Make a Wish (and other organizations) ~ Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume FIVE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few questions:

1. How is travel between the different Disney parks done? Do you have to drive and park at each one, or can you park at one and then use monorail or bus to the other parks? you can take certain types of Disney Transportation between the parks...but, remember you have to get to the park that you started out at to retreive your car...in other words, if you start out at AK and take a Disney bus to go to MK in the afternoon, you still have to get back to the AK parking lot...so you need to be very aware of the closing time of each park...since you get free parking, I would think it would be easier to just drive and park at the next park.

2. About how far is DTD from the parks? Is there transportation between DTD and the parks? There is transportation from each of the hotels and the Transportation and Ticket Center to DTD...again, the wait for a DTD bus back and forth is sometimes long...I would definitely drive this if I could.

3. Are the Wish lounges at MK and EPCOT open the whole time the park is open or are they only open certain hours? I have never been on a wish trip, but from what I remember reading, these are only open certain times during the day, and not necessarily the entire park open times...I seem to recall this being more of an issue at EPCOT rather than MK

4. If we buy tickets to MVMCP, to we have to use one of our MK days as well, or is that a separate event? MVMCP is a seperate hard ticket event. You can enter the MK at 4pm the day of the party and only use your MVMCP ticket. If you wished to go to the MK earlier than that, you would have to use one of your park days from GKTW and then the MVMCP ticket later to get a wristband to stay in (unless they have changed the wristband proceedure)

5. Are we allowed to bring guests into GKTW to see it? We have friends flying in for part of the trip and wanted to show GKTW to themI will let the former wish trippers answer this one...

Lynn

While we were there, the MK wish lounge was open 11:30 AM until 7:00 PM, Epcot's lounge was open M-F 10 until 4. I HIGHLY recommend visiting both. The Wish Lounge at MK is inside of the First Aid station. At NONE of the times we utilized it was there a staff member staffing it. We had to ask each time for someone to let us in AND the last two times we were there we had to ask for water bottles to be brought in. Once there were juice boxes. Everyone is extremely nice at both places and at the Siemens lounge in Epcot we had a blast playing, drinking soda, water, coffee and cappuccinos (the boys thought it was cool) and the bathrooms! Wait till you see. Yes, I took photos! The bathrooms for the lounge at MK were the public ones outside, near the First Aid station. We were NOT allowed to use the bathrooms inside the First Aid Station. We LOVED the quietness of Siemens and the Whimsy of Magic Kingdom's. Most of the time, we were the only family utilizing the lounges.

We had FOUR sets of guest visit us at GKTW. TWICE we had friends join us for lunch or dinner and the first meal is ALWAYS free for the guests, including the ice cream parlor! Subsequent meals would be $5.00 per person. Just make sure they check in and out at the House of Hearts (Welcome Center).

I wanted to say WELCOME to all of the New Wishtrippers and to those waiting on trips and dates...savor each moment, it will go by much too quickly. We have been home a week and it feels like a year.

One short week from today, Lisa will be admitted to the hospital ten hours from our home to wean off of her coumadin and on to heparin so that she can have a cardiac cath on November 9. If you pray, I ask you to keep her and the entire family in your prayers please.

For newdrama...I have a great photo of you, may I post it?

We will be praying for Lisa and your whole family.:hug:

Leaving for Orlando November 11 and Mikey's Make a wish starts on Nov 13th at GKTW. Any other family going to be at GKTW during this time. Also are there any exciting events going on at disney or universal nov 14-18th:cheer2:

That's coming up soon! Have a great trip!

Well, I don't know what happened but the hospital must have changed their minds because MAW just called us and one of their Dr's just signed E's medical release! :dance3::yay: MAW is ordering the plane tickets today and our dates will be Dec. 5-16(my uncle is donating days in his timeshare to extend our trip) We are so relieved and excited. So much planning to do now!

We will be praying for Lisa and your whole family.:hug:

That's coming up soon! Have a great trip!

Well, I don't know what happened but the hospital must have changed their minds because MAW just called us and one of their Dr's just signed E's medical release! :dance3::yay: MAW is ordering the plane tickets today and our dates will be Dec. 5-16(my uncle is donating days in his timeshare to extend our trip) We are so relieved and excited. So much planning to do now!

So excited for you guys! What a blessing. We will be there Dec. 9-15 so maybe we'll see each other! :)

Just curious: How long are the character meals usually? We are looking at booking on at Akershus at EPCOT.

Aslo, please pray for Emily. She's been pretty sick today. :( Hoping we can get past this and be ready for our trip in less than 6 weeks!

Just curious: How long are the character meals usually? We are looking at booking on at Akershus at EPCOT.

Aslo, please pray for Emily. She's been pretty sick today. :( Hoping we can get past this and be ready for our trip in less than 6 weeks!

I can't really answer about DW character meals, but I know at DL they usually last about an hour give or take, depending on how long we want to stay.

Saying prayers that Emily feels better soon.:hug:

Hello! Our son had his wish granted in Nov 2008 and we have a wonderful Wish trip. For those of you planning, get ready for the experience of a lifetime.

We are heading out for a 4 night Disney cruise in March, and hoping to stay in Orlando for a couple of days either side. We'd like to visit GKTW after the cruise for an afternoon - my inlaws are also coming, so the boys will be thrilled to show their grandparents what we experienced. And it should make getting off Mickey's boat a little easier!

What's the process for returning for a visit? Do we call ahead? Do we bring identification from our son's Wish Trip? Do we need his star coordinates or can they look that up? Also, there is a special paver I'd like to say a prayer at - can they help me find it or should I approach the family of a special little guy who was taken too soon?

Finally, I was thinking it would be nice to make some kind of donation/contribution. We're from Canada and making a financial donation is a bit more complicated via cheque etc. I had 2 ideas: will they take a cash donation? Could we head to either the Walmart or somewhere else for some WDW souvenirs (or other items) and load up for a donation of items? How could I learn what items are most needed?

This visit will be all about rekindling some of the special memories, as it's beena bit of a tough year. I hope we'll visit again, this time to volunteer as the boys will be old enough.

Thanks, sorry this was long!
Alison

Hello! Our son had his wish granted in Nov 2008 and we have a wonderful Wish trip. For those of you planning, get ready for the experience of a lifetime.

We are heading out for a 4 night Disney cruise in March, and hoping to stay in Orlando for a couple of days either side. We'd like to visit GKTW after the cruise for an afternoon - my inlaws are also coming, so the boys will be thrilled to show their grandparents what we experienced. And it should make getting off Mickey's boat a little easier!

What's the process for returning for a visit? Do we call ahead? Do we bring identification from our son's Wish Trip? Do we need his star coordinates or can they look that up? Also, there is a special paver I'd like to say a prayer at - can they help me find it or should I approach the family of a special little guy who was taken too soon?

Finally, I was thinking it would be nice to make some kind of donation/contribution. We're from Canada and making a financial donation is a bit more complicated via cheque etc. I had 2 ideas: will they take a cash donation? Could we head to either the Walmart or somewhere else for some WDW souvenirs (or other items) and load up for a donation of items? How could I learn what items are most needed?

This visit will be all about rekindling some of the special memories, as it's beena bit of a tough year. I hope we'll visit again, this time to volunteer as the boys will be old enough.

Thanks, sorry this was long!
Alison

Alison, We were a return family...on Lisa’s WISH TRIP! We extended our trip by four days and returned after we checked out. We also saw two returning families while we were at staying at GKTW. While we heard three different sets of ways to handle returning families (always depends on who you talk to, it seems) it was basically the same...we were given a meal voucher, ice cream voucher (didn’t need it) and the run of the village to explore, play and enjoy! It was so much fun to be a returning guest and see new families come in (I know we all remember that wide eye look of wonder upon our first day)! We were able to help answer some questions (hung out at the Ice Cream Parlor and Katie's Kitchen some and shared a bit of knowledge and excitement from our trip for those who asked). Lisa had a huge bag of candy and happily went around asking parents if she could offer some to their children...(only one Mom said no, there was too much junky food at this place already with the ice cream, snow cones, cotton candy and cookies). We had a GREAT time as a return family and met two of the sweetest college students at the Train Station who I have already invited to come to Charlotte to visit. One of the girls actually attended the elementary school Christian attended for fifth grade and she was a year behind him, although she is older. As far as donations...I would get a money order vs cash when you go to Walmart...however, you could call or email and ask them if cash would be a problem. GKTW Website has a list of their wishes/needs at this link. I hope that helps. W just pulled up to the security station, identified ourselves as a past wish family and they let us in. No one was manning the gate that day and it was still not a problem, just go straight to the house of hearts and ENJOY! As for the paver, I would ask at the desk or again you could email. If it is a little wish tripper who recently passed, his paver is near the carousel...
If you have your passport with the star coordinates I would bring it. They played a little game with Lisa and the Star Fairy to find her star, it was so fun and Lisa loved it.
I hope you have an AMAZING TIME!!!!

Got one day planned out for our trip! Very excited to have made the girls' BBB appointments!

Does anyone know if Wish families get any sort of priority seating for Fantasmic at DHS? Some friends of ours suggested purchasing the dinner package for guaranteed section seating at the show, but we are really trying to save money.

Our wish granter came today and brought our paperwork...it makes everything seem so much more real! We leave on Tuesday morning and couldn't be any more excited.

I updated our pre-trip report to include today's visit (which already had some pixie dust sprinkled in. I am continually in awe of how generous our MAW chapter has been.

I asked this on the Disney Restaurants thread, but wanted to post the question here as well. You have all been such a wealth of information...hoping you can help with this question too.

"We have accumulated quite a bit of Disney dollars over the past few years using our Disney Chase Visa card. We will definitely be using the rewards card in the park, but I am curious as to which restaurants outside of the four Disney parks will accept Disney rewards.

I'm thinking maybe restaurants located at Downtown Disney but I'm not 100% sure.

Anyone know for sure?"

Thanks!!

Pictures of Daniel...aka newdrama12.

8fcf916f.jpg

1c98649a.jpg

612dd860.jpg

I recognized him the first night we were at GKTW by his robe...

Goodnight all, enjoy dreaming of Disney...

Pictures of Daniel...aka newdrama12.

8fcf916f.jpg

1c98649a.jpg

612dd860.jpg

I recognized him the first night we were at GKTW by his robe...

Goodnight all, enjoy dreaming of Disney...

Aw, the Wizard! We enjoyed Daniel's company while we were in Disney. We chatted with him several times and he helped Brooke with her star and pillow! Good to see his face here! What a great volunteer.

Check out my trip report for some Super, Amazing INCREDIBLE news!!! And--one helluva photo. (Excuse the language, but dang! It's a good one!)

Should I email my wish grantors for an update? My husband is getting concerned as we approach the requested months for our trip and wants to make sure he is able to request vacation in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter