Make a Wish (and other organizations) ~ Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume FIVE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got our packet in the mail yesterday with our flight times!! I am excited that we fly into Orlando at 1030 in the morning on 11/18, and then depart at 350 in the afternoon on 11/24. Those times are great...other than I am wondering about needing to leave at 4 am on the day we depart to make it to the airport on time. Our wish coordinator put in the packet that we will have a limo, so I guess everyone could take a nap on the way to the airport! Trying to decide if we should drive over the night before and get a hotel room though:confused3

No matter what, I am sure it will be all good when we get there!

Hurray for dates and such a great late leaving time!:tinker:

Got our packet in the mail yesterday with our flight times!! I am excited that we fly into Orlando at 1030 in the morning on 11/18, and then depart at 350 in the afternoon on 11/24. Those times are great...other than I am wondering about needing to leave at 4 am on the day we depart to make it to the airport on time. Our wish coordinator put in the packet that we will have a limo, so I guess everyone could take a nap on the way to the airport! Trying to decide if we should drive over the night before and get a hotel room though:confused3

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Updated my TR Finally...

Click here to read.

got new shoes to get ready for our trip. mine are so worn they make my legs hurt. also a small new backpack at tj max. bargins!

then had a bit of a panic attact= over 100 days, so much could happen to molly's health before our trip!

how to celebrate and not worry???:hourglass
good idea on the new shoes! ;)

We had a little bit of a scare a few weeks ago - Gabby fell at the playground and needed stitches, right after her chemo dosages were increased. Chemo tends to lower her white blood cell counts, and platelets, which makes healing from cuts harder... So when she went back to get her stitches out, her injury wasn't totally healed, and the risk for infection was much bigger - and with her port-o-cath, any infections or fevers lead to immediate hospitalization :scared1:

All we could do is hope for the best - you can only control what you can control, you know? That's my motto. :)

Best wishes that Molly's health holds steady for your trip!

Our meeting went awesome! The volunteers were soooo soooo nice. They even brought Gavin a Cars car and coloring book and my daughter a color wonder princess book. They are proposing our dates for over his birthday--- October 15th

Awesome!!! How exciting! October is a great time at the World! :thumbsup2

Woohoo - you got your flight times already!! That's awesome, we JUST got ours yesterday, and we leave Thursday!

Those times are fantastic, you have, like, two extra days!!

UPDATED PTR, with Gabby's Wish Presentation Party yesterday!! Link below, check it out! :goodvibes:goodvibes

Got our our flight times!! I am excited that we leave Philly at 930 am fly into Orlando at Noon on 10/1, and then depart at 150 in the afternoon on 10/7.

Those times are good...other than I am wondering about needing to leave at 330 am on the day we depart to make it to the airport on time. Get trough security with 4 kids and board . Kids ages 3-7 .

Our wish coordinator said we will get are packet 2 weeks before are trip . We have a small car and with luggage we will not all fit . They said they can do transportation but then what do i do with the kids car seats till we get back ?

Trying to decide if we should drive over the night before and get a hotel room though..

When they provide transportation how soon before your flight do they get you to the air port ?

Got our our flight times!! I am excited that we leave Philly at 930 am fly into Orlando at Noon on 10/1, and then depart at 150 in the afternoon on 10/7.

Those times are good...other than I am wondering about needing to leave at 330 am on the day we depart to make it to the airport on time. Get trough security with 4 kids and board . Kids ages 3-7 .

Our wish coordinator said we will get are packet 2 weeks before are trip . We have a small car and with luggage we will not all fit . They said they can do transportation but then what do i do with the kids car seats till we get back ?

Trying to decide if we should drive over the night before and get a hotel room though..

When they provide transportation how soon before your flight do they get you to the air port ?

I would assume that they would get you there about 2 hours before the flight, so that you have plenty of time to get through security and make it to your gate.

A wise person once said.. "Waiting is the hardest part..."

The wait is killing us, to see if we can get this wish cruise in by Mid-August. Its tough, and i know they are doing their best to fit us in if its possible. We are just over-anxious, because of the narrow timeline. If it has to be postponed to our second choice dates, that would be unfortunate, but understandable given the circumstances.

A wise person once said.. "Waiting is the hardest part..."

The wait is killing us, to see if we can get this wish cruise in by Mid-August. Its tough, and i know they are doing their best to fit us in if its possible. We are just over-anxious, because of the narrow timeline. If it has to be postponed to our second choice dates, that would be unfortunate, but understandable given the circumstances.

We just had our meeting to see if my son can go to Disney in October and I am also anxious to hear back. I think it is in our natures (Moms). Hang in there. If those dates dont work out there is some divine reason it was not meant to be. Well atleast thats what I tell myself anyway :thumbsup2

So I know this is a little premature but I am crazy about planning.... We always have a big birthday party for my kids because their birthdays are only a week apart. My nephew's birthday is also three days after Gavin's so we typically just have one big party together. We were planning it for the day before Gavin's proposed departure date for his wish (I know crazy but this date was already planned and reserved before we knew Gavin would get a wish). My question is--- Would it be rude to make a suggestion in his invitations to consider giving him gift cards/ money to use at Disney instead of gifts? The problem is every year I get about a million calls asking what to get Gavin because due to his limited cognition/ autism he is very very picky on what he will play with and most of the time people end up getting him things that just sit around. I do not want to be rude though of course. My mom said to go ahead and put something in the card because everyone is family and would understand. Just thought I would ask some of other parents what they thought.

We just had our meeting to see if my son can go to Disney in October and I am also anxious to hear back. I think it is in our natures (Moms). Hang in there. If those dates dont work out there is some divine reason it was not meant to be. Well atleast thats what I tell myself anyway :thumbsup2

It doesn't help when we look at numerous Youtube videos of folks enjoying themselves on the cruise.

So I know this is a little premature but I am crazy about planning.... We always have a big birthday party for my kids because their birthdays are only a week apart. My nephew's birthday is also three days after Gavin's so we typically just have one big party together. We were planning it for the day before Gavin's proposed departure date for his wish (I know crazy but this date was already planned and reserved before we knew Gavin would get a wish). My question is--- Would it be rude to make a suggestion in his invitations to consider giving him gift cards/ money to use at Disney instead of gifts? The problem is every year I get about a million calls asking what to get Gavin because due to his limited cognition/ autism he is very very picky on what he will play with and most of the time people end up getting him things that just sit around. I do not want to be rude though of course. My mom said to go ahead and put something in the card because everyone is family and would understand. Just thought I would ask some of other parents what they thought.

I do not think that would be rude at all. I get the same questions all the time with my daughter also, she is eight...but cognitively a bit younger! This way they will all know that the gifts will be greatly appreciated and definitely enjoyed;)

I do not think that would be rude at all. I get the same questions all the time with my daughter also, she is eight...but cognitively a bit younger! This way they will all know that the gifts will be greatly appreciated and definitely enjoyed;)

I agree, having been on both sides of the question, I want to give something that will be enjoyed, I dont usually like to do gift cards but more and more see the value raising my own quirky kid. I would rather give your child a gift they can enjoy rather than have it go to charity. and this is a very special trip. It might make you feel better to preface it as he is hard to shop for and this wish trip is a time we want to be abe to say yes as much as possible and give him things he will enjoy and remember.

I agree, having been on both sides of the question, I want to give something that will be enjoyed, I dont usually like to do gift cards but more and more see the value raising my own quirky kid. I would rather give your child a gift they can enjoy rather than have it go to charity. and this is a very special trip. It might make you feel better to preface it as he is hard to shop for and this wish trip is a time we want to be abe to say yes as much as possible and give him things he will enjoy and remember.

That is what I am thinking. I think I will just put a small blurb in the invitations.
On another note: How much spending money is everyone planning to bring? It will be my husband, son (wish kid), daughter, and me. Does Make a Wish typically give the wish child spending money?

I'm cross posting this question here, as well as in my PTR: we land in Orlando at 6:10pm. <-- is this enough time to make it to the 7:45 orientation?? Thoughts? TIA!

On another note: How much spending money is everyone planning to bring? It will be my husband, son (wish kid), daughter, and me. Does Make a Wish typically give the wish child spending money?

You should get an expense check from MaW, that is to cover meals outside of GKTW, souveniers, and gas. Our wish granters told us specifically that breakfast and dinner are provided at GKTW, and the check should cover lunches.... but there are not really restrictions on what you do with it, so you can divide it up however you want to.

We had worked out a rough budget of what we intended to spend on food, what meals were planned for in the parks, what were planned at GKTW, and then from the remaining balance we divided a portion between the three kids for their spending money. They can spend it at their discretion, but it will have to last them the whole week, and through all 4 parks.

WOW!!!! That makes me want to go there!!! Looks and sounds incredible:goodvibes

Loved seeing the photos, we are going there. sold our camper that we were not using to make it happen but not able to do the cabana thing. If you tell them you are on a wish trip you do get the florida resident rate which helps a little.

Hi Wish Trippers! My name is Amber. I just posted a new PTR this morning for my daughter Savannah and wanted to share it will you all here. My son Sebastian who battled Osteoclastoma had his wish to meet Buzz Lighteyear granted in 2008. Savannah, my youngest daughter has Mitochondrial Disease Complex I and III. We are just kicking off with the proceses of having her wish granted through the Make a Wish Foundation. I wanted to invite you to join our adventure over on her PTR. I also look forward to interacting with you on this thread. The friendships I made four years ago through the Wish Trippers Unite earlier volumes and Sebastian's PTR continue to be such a blessing in our life. I's exited to connect on these boards again as we make our Princess' dream come true.

Princess Savannah's Magical Make A Wish Trip

Awwww your so is ADORABLE!!! My son is wishing to meet Lightning McQueen so we are pretty excited! I look forward to talking to you. I honestly love checking this thread everyday and seeing if anyone has posted anything new. As simple as it is, it kinda makes me feel like I have friends all over that can understand just how exciting this really is :) I am new to this whole thing so what is a PTR:confused3:p

Hi Wish Trippers! My name is Amber. I just posted a new PTR this morning for my daughter Savannah and wanted to share it will you all here. My son Sebastian who battled Osteoclastoma had his wish to meet Buzz Lighteyear granted in 2008. Savannah, my youngest daughter has Mitochondrial Disease Complex I and III. We are just kicking off with the proceses of having her wish granted through the Make a Wish Foundation. I wanted to invite you to join our adventure over on her PTR. I also look forward to interacting with you on this thread. The friendships I made four years ago through the Wish Trippers Unite earlier volumes and Sebastian's PTR continue to be such a blessing in our life. I's exited to connect on these boards again as we make our Princess' dream come true.

Princess Savannah's Magical Make A Wish Trip

Welcome back! I am sorry that you have two children eligible for wishes, but glad to hear you had such a wonderful experience the first time around! We are preparing for my daughter's wish trip the week of Thanksgiving!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter