding our Target store for future big gives!. I think it is also a fantastic lesson for the kids who receive big gives before the trip to pay it "give" to another family because they know how exciting the 'receiving' is! Also, it keeps the magic alive because for each big give my kids help participate in, it brings back all the fantastic memories of their MAW experience. :cloud9:

Oh how sweet of you!!! What a wonderful way to keep the magic alive! Thank you so much!

YES!!! Please do. I've been seeing the photos from the Big Gives and seeing what joy and excitement they bring the children. We've always participated in the 'treasure box' at the hospital and I would just love (as well as Brooke as she loves to give 'pressies' to others) to be able to participate. Just don't know how or who to contact about it. Do we contact individual parents or is there a group you join and are assigned a family? So many questions, an FAQ and info on signing up would be VERY MUCH appreciated!! Thanks for the suggestion LivnDisney!:cheer2::cheer2::yay::yay::cheer2::cheer2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter