Make a Wish (and other organizations) ~ Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume FIVE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh, that's something they give us at GKTW?

They will give you the GAC at orientation at GKTW. It comes on a lanyard for you to wear with all your tickets and your photopass card. Basically, you can show it to the cast members at the line and they will point you straight to the fast pass line entrance. Also.. show it to cast members for the character meets and you can pass up the line to meet characters!!

We also had a stroller for Owen and because he has oxygen we had it tagged as a wheelchair. This allowed us to take the stroller through the lines instead of leaving it at stroller parking outside the ride. You can get this is needed at Guest Services at Universal and at DW. :)

They will give you the GAC at orientation at GKTW. It comes on a lanyard for you to wear with all your tickets and your photopass card. Basically, you can show it to the cast members at the line and they will point you straight to the fast pass line entrance. Also.. show it to cast members for the character meets and you can pass up the line to meet characters!!

We also had a stroller for Owen and because he has oxygen we had it tagged as a wheelchair. This allowed us to take the stroller through the lines instead of leaving it at stroller parking outside the ride. You can get this is needed at Guest Services at Universal and at DW. :)

I wonder if the Children's Wish Foundation does the same thing as the MAW. It's hard to plan stuff when you just don't know.

I wonder if the Children's Wish Foundation does the same thing as the MAW. It's hard to plan stuff when you just don't know.

If you are staying at Give Kids the World, everything will be the same.

Things that might be different for you is what you receive prior to leaving for your trip.

Like I know a week before we leave we'll get our expense check, t-shirts and anything else like that from MAW. Our coordinator also told me how much I'd get per person, per meal. Which has been extremely helpful, that's how I was able to make all reservations.

I'm sure you'll receive some kind of expense account for your trip.

Hi everyone!

Long time, no write!!! Added a chapter (still missing some pics!) to my much-neglected Trip Report. If you are still interested in reading about Brooke's wish trip, please check it out. If you aren't yet tired of waiting for me to get back at it, that is! (and I wouldn't blame you for abandoning the report! LOL!!) Resolution for 2012 will be to get back to the DISing! :)

Tomorrow is the big day! :lovestruc::hippie::love::cloud9::dance3:
However we are still packing... :scared1: Oh well we will get it done before we go to bed... if I can pull myself off of here! :surfweb:
We are due at the airport tomorrow at 9:52 am Central time to meet another wish granter and get our debit card expense check. When I asked why they don't give them out the day that we met for Sean's reveal party they said that it was because with the debit card it isnt activated until the day you leave so they bring it to the airport to make sure it works. Makes sense to me!
Anyone have any specific pictures they want? things at gktw or any of the parks? I am planning on doing some mini updates while we are there!

I hope everything is going well for everyone. And to those of you in the Seattle area I am praying for you and your families, I hope the power gets turned on soon! I know peoples houses are down to the 40's INSIDE! :scared1:

However we are still packing... :scared1: Oh well we will get it done before we go to bed... if I can pull myself off of here! :surfweb:
We are due at the airport tomorrow at 9:52 am Central time to meet another wish granter and get our debit card expense check. When I asked why they don't give them out the day that we met for Sean's reveal party they said that it was because with the debit card it isnt activated until the day you leave so they bring it to the airport to make sure it works. Makes sense to me!
Anyone have any specific pictures they want? things at gktw or any of the parks? I am planning on doing some mini updates while we are there!

I hope everything is going well for everyone. And to those of you in the Seattle area I am praying for you and your families, I hope the power gets turned on soon! I know peoples houses are down to the 40's INSIDE! :scared1:
Have so much fun!! :banana::banana:

Yay!

I'd love to see lots of pictures of GKTW so I can share w/ my BFF that is bringing her kids down to see us while we're there. If you have time.

Have an Amazing Trip!

Our MAW dates are February 26th - March 3, 2012!! Just a mere 5 weeks away!! So excited! So nervous! So full of emotion!! I am afraid we will miss an opportunity for a memory if I don't plan. But I am afraid I will miss the memory all together if I focus too much on the plan! HELP!!??

Our MAW dates are February 26th - March 3, 2012!! Just a mere 5 weeks away!! So excited! So nervous! So full of emotion!! I am afraid we will miss an opportunity for a memory if I don't plan. But I am afraid I will miss the memory all together if I focus too much on the plan! HELP!!??

We're going to be there the same time! We actually arrive February 27-March 4.

Start a pre trip report, ask questions! What are your plans, head to Disneyworld.com and start making dinning reservations if you're looking for character meals and such!

I'd say don't over plan, but you want to have a good idea of what you want to do each day.

I just have a list of rides, shows, shops, & characters we'd like to see for each place. And I've scheduled 4 character meals, 3 breakfasts and 1 lunch @ CRT that our MAW coordinator made for us. And a 2 dinners, one at Epcot and one in Downtown Disney, on the nights I expect us to be out late. The day we arrive & leave we'll be hanging at GKTW to enjoy everything they have there and I hope to be back by like 5is every day that we don't have dinner plans, but if we don't make it, then we don't.

Well ladies and gents we are off to the airport in 1 hour and I am officially turning off my computer here at home. I will update when possible through out our trip and will be taking TONS of pictures!
Hope you all have a fantastic week if I don't see you before we get home!

Well ladies and gents we are off to the airport in 1 hour and I am officially turning off my computer here at home. I will update when possible through out our trip and will be taking TONS of pictures!

You're going to have such a fantastic trip !! Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back ! :banana:

Have a Safe and Wonderful trip! Can't wait to read all about it!

37 days here! They can't go by fast enough. LOL!

Here's a good question, what do your kids wear for shoes on your Disney trips?

I'm considering buy both the kids new pairs of crocs for the trip. They love them. Real crocs, not the off brands, I've tried those and they suck!

Here's a good question, what do your kids wear for shoes on your Disney trips?

I'm considering buy both the kids new pairs of crocs for the trip. They love them. Real crocs, not the off brands, I've tried those and they suck!

I usually get them a good pair of sneakers .. like Sketchers or Saucony's. Crocs (even the real ones) give mine blisters on their ankles. They have skinny feet and no matter how I try to size them .. they just don't fit tight enough so they end up rubbing. We DO use the Crocs for going to the pool and such because they are water proof and easy to slip on and off. :thumbsup2

I truly hope you have the time of your lives. Take lots of pictures of everything so we can all enjoy your experiiance through your eyes. I'm so happy that your day has arrived.

My one biggest stresser has been the character dinners. Make sure you book them ASAP! Don't delay or you might be out of luck. I look forward to watching your journey.

We are in the same boat....We want to extend our with us handle the expenses but with the Children's Wish Foundation the won't extend for medical insurance reasons. So we will be coming home and flying right straight back.

This is what they suggested that we do too. Since the park tickets are good for two weeks they said that it would be ok to fly home and fly back and then use them the following week. I am glad your family is able to do that to make the most of the wish and gift you have been given!!! :lovestruc
Blessings,

Sarah
Angelinas MAW PT report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2797616

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter