• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Make a Wish (and other organizations) ~ Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume FIVE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry she has to have a brace. A friend of mine had a daughter that had to wear one from age 10-14. Now that she has stopped growing she no longer needs it. I know that she was able to take if off for a couple hours each day with no problems.

Jackie[/QUOTE]

Thanks Jackie:hug: So your friends daughter didn't have to have surgery? I hope the same for Emma:goodvibes Yeah, the DR said it would probably be a 23 hr. a day thing.

Dana - So sorry about Emma's brace :hug: Praying it will go well, and that she will adapt well to it. Glad that it won't affect her being able to do rides. Sorry she's been feeling blue - hugs for her, and you too cause I know how hard it is to see your child feeling down. :hug:

Thank you :hug: Hugs to you too!

Sorry she has to have a brace. A friend of mine had a daughter that had to wear one from age 10-14. Now that she has stopped growing she no longer needs it. I know that she was able to take if off for a couple hours each day with no problems.

Jackie

Thanks Jackie:hug: So your friends daughter didn't have to have surgery? I hope the same for Emma:goodvibes Yeah, the DR said it would probably be a 23 hr. a day thing.[/QUOTE]

She did not need surgery. Her daughter is 16 now and just had another appt and all is still good! She goes once a year still to be evaluated. I am not sure how long she will be followed.

Jackie

we just got new dates for Anna's wish trip. It turns out the week of the 17th has block out dates original week of the 17th. Now we are going Feb 10th to Feb 16th.... so excited --- anyone else going that week?
:banana::banana::banana::banana:

we just got new dates for Anna's wish trip. It turns out the week of the 17th has block out dates original week of the 17th. Now we are going Feb 10th to Feb 16th.... so excited --- anyone else going that week?

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: for dates!!! You are going to have a blast! I am so excited for you and can't wait to hear all about it.

:welcome: Welcome :welcome: to all of the new folks...I love to see this thread hopping!

We found out last Tues. that Emma will need to be braced for scoliosis:( She will go in tomorrow for her casting. Her dr says she will have to wear it until she stops growing which could be up to 4 yrs. Just wondering if anyone else has had to go threw this:confused3 I asked about Disney rides and he said that should not be a problem and if she feels uncomfortable she can take it off and then put it back on. :goodvibes She has been feeling blue about the whole thing but she said "Well. We just gotta do it." She is a trooper:hug: (((HUGS))) and pixie dust for everyone about to leave on your trips.:banana::wizard::cloud9:

My 5 year old started scoliosis at 16 months or so. At age 3.5 she was put in a full cast onher back. After a series of 3 casts, she graduated to a brace which she wore for 22 hours a day. Elsa's wish trip was last month and in November we were told that shehad graduated to only needing it at night or the day. We chose night. AND the doctor had told us to leave the brace at home for our trip. He said dont bother with it. The casting and bracing helped Elsa immensely in other ways too. She has low muscle tone so when her back was supported, all the sudden her spech improved a little. It helped her muscles too. She is not done with this scoliosis business. She most likely will need surgery later on.

My 5 year old started scoliosis at 16 months or so. At age 3.5 she was put in a full cast onher back. After a series of 3 casts, she graduated to a brace which she wore for 22 hours a day. Elsa's wish trip was last month and in November we were told that shehad graduated to only needing it at night or the day. We chose night. AND the doctor had told us to leave the brace at home for our trip. He said dont bother with it. The casting and bracing helped Elsa immensely in other ways too. She has low muscle tone so when her back was supported, all the sudden her spech improved a little. It helped her muscles too. She is not done with this scoliosis business. She most likely will need surgery later on.

So glad the casts and braces helped:) Emma has probably had it since she was very small and we didn't know it. She always had one shoulder blade that stuck out but we thought it was from her surgery at a week old. The scar goes right around her shoulder blade. My husband and I talked about it often. Even brought it up to our pediatrician too:confused3 Praying surgery is held off for a long while:thumbsup2

We have the exact same dates!!!

Crafting up a storm. Second set of t-shirts done! Next project = autograph book.

gktw1_zps217b1b60.jpg

Crafting up a storm. Second set of t-shirts done! Next project = autograph book.

gktw1_zps217b1b60.jpg

Oh my gosh!!! I love those shirts! They are SO CUTE!!! How are you doing the autograph book? I thought about making some for my kids as well. I would love to make shirts for my kids too. How did you do it??

gktw1_zps217b1b60.jpg

LOVE your shirts, GREAT JOB! Are they iron ons?

How exciting you have the same dates with another Wishtripper. Don't be surprised if you don't run into each other much though, unless you plan for it...

These are just regular freezer paper t-shirts made by us. We used metallic paint and it gave them a more professional look.

Here are some tips I learned while reading about how to make them

Supplies: Tshirts - must be washed ahead of time. Do not use fabric softener
or dryer sheets
Cricut Design studio- allows you to merge and create new images
Freezer paper. Put on cricut mat shiny side up
Cricut- will cut out the stencil for smooth edge, remember to reverse
Cardboard- Place inside shirt to prevent bleeding of paint
Foam brush or stiff brush to apply paint.
Iron- Must iron shirt first so no wrinkles. Iron on the freezer paper
shiny side down. Do not iron on an ironing board. Need a flat
surface that will make heat stay in. I used my kitchen counter.
Fabric paint- I used Tulip Soft Metallic paint from Walmart at least 2
coats. Allow to dry before removing paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter