Make a Wish (and other organizations) ~ Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume FIVE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!!! :wave:

So sweet of your son to check to her sister! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Where are you guys staying? Are you staying at GKTW?

Usually - on a wish trip - CM's will let siblings use a GAC. Wish Trip GAC's have a special symbol that means something to the CM's and they are issued by GKTW, which is also marked on the GAC.

In 2008 - when we went - we sometimes split up and took Lauren to take care of her needs and sent her Dad and little brother to ride some rides. I think *once* they were told they couldn't. Every time William said, "My sister is on a wish trip, can I use this?" to the CM and every time they said YES!

Of all of the TR's I have read - a very few have said that it would not work on a ride - but most said it worked most of the time they split up!

I don't recommend "pretending" it belongs to someone else - be honest with the CM and they usually will a wish family get through the queue as quickly as possible. Generally speaking, Disney does not want the family of a wish child to stand in line for an hour and make the wish child wait - that is just as bad as making them wait in line.

I will add, too - that "regular" GAC's usually do not transfer - so it has to be the special wish trip GAC to "work" this way...usually.

YES!

There is one in the Magic Kingdom...I am going to ask "Robo" to make us a map!!

The one in Magic Kingdom is right next to the First Aid station, which is next to Casey's and near Crystal Palace. There are RED umbrellas over near the First Aid station and the Wish Lounge is close by.

There WAS one in Epcot...two, actually...the one in Test Track closed (I *think*) - but there is still one in Spaceship Earth.

You will get the "codes" you need to enter these VIP lounges in your GKTW information that you get at Orientation. And I think they will have a map. :)

That is soooo awesome!!! I was really worried about having to leave the park for the kids to rest when we are at Magic Kingdom. The other days I think we will be able to escape at a reasonable time so we can avoid the tired break downs. However, knowing we have some where to rest if not is awesome! This just gets better and better :)

We stopped at first aid stations at all the parks to rest. No one ever stopped us. They were all great!

There were 6 of us. I was breastfeeding the baby,.and even the 16 year old needed breaks. We actually just returned as non wish family and needed breaks. Have fun!

We have our dates and we will be going August 15 - 21st, 2012 and staying at GKTW. So excited. I created a thread but don't know how to add it here. It comes up under a search for "Spencer Make A Wish" though. We got our flight info and it looks like we have flights with no transfers both there and back, from Norfolk va to orlando! (and they are providing us transport to and from the airport...limo?) We are so excited!!!

We have our dates and we will be going August 15 - 21st, 2012 and staying at GKTW. So excited. I created a thread but don't know how to add it here. It comes up under a search for "Spencer Make A Wish" though. We got our flight info and it looks like we have flights with no transfers both there and back, from Norfolk va to orlando! (and they are providing us transport to and from the airport...limo?) We are so excited!!!

WOW A flight with no stops?! Thats awesome :) So happy for you guys. Hope you have a wonderful time. The limo would be great too :)

Awesome. There were no non stop flights out of norfolk when we went, but we had a limo to newport news and flew non-stop!

Yay for info!

PLEASE keep my daughter, Lisa, in prayer. This is her fifth significant hospital stay since her Make a Wish trip in October. We have been inpatient since Monday. She is having surgery today and we could certainly use all of the prayers we can get. Thank you!

WELCOME to everyone that is new here. You will have a BLAST planning and anticipating your trips. They truly ARE amazing!!

AMY, Praying Alli feels better very soon. I know she hasn't been well since you all got back from your family trip to Disney and her journey to camp. Praying you all get some relief soon you definitely deserve it! :hug::hug:

Hi! My name is Holly. My family and I are soo excited! We just received THE call that ds8 was approved for a wish! We never imagined this would happen. Our family consists of dh, ds11, ds9, ds8 wish kiddo, and dd7. We have never taken a true family vacation so we cannot wait to make memories together. Luke has a rare seizure disorder. He was diagnosed with Wset Syndrome at 8 months old. It has been a rough 8 years for the whole family, and we are very excited to let loose and enjoy a wonderful MAW experience. Thanks for listening. I have been a lurker here for a while now, but am so happy to finally introduce my son Luke!

PLEASE keep my daughter, Lisa, in prayer. This is her fifth significant hospital stay since her Make a Wish trip in October. We have been inpatient since Monday. She is having surgery today and we could certainly use all of the prayers we can get. Thank you!

WELCOME to everyone that is new here. You will have a BLAST planning and anticipating your trips. They truly ARE amazing!!

AMY, Praying Alli feels better very soon. I know she hasn't been well since you all got back from your family trip to Disney and her journey to camp. Praying you all get some relief soon you definitely deserve it! :hug::hug:

my prayers are with you and your family today :angel:

Praying for your sweet girl and your family.

Definitely in my heart and prayers! Wishing for an uncomplicated surgery, swift recovery and for you all to head home as soon as possible!:hug:

Hi! My name is Holly. My family and I are soo excited! We just received THE call that ds8 was approved for a wish! We never imagined this would happen. Our family consists of dh, ds11, ds9, ds8 wish kiddo, and dd7. We have never taken a true family vacation so we cannot wait to make memories together. Luke has a rare seizure disorder. He was diagnosed with Wset Syndrome at 8 months old. It has been a rough 8 years for the whole family, and we are very excited to let loose and enjoy a wonderful MAW experience. Thanks for listening. I have been a lurker here for a while now, but am so happy to finally introduce my son Luke!

Hi Holly!:wave2: So happy your son got his wish and the chance for your whole family to make magical memories together!:goodvibes So what is he looking forward to the most? A certain ride, show or character?

Hello!!! :wave:

So sweet of your son to check to her sister! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Where are you guys staying? Are you staying at GKTW?

Usually - on a wish trip - CM's will let siblings use a GAC. Wish Trip GAC's have a special symbol that means something to the CM's and they are issued by GKTW, which is also marked on the GAC.

In 2008 - when we went - we sometimes split up and took Lauren to take care of her needs and sent her Dad and little brother to ride some rides. I think *once* they were told they couldn't. Every time William said, "My sister is on a wish trip, can I use this?" to the CM and every time they said YES!

Of all of the TR's I have read - a very few have said that it would not work on a ride - but most said it worked most of the time they split up!

I don't recommend "pretending" it belongs to someone else - be honest with the CM and they usually will a wish family get through the queue as quickly as possible. Generally speaking, Disney does not want the family of a wish child to stand in line for an hour and make the wish child wait - that is just as bad as making them wait in line.

I will add, too - that "regular" GAC's usually do not transfer - so it has to be the special wish trip GAC to "work" this way...usually.

We've used a GAC at Disneyland, but we only used it for rides Talia was going on, the boys used fast pass for the stuff they wanted that she couldn't be part of. I'll make sure they ask a CM first, I wouldn't think of pretending, who wants to stress on that while at Disney? But like you mentioned I didn't want them stuck in an hours long line and having to wait for them:rolleyes1, way too much fun to pack in too few days!
We will be staying at GKTW, and we are soo thrilled about that! MAW said most likely in spring, but requested fall or spring dates on paper, so who knows! Thanks for the info, though, glad to hear it will probably work!:goodvibes

Big prayers for Lisa and her family, hang in there Mom, rest every chance you get!

carebearkidney said:
Hi Holly!:wave2: So happy your son got his wish and the chance for your whole family to make magical memories together!:goodvibes So what is he looking forward to the most? A certain ride, show or character?

I cannot wait for him to ride the cat in the hat! He loves twirly rides, anything where his stomach jiggles makes him crazy giggle. He loves water and to "swim", so his special wish is to swim with dolphins at discovery cove. He is nonverbal and deafblind, so he doesn't have a fav character, but his room is cars themed, so I want his pic with lightening and mater to add to his wall.

Can't wait to check out your ptr!

Praying for Lisa ! :goodvibes

So exciting that your trip is coming up! Yay for direct flights:banana:

Praying for sweet Lisa.

Welcome! I am so happy for you guys that Luke gets a wish! Can't wait to hear what he picks!

Jackie

So happy to hear that Luke is getting a wish!! I know what you mean about not having had a true family vacation - we haven't had one either, so we are really looking forward to it. Can't wait to hear more about your plans!

I just have some questions about general stuff. What do you all do about the stuff you need to carry around with you in the parks. Cade has a feeding tube and he has bolus feedings during the day that we do by gravity. The formula he uses has to be kept cold. He also has several medications that he has that are dosed throughout the day, some of which have to be kept cold. I usually just carry a small cooler bag with me, but the stuff does get heavy. I thought about getting an insulated backpack, but I haven't looked at them yet to see how much I could fit into them. Any advice or suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter