Make a Wish (and other organizations) ~ Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume FIVE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, her sister will receive gifts. Both will be able to make a pillow, get a gift from Santa at the Winter Wonderland party, and the gift givers will leave gifts for both children.

I have to comment on this Daniel, because I always read the siblings under 18 received daily gifts as well...gifts were NOT always left every day for Rachel and David...although they both were allowed to get Pillows and a Christmas Gift...and they did each get a Mayor Clayton stuffed animal...

How is the job??? Have you started working the front office at GKTW yet?

Looking like we will arrive on a friday and leave on thursday so we will miss Chirstmas. i guess I better bring some gifts for my 13 year old. Not because she really cares, but it really upsets her sister the wish kid if big sis does not get gifts when she does. The sweetie wants to be sure there is something special just for her sister...

Looking like we will arrive on a friday and leave on thursday so we will miss Chirstmas. i guess I better bring some gifts for my 13 year old. Not because she really cares, but it really upsets her sister the wish kid if big sis does not get gifts when she does. The sweetie wants to be sure there is something special just for her sister...

do you have your arrive date ?

This morning the wish grantors came by and talked with Trev. For some reason he was whispering all his answers to the wish grantors :). In the end he said he would like to be a Jedi and fight Darth Vader at Disney. He also wants to go during Star Wars weekend so we will have to wait until next May. His backup wish is Legoland.

We should find out in the next couple of weeks if his wish will be granted. they said since we are planning so far out it should not be a problem. The wish grantors were asking if he wanted to walk around the parks as a Jedi. Of course he said YES!!

They also said we could have a rental car if we wanted but they do have shuttles to and from GKTW. Is a rental car worth it or just rely on the shuttle service?

Thanks!
Jackie

They also said we could have a rental car if we wanted but they do have shuttles to and from GKTW. Is a rental car worth it or just rely on the shuttle service?

Thanks!
Jackie

I would personally let them rent you the vehicle, then you can come and go as you please and NOT have to work around a shuttle which may or may not come when you need it. I know today was a VERY special day...Congratulations!!!

I honestly don't think you need to worry about gifts...they will be left on the table or on the counter...you will be so busy, the gifts will take a back seat to everything else! The GKTW Candyland game will be for them both to enjoy and you don't need to make a big deal out of differentiating whose is whose..that is what we did...not that my older children minded...

Hi and :welcome:

Make sure you tell your Wish Granters what type of supplies/equipment you need and if they don't have it at GKTW they should be able to arrange to have it delivered from a local DME company.

Thanks for the welcome message, and the answer. I've checked this board occasionally over about a year and was surprised how quiet everyone was, just timing I guess, understandably. I've started reading your pre-trip report, and my goodness I don't know where you have time to write at all, but like everyone else says, you have a beautiful family, and what personality! Your first post on there mentions not starting the report too soon, and I have the same question, when is the appropriate time to start a ptr? Thanks for sticking around and being so helpful!

Thanks for the welcome message, and the answer. I've checked this board occasionally over about a year and was surprised how quiet everyone was, just timing I guess, understandably. I've started reading your pre-trip report, and my goodness I don't know where you have time to write at all, but like everyone else says, you have a beautiful family, and what personality! Your first post on there mentions not starting the report too soon, and I have the same question, when is the appropriate time to start a ptr? Thanks for sticking around and being so helpful!

First, I want to Thank You for your very kind words, I of course think my family is the BEST!! We look for strengths and passions and don't worry with/about those things that aren't in our control.

There are times this thread is hopping and times it is ...TOO quiet. It is understandable, those of us with medical challenges and children don't often have a lot of time/energy left...You mentioned when do I have time to write...it is often when I SHOULD be sleeping or cleaning or...any number of other things!! However for me it is a way to unwind and relax...I only wish I could type faster!

Start your PTR anytime YOU want to!! There really isn't a right or wrong answer to this. I was very hesitant when I first began posting on the DIS again. I had originally joined the DIS back in 2006 or 2007 and when Life got so hectic and we weren't going to Disney I didn't DIS/visit...at that time, I never found a "group" I fit in to or really understood about these boards or what a blessing the people here would become to my life. I actually felt "unwelcome" at times because I felt like an outsider, and like I was viewed as someone who wanted easy access to front of the lines, etc. because of Lisa's needs if I asked a question...Some posters can be quite snarky and others are just curt in their answers...I am a wordier person (as you see) and brevity is not my strong suit, so short answers can be off-putting to me. I have since discovered that is how messages boards are...short answers.

When Lisa came to me and said she was ready to make her wish, why I just started joining in and learning. It was at that point I realized that sometimes people come to these boards looking for ways to take advantage of disability access, etc. and that they ARE open boards. Many people who don't post actually read here. Some people come and their sole reason for being here is to try and get in on the Big Gives...and MOST people come (seems it is often us Mama's) because we want information on how to make our Children's wish trips the best they can be!!! We are planners, doers, fighters and champions for our children...because we know how precious life is and how fleeting it can be!

Maroo (Mary for those who don't know) helped keep the Make a Wish threads going after the amazing, wonderful original thread starters began this concept five chapters ago! Life has gotten very busy for her and she hasn't been on in a while...it is up to us as both past wish trippers and future wish trippers to TRY and keep things going and answer questions the best we can...I often don't get over here and when I DO, it is mostly to read...it hurts me to see someone ask questions and get NO response back...that has been me to many times, so I get it...and thank you for responding back to me! :goodvibes

For me, when I started DISing it always felt so weird to just jump in on PTR's and TR's and say something...but I worked through my own hangups and realized I would just be myself and just like IRL, some people would like me and some people would look for reasons to NOT like me...since you are reading our PTR and TR...you know what you see is what you get, I am the same IRL as I am on these boards. That can be good and bad, because when I type (especially when I am tired) it doesn't always come out on the computer the way it sounded in my sleep deprived brain. :lmao:

My point in all of this rambling...ask, encourage, visit TR's and PTR's, start your own, POST PICS on your PTR, comment on OTHER's reports if you want to...don't let your hesitancy of how you will be viewed stop you. This unsolicited advice is for ALL of you out there reading, planning, worrying and wondering HOW do these great DIS friendships start...it is with the first post, stepping outside your comfort zone...jumping in feet first knowing there will be those who have a different opinion than you...so what, you are here for your wish child first and foremost...and learn all you can because you really ARE about to embark on the trip of your dreams!

And when you stop by our PTR or TR (come on over, you KNOW you want too)...sign in and say hello...I promise I won't bite! :rotfl2:

I would personally let them rent you the vehicle, then you can come and go as you please and NOT have to work around a shuttle which may or may not come when you need it. I know today was a VERY special day...Congratulations!!!

Thanks! It was a special day. Trev is so excited to bea Jedi! He wants to go over Star Wars weekend so we will have a long wait!

Jackie

Thanks! It was a special day. Trev is so excited to bea Jedi! He wants to go over Star Wars weekend so we will have a long wait!

Jackie

Jackie, SAVOR the moments leading up to the Wish Trip!!! I know it seems like a long time from now; however, it will be over in the blink of any eye and you will be back to all of the medical stuff...I don't regret for one minute the time it took us to go on Lisa's trip...although all of the medical postponements did wear on us at times...Trev will be a little older and is having more say in his wish trip and that will be so worth it!!!

Taliasmom, I had a notice that you PM'd me, but my PM box is full! Please feel free to Post any comments/questions here or on our PTR. The PTR is easiest for me versus here or PM's because I check their frequently and not here so much...and PMs VERY infrequently!

Anybody going on their Wish Trip during the dates of September 22 to September 29? We have the pleasure of volunteering at GKTW (the ENTIRE FAMILY) on September 23 and while we will not be able to afford Disney Parks, we plan to take full advantage of our Alumni Status while we are in Kissimmee.

Molly's wish for WDW and GKTW has been approved!!! waiting for date confrimation but going in October!!! anxious to get the dates as we are making our own plans for discovery cove- Make a wish cant do both.
:banana::cheer2:

Hooray!! :cool1:

Our volunteer wish grantors will be throwing Gabby a wish party on July 7th, when we'll get all of our wish info. Can't wait!! :banana:

we are going Oct 19! going to be hard to fit in the things molly wants to do with the gktw parties too. Very excited!

Well we are going on a "wish" trip but not through MAW. I hope it is ok to join in. My second oldest son (adopted) had a very traumatic first 2 years and his CASA nominated him for a wish trip. We are approved and awaiting dates. Looks like we will be going in Feb well we are hopeful for Feb anyway and they are working with us to try and make that work. We want to go during a slower time so it will be easier on him.

we are going Oct 19! going to be hard to fit in the things molly wants to do with the gktw parties too. Very excited!

Yay for dates!

Well we are going on a "wish" trip but not through MAW. I hope it is ok to join in. My second oldest son (adopted) had a very traumatic first 2 years and his CASA nominated him for a wish trip. We are approved and awaiting dates. Looks like we will be going in Feb well we are hopeful for Feb anyway and they are working with us to try and make that work. We want to go during a slower time so it will be easier on him.

I have heard February is a lovely time to go. Hopefully you get the dates you want.

Jackie

Taliasmom, I had a notice that you PM'd me, but my PM box is full! Please feel free to Post any comments/questions here or on our PTR. The PTR is easiest for me versus here or PM's because I check their frequently and not here so much...and PMs VERY infrequently!

I posted my question on here right after they told me your pm box was full, and you answered my question, and gave lots of useful info besides, thank you! I'm usually using my phone in snoop mode to read these boards, the boys hog the computer, and some evenings it won't load the site anyway. I'll have to start signing in all the time, makes things easier, lol. Well, I better go for tonight, my hubby is shaking his head at me, i'm going to drive him crazy for months with this anticipation issue. ah well, for better or worse, right? :love:

We were there during the same time period last year...You will have a BLAST!
Of course it is okay!! ALL Wishes count! :goodvibes:goodvibes Who is the Wish Organization and do you know where you will be staying? I will keep my fingers crossed for February, just avoid President's Day, if you can...I was surprised when I found out one year through research how crowded that time can be! The weather will be cooler as well! :cheer2:
I posted my question on here right after they told me your pm box was full, and you answered my question, and gave lots of useful info besides, thank you! I'm usually using my phone in snoop mode to read these boards, the boys hog the computer, and some evenings it won't load the site anyway. I'll have to start signing in all the time, makes things easier, lol. Well, I better go for tonight, my hubby is shaking his head at me, i'm going to drive him crazy for months with this anticipation issue. ah well, for better or worse, right? :love:

My notificaitons take SO long sometimes! I am happy you asked here and that I saw it! :goodvibes:goodvibes I am TRYING to be better about checking! Happy to see some activity and excitement over here! Tell DH your research WILL pay off!

Anybody going on their Wish Trip during the dates of September 22 to September 29? We have the pleasure of volunteering at GKTW (the ENTIRE FAMILY) on September 23 and while we will not be able to afford Disney Parks, we plan to take full advantage of our Alumni Status while we are in Kissimmee.

Our trip is not until November, but that is awesome that your whole family is volunteering:thumbsup2 That will be an amazing family bonding time, I am sure!!!!

with the wish kid ten and the sib 13 I am thinking theme parks are the choice over events at GKTW- opinons? we wont be there on thursday for Christmas. it seems they are mostly geared for younger kids, am I correct on that?

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter