• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Make a Wish (and other organizations) ~ Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume FIVE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
my baby is so sute. we leave in 2 days and he says inn 2 days mommy I wont be cold anymore! but school sent a whole folder with homework. so excited.

Yay! :cheer2: Have a wonderful trip :)

Since it looks like my other four won't be able to participate in any way whatsoever in Ava's wish, I need suggestions for affordable places to stay. But, paying for a hotel will be a problem. If you have any suggestions please let me know. I want it to be close to GKTW, so we can still have family time.

I was going to say to check this DIS Orlando hotel forum http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=15
but I'd follow Sarah's suggestion first :)

My job may give me a hard time taking the time off since I've used some of the vacation time when Nate was sick recently. Did anyone get FMLA approved for their trip???

I did a thread search for you, but there's nothing mentioned about FMLA. I hope someone can help with your question, and praying your job doesn't give you a hard time.

We did ask about extending the trip so Holden could go to Disney World for a day or two .....however, they said no.

Sorry they weren't allowed to extend.

We are in the works for Emma's Wish party on the 9th at a local steak place! I can't wait. All is coming together:thumbsup2

Yay! :cheer2:

When we were at GKTW, there were several families taking 2 weeks, 1 for their wish trip & an extra week for vacation on their own dime, I wonder how they worked that out??:confused3

Some chapters allow extensions, but others don't.

Since it looks like my other four won't be able to participate in any way whatsoever in Ava's wish, I need suggestions for affordable places to stay. I'm a retired disabled veteran, so I can get a good military discount on the park tickets. But, paying for a hotel will be a problem. If you have any suggestions please let me know. I want it to be close to GKTW, so we can still have family time.

Kristy

Would a villa work for the rest of your family? I have rented one before on Seven Dwarfs lane, which is about 1 mile from GKTW - it had 4 bedrooms & 3 baths. I got it off VRBO and reviewed it on the Orlando board here on the dis.

Do you know what the price range is on them? We have seven kids so we already live on a tight budget. Having to buy park tickets for four of them is already going to be a miraculous feat, so we have to be very cheap on accommodations. Lol

Kristy

Do you know what the price range is on them? We have seven kids so we already live on a tight budget. Having to buy park tickets for four of them is already going to be a miraculous feat, so we have to be very cheap on accommodations. Lol

Kristy

I found this from a google search-
http://www.vrbo.com/238135ha

This one is a little smaller but offers a weekly rate
http://www.vrbo.com/140470ha

I am a little lost-Are you able to have a wish granted and not have the hotel included?

livndisney said:
I found this from a google search-
http://www.vrbo.com/238135ha

This one is a little smaller but offers a weekly rate
http://www.vrbo.com/140470ha

I am a little lost-Are you able to have a wish granted and not have the hotel included?

It's kind of confusing. My daughter was granted a wish which includes myself, my husband, and my three bio kids. My four step-children are on a 50/50 schedule. Since they don't live with us 100% MAW won't let them be included in the wish...even at our own expense.

help so stressed! sunday we leave and I cant seem to figure out what to bring and what not to. and how to plan we are leaving the six days so what should I leave out so we can make our plane any suggestions?

It's kind of confusing. My daughter was granted a wish which includes myself, my husband, and my three bio kids. My four step-children are on a 50/50 schedule. Since they don't live with us 100% MAW won't let them be included in the wish...even at our own expense.

So you are taking all the children and staying somewhere other than GKTW? I know you mentioned you wanted to be close to GKTW-but will the other children be allowed to partake in any of the events at the village? Or is the wish just park tickets for 5?

(not trying to be nosy just trying to figure out if I can help)

help so stressed! sunday we leave and I cant seem to figure out what to bring and what not to. and how to plan we are leaving the six days so what should I leave out so we can make our plane any suggestions?

Sunday is supposed to be chilly (by Florida standards) about 60. The next 7 days start cool (57) and should reach the low 80's.

livndisney said:
So you are taking all the children and staying somewhere other than GKTW? I know you mentioned you wanted to be close to GKTW-but will the other children be allowed to partake in any of the events at the village? Or is the wish just park tickets for 5?

(not trying to be nosy just trying to figure out if I can help)

No, they won't let us stay anywhere else. So, myself and my three will be at GKTW and my husband and his four will stay somewhere else. They would let my husband stay with us, but somebody has to take care of the kids! So they will provide tickets for 5 of us. It doesn't look like the four will be able to participate in anything at GKTW. If MAW would add them as non compensated participants, then GKTW would let them stay, eat, and do everything. I guess that's what I don't understand. Our MAW wouldn't be out any extra money by just adding them as non compensated. We would still pay for travel and tickets.

Kristy

I think I need to rush all 7 of my kids to the ER. They seem to have all caught a serious case of the stupids. It started yesterday morning and still hasn't stopped. Just thought I'd share. If I go missing, check the mental hospitals. :P

Kristy

I think I need to rush all 7 of my kids to the ER. They seem to have all caught a serious case of the stupids. It started yesterday morning and still hasn't stopped. Just thought I'd share. If I go missing, check the mental hospitals. :P

Kristy

hahahaha :rotfl2: There seems to be a lot of that going around, and not just kids people in general!! :lmao: What we say at work, is you can't fix stupid! Good Luck! ;)

No, they won't let us stay anywhere else. So, myself and my three will be at GKTW and my husband and his four will stay somewhere else. They would let my husband stay with us, but somebody has to take care of the kids! So they will provide tickets for 5 of us. It doesn't look like the four will be able to participate in anything at GKTW. If MAW would add them as non compensated participants, then GKTW would let them stay, eat, and do everything. I guess that's what I don't understand. Our MAW wouldn't be out any extra money by just adding them as non compensated. We would still pay for travel and tickets.

Kristy

I hope you are able to get everything worked out. Why won't MAW add them so they can stay at GKTW so all you have to do is pay for airfare and park tickets? I know every chapter is different but it seems crazy they wouldn't let the kiddos stay at GKTW.

ONE WEEK until DISNEY!!!! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes I posted a long over-due update to Savannah's PTR. It's actually a 3 parter with lots of great pictures including outfits, and package delivery from Kid's Wish Network. We're getting quite excited here. :) Check it out...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2956109&page=8

Yay!! I loved all the outfits and pics.

We are thinking of maybe doing Lego Land or Kennedy Space Center when we are on Trev's wish trip. Has anyone gone to either of these before? Any advice?

Thanks!
Jackie

We are thinking of maybe doing Lego Land or Kennedy Space Center when we are on Trev's wish trip. Has anyone gone to either of these before? Any advice?

Thanks!
Jackie

I am curious to know too. My kids would LOVE to go to Lego Land. But I dont know how much time to devote to it because we have never been there before. Then I have to figure out what to take out of our trip so we can put in lego land...haha. :confused3

We just got the call on Friday that our two year old adopted son would get his Make-A-Wish. We've been to Disney before we adopted him but this will be his very first time and we are thrilled to be there to experience this with him!!

I'm going to start reading - he has several things that may make it a bit harder for him to get on and off attractions (feeding tube, wheelchair, pulse ox machine, etc.).

He's 2 1/2 so for now, we're showing him videos and pictures of Disney (he's obsessed with Mickey and Buzz) so that he'll have some idea of what it may look like when he gets there!!!

Our other children are so excited to make this trip special for him :-)

ONE WEEK until DISNEY!!!! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes I posted a long over-due update to Savannah's PTR. It's actually a 3 parter with lots of great pictures including outfits, and package delivery from Kid's Wish Network. We're getting quite excited here. :) Check it out...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2956109&page=8

Off to check it out! Yay for being so close!!!!

Kristy

I HEAR YOU. I swear C's brain dribbled out of her ears this week. The lack of common sense is staggering.

We just got the call on Friday that our two year old adopted son would get his Make-A-Wish. We've been to Disney before we adopted him but this will be his very first time and we are thrilled to be there to experience this with him!!

I'm going to start reading - he has several things that may make it a bit harder for him to get on and off attractions (feeding tube, wheelchair, pulse ox machine, etc.).

He's 2 1/2 so for now, we're showing him videos and pictures of Disney (he's obsessed with Mickey and Buzz) so that he'll have some idea of what it may look like when he gets there!!!

Yay for a wish trip! Will you have to wait until he turns 3?

YAY!! You should start a TR for him! He is going to have so much fun!! :dance3:

[/FONT]
I am curious to know too. My kids would LOVE to go to Lego Land. But I dont know how much time to devote to it because we have never been there before. Then I have to figure out what to take out of our trip so we can put in lego land...haha. :confused3

We just got back from our Wish Trip 2/10-2/16. On 2/14 we went to Legoland. My kiddo loves legos. We live near the KC legoland and are annual members. He was really looking forward to visiting the big Legoland.

If we had it to do over we would not have gone. Legoland does not give kiddos the special treatment that you will get at Universal, Disney or SeaWorld. Especially avoid that park if your kiddo has any mobility or sensory deficits. Legoland may meet handicap codes, but from our experience they treat those with disabilities poorly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter