Make a Wish (and other organizations) ~ Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume FIVE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are a little over 2 weeks from out trip and I have not heard from our MAW coordinators in about 8 weeks and have not received any packages from MAW or GKTW. I know they like to wait until it is close to trip but just wondering how close.

Thanks

Hope you find out something soon!! We didn't get our info til two days before!!

Just found out that my brother and sister in law will be coming to WDW. They are going to surprise Dev and so we aren't telling him. Also my mother in law, sister in law and her husband are coming too! 10 people total. This is going to be crazy!

Hi again everyone....

quick update from Kris about Kylee....

she is starting to get a little bug so not feeling good with that, but she is starting to have some movement of her bowels which is good!

They also got moved to a private room tonight which will give them some needed peace and quite at night!

She is now in Room #607 if you would like to send any e-cards!

Providence Tarzana Medical Center
Kylee Postel
Room 607

Thanks,
Lisa

Hi everyone! I'm new to the boards and wanted to introduce myself. I'm Anneke, mom of 2 special needs kiddos. I'm friends with "Owensheart" and she reccomended I visit, get acquainted, and start a PTR now that we've officially wished.

I have NO CLUE where to even begin with the planning process. Any and all suggestions are welcome!

Thanks everyone- can't wait to get to know you all better!

PS- Not sure if I'm doing this correctly- I posted a PTR, and then linked it in my signature. Is that correct? :confused:

Hi everyone! I'm new to the boards and wanted to introduce myself. I'm Anneke, mom of 2 special needs kiddos. I'm friends with "Owensheart" and she reccomended I visit, get acquainted, and start a PTR now that we've officially wished.

I have NO CLUE where to even begin with the planning process. Any and all suggestions are welcome!

PS- Not sure if I'm doing this correctly- I posted a PTR, and then linked it in my signature. Is that correct? :confused:

Good job! That's exactly right:goodvibes

Now, if you're a Disney first timer, may I recommend getting a "Passporter" guide to Disneyworld. In my view, it's the best guidebook for beginners.

You'll get lots of advice here! Be sure to look at the first page of this thread.

Starienite - That's a big, complex group! If you all try to move together at the theme parks be prepared for it to be VERY VERY slowly! Somebody always needs a pit stop/snack/take a picture. . .

Also, in my experience, most attractions will only allow 6 total people including the person with the disability to go to the disabled entrance. Your mileage may vary, but I don't want you to get your hopes up!

Maroo, where ever you are, I hope all is well with you, Babe!

Starienite - That's a big, complex group! If you all try to move together at the theme parks be prepared for it to be VERY VERY slowly! Somebody always needs a pit stop/snack/take a picture. . .

Oh I know it. I told my husband that Dev's amazing WDW powers will only go so far. I need to figure out what kind of tickets my SIL is buying. Last time she went she didn't get park hoppers and we need to be able to park hop. So I told my husband to either make sure she gets a park hopper or at least that she understands that we can't confine ourselves to one park and if we need to split we need to split.

My brother and his wife have only been married nearly two years. He is partly coming because he feels guilty about leaving Dev after the first day in the hospital, but he had to report to base by a certain date and this will be the first time he has seen Dev healthy. The other part is because he will have recently gotten off of a sub for a few months and will be a vacation for the both of them so they will be peeling on and off.

I think GKTW may end up being a crash pad. Dev can shut a park down.

Hi and :welcome: !

Another heart mom here .. I posted over at your Pre TR !

Ok guys I need to know what you would do:
When Lindsay met with her MAW Coordinators back in May (?) she asked for specific dates because of dh work schedule. He is in a mfg plant environ and has no vacation so we can ONLY be gone when his plant is shut down for the holidays. Linds asked for 12/24-12/31 when she made her wish to go to Disney. I called her MAW coordinator around Linds's 16 bday in August and asked for any updates so I could announce it at her surprise 16th bday party. She told me that Linds' wish had been granted and she would get to stay at the GF. I heard from her again around Labor day asking about the behind the scenes tour that Linds wished to do on her trip...and I have not heard from her since. I have sent emails a couple times and was told it was in Disney's hands and then it was in the corp ofc in Charlotte's hands. Last week we got a brochure from GKTW stating that our arrival date is 12/22. We physically can not be there then (I REALL don't mean to sound ungrateful but my dh has only had this job for 7 months after a 2 year layoff so he HAS to work) and her trip ends 12/28. I called GKTW is how I know the end date. I have emailed and called her MAW coordinator 2-3 times with no return calls or emails and I even called and left a msg with the Wish Coordinator of Central and Western NC on Friday and didn't hear anything from them either. ANY SUGGESTIONS??? I am starting to get concerned and HATE for Linds to miss days of her trip because I couldn't get her dates worked out. Kind of needed to vent...what would ya'll do?

Since you all seem to be pros at the Wish Trip thing, I need some advice:

What special things do I HAVE to make for my kids? I have an 8yo DD, a 6yo DS wish kid, and a 5yo DS.

Can anyone provide a list of must-haves and maybe some hints on to how-to? I saw something about coloring books and autograph books?

BTW, we leave on Saturday 12/10 :)

Any help is appreciated, and if any of you all will be there with us we should meet up!! I love meeting new moms of special ones, especially my heart-mom-sisters :love:

When Lindsay met with her MAW Coordinators back in May (?) she asked for specific dates because of dh work schedule. He is in a mfg plant environ and has no vacation so we can ONLY be gone when his plant is shut down for the holidays. Linds asked for 12/24-12/31 when she made her wish to go to Disney. I called her MAW coordinator around Linds's 16 bday in August and asked for any updates so I could announce it at her surprise 16th bday party. She told me that Linds' wish had been granted and she would get to stay at the GF. I heard from her again around Labor day asking about the behind the scenes tour that Linds wished to do on her trip...and I have not heard from her since. I have sent emails a couple times and was told it was in Disney's hands and then it was in the corp ofc in Charlotte's hands. Last week we got a brochure from GKTW stating that our arrival date is 12/22. We physically can not be there then (I REALL don't mean to sound ungrateful but my dh has only had this job for 7 months after a 2 year layoff so he HAS to work) and her trip ends 12/28. I called GKTW is how I know the end date. I have emailed and called her MAW coordinator 2-3 times with no return calls or emails and I even called and left a msg with the Wish Coordinator of Central and Western NC on Friday and didn't hear anything from them either. ANY SUGGESTIONS??? I am starting to get concerned and HATE for Linds to miss days of her trip because I couldn't get her dates worked out. Kind of needed to vent...what would ya'll do?

Oh no ! I hope you can get this straightened out. I wonder what happened and why the mix up ? Please keep us updated. I wish I had some advice for you but I'm new to MAW and have none other than what you've already done.

hope it gets worked out....wondering if you are working with the same people Judy (blessedmom4) did she had lots of issues with their trip too....you will just have to keep calling and emailing someone is bound to answer you...how close are you to the office, maybe drive over to see if anyone is there or call the main number, someone has to be manning phones.

That's awful! I hope it gets resolved. I wish I had better suggestions, but I'm also new to MAW. Maybe call the main wish office?

I'll be thinking good thoughts for you and hoping this glitch isn't something too big, and can be fixed with a dose of pixie dust!;)

Jaydens Wish granter called and will be coming on Thursday !! Update posted in my Pre TR. :)

Good job! That's exactly right:goodvibes

Now, if you're a Disney first timer, may I recommend getting a "Passporter" guide to Disneyworld. In my view, it's the best guidebook for beginners.

You'll get lots of advice here! Be sure to look at the first page of this thread.

thanks!

Not a "first timer", per se, to the Disney experience, but first time for Disneyworld & Florida and also new to MAW. Where do I find a Passporter?

She’s at peace now

December 5, 2011 by Carrie

5 Comments

Hannah passed away at 10:10 pm on Sunday night, December 4th, in my arms after a weekend surrounded by all of her grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and good friends.

I just read this on Carries's blog. Hannah was a recent wish child (LVmom23)... http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2669155

Please keep this family in your prayers...this has been a difficult journey for them.
Lynn

She’s at peace now

5 Comments

Hannah passed away at 10:10 pm on Sunday night, December 4th, in my arms after a weekend surrounded by all of her grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and good friends.

I just read this on Carries's blog. Hannah was a recent wish child (LVmom23)... http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2669155

Please keep this family in your prayers...this has been a difficult journey for them.
Lynn

Thanks for letting us know Lynn....hope it was peaceful for them all...keeping them in our prayers

thanks!

Not a "first timer", per se, to the Disney experience, but first time for Disneyworld & Florida and also new to MAW. Where do I find a Passporter?

you can get one at a bookstore or go to their website, it has great pockets for planning and storing things in the back too!

I just heard from a WONDERFUL MAW mgr. She is changing our dates and rebooking everything...she was WONDERFUL! I feel so much better! Sometimes when not so great things happen in your life, some things seem too good to be true (& you wait for the other shoe to fall so to speak)...and thank goodness this is not one of them and things really seem to be working out! Thank you Lord!!! I am now getting soooooo excited!!! (and so is Linds!) Fri night is pizza and planning party. I will post pics Fri nt so all can see our fun Disney planning night! Thanks for letting me vent :)

I just heard from a WONDERFUL MAW mgr. She is changing our dates and rebooking everything...she was WONDERFUL! I feel so much better! Sometimes when not so great things happen in your life, some things seem too good to be true (& you wait for the other shoe to fall so to speak)...and thank goodness this is not one of them and things really seem to be working out! Thank you Lord!!! I am now getting soooooo excited!!! (and so is Linds!) Fri night is pizza and planning party. I will post pics Fri nt so all can see our fun Disney planning night! Thanks for letting me vent :)

Oh thank goodness !! Thank you for updating and i am SO glad you got it worked out. :banana:
Can't wait to see the party pics !

She’s at peace now

5 Comments

Lynn

I saw this on Facebook. So very sad. She was such a fighter. Fly high Sweet Hannah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter