Make a Wish (and other organizations) ~ Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume FIVE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about the ordering pizza at GKTW? They did that in 4/10 when we were there....also, at some parties they had cookies and popcorn. Also had popcorn at the movie theater back then, but maybe it has changed? We werent really there much during the day, but bought some snacky things and drinks at the walmart down the street ( :

Pizza is available to order anytime between 7-10:30PM. At some of the evening parties, they do have cookies or cupcakes, popcorn, and sno cones. None are availble is afternoon though.

We got our dates today!!!!! Guess you'll have to check out our pre-trip report to find out....

Thanks for all the input re: snacks at GKTW. We are definitely making a Wal-Mart run when we get down there...I was trying to get an idea of how heavy of snacks I should get for the week.

Abigail is a grazer when it comes to eating....she might eat what amounts to half of a child's serving of food and be full...then want to eat again about 1.5 hours later. I'm sure she will enjoy the ice cream but want to have other options for her as well.

We are getting close....our wish granter is coming next Wednesday morning to bring our paperwork/airplane tickets/etc. I'm sure it will seem even more real then!

We have our rental van and we are leaving in the morning for DisneyWorld! Synovial:banana::banana::dance3::dance3:
Have a super fun trip!!! Drive safe!!

We got our dates today!!!!! Guess you'll have to check out our pre-trip report to find out....
Yay!!! You will be checking in the day before we check out. We'll have to look for eachother!! Planning is the best part!!

Thanks for all the input re: snacks at GKTW. We are definitely making a Wal-Mart run when we get down there...I was trying to get an idea of how heavy of snacks I should get for the week.

Abigail is a grazer when it comes to eating....she might eat what amounts to half of a child's serving of food and be full...then want to eat again about 1.5 hours later. I'm sure she will enjoy the ice cream but want to have other options for her as well.

We are getting close....our wish granter is coming next Wednesday morning to bring our paperwork/airplane tickets/etc. I'm sure it will seem even more real then!
Owen is the same way.. he LOVES to snack. We are stocking up on healthy stuff at Walmart.. Fruits/Veggies/Granola. We always load up on junk at the parks and feel so crummy by the end of the day. It's nice to at least balance it out with healthy snacks.

It'll be totally real when you get your tickets and paperwork!!!

I'm joining in here! We just received notice that my son will be getting a wish from MAW! Right now he is trying to decide between Disney World and Mickey's boat. Either way, I don't think he can go wrong!

Hello I thought i would come to this board since I am a make a wish child :-) I have seizures and have been having them at school now there are a few kids making fun of me because of it. I'm happy though because i'm going to disney world over Christmas :woohoo:

Really bummed that Cinderella's Royal Table is booked up for the entire week that we will be there. Now I need to decide between 1900 Park Fare and Akershus. Any suggestions? Emily really wants to do BBB and then dine like a princess!

Really bummed that Cinderella's Royal Table is booked up for the entire week that we will be there. Now I need to decide between 1900 Park Fare and Akershus. Any suggestions? Emily really wants to do BBB and then dine like a princess!

We have reservations at Akershus. It depends on which Princesses the girls really want to see. 1900 Park Fare has Cinderella, Prince Charming and the step sisters. My kids don't care about Cinderella, but Owen loves Mulan and Belle, so we decided on Akershus. Check out the Menus on allears.net for all the restaurants.. that helped us make our choice! :) Also.. keep checking CRT daily because people cancel. I'm so excited you are going in December!!

Hello I thought i would come to this board since I am a make a wish child :-) I have seizures and have been having them at school now there are a few kids making fun of me because of it. I'm happy though because i'm going to disney world over Christmas :woohoo:

Sorry did not realize I was under my moms account but that lost post was supposed to be by me.

So - Somewhat LESS than 9 months and 2 weeks until your Disney trip? WOoHOO! Are you staying at GKTW?

I wanted to answer this the other day; however, ran out of time. We have been back one week and this was our experience with the food, etc. Keep in mind I have three of us (the girls) who don't eat a lot and three of us (the guys) who eat EVERYTHING! We ordered pizza EVERY NIGHT, except for one, while we were at the village. Thursday and Friday it came promptly (Less than 10 minutes) and it was delicious (better Thursday vs Friday; however, still good). We had six in our villa, so we were able to order three pizza each night along with up to 6 sodas/waters per night. I think for every two poeple you get one pizza which is more than plenty. They serve Pepsi products in cans from the Pizza Shack, (I think that is what they called the pizzaria),as well as bottled water. The pizza choices are meat (I think it was sausage, ham and pepperoni) Cheese or Veggie (olives, onions, mushrooms and peppers...I don't care for olives so I ordered without...Pete LIKES olives so he would "forget" to say no olives). I LOVED the Veggie Pizza the best; however, one piece truly filled me up so late at night. Four pieces each and the guys were full too; however, by the end of the trip we were only ordering two because we had leftovers. Saturday night, the children were STARVING after they were tucked in bed so we ordered pizza, thinking it would arrive in 10 minutes. Thirty minutes later I called back to see if there was a problem or if they had lost our order...they told us they were backed up and would have it over in 10 minutes. An hour after we ordered, the girls had fallen asleep without eating and the guys were about to. I called to cancel the pizza delivery and they said it was on its way already...ten minutes later, they showed up and YES, my three guys ate. They had forgotten our sodas/water and told us they would be right back with our drinks...I am still waiting on those drinks... :lmao::rotfl2: Sunday we learned our lesson so we called as soon as we hit the villa and the children were getting their baths...it took an hour that night as well. Monday night, they were back to the 10 minute delivery time.

We discovered about many things while at GKTW that depending on the amount of volunteers they had available on any given day/place, experiences changed. Weekends were much more sparse than weekdays and there were a lot of high school groups on fall break volunteering. We met some amazing people while we were there.

As for food...we had plenty; although not necessarily what you want to eat all of the time. We got lunch from Katie's Kitchen most days (they serve lunch until 4, then dinner until 10, I think, and Lisa wasn't able to stay at the parks for long days). My favorite was the chicken salad sandwich, with a side. The girls and I could only eat half our sandwiches, so when we checked out of GKTW and into our hotel, we had a lot of half sandwiches we took with us. We also took them to the park in my little cooler to save on the cost of food while we were out.

I found the lack of fresh fruit to be surprising, although I could get a banana every day and you could also get bananas in the ice cream shop...and you didn't have to eat it in ice cream either...although you could have. :lmao::lmao:

I hope this might help someone in their planning of meal, etc. I also wanted to mention you can get fountain drinks of COKE products at the Gingerbread House (Breakfast and dinner location) as well as at Katie's Kitchen and the Ice Cream Shop. There was also supposed to be a cookie cart; however, we NEVER saw it. We found out mid-trip you could get cookies from Katie's Kitchen...yummy chocolate chip.

I wanted to say WELCOME to all of the New Wishtrippers and to those waiting on trips and dates...savor each moment, it will go by much too quickly. We have been home a week and it feels like a year.

One short week from today, Lisa will be admitted to the hospital ten hours from our home to wean off of her coumadin and on to heparin so that she can have a cardiac cath on November 9. If you pray, I ask you to keep her and the entire family in your prayers please.

For newdrama...I have a great photo of you, may I post it?

Just wanted to give a quick update on what's happening. The hospital's final word was that they were going to refuse to sign off on the wish. We've been going back and forth with MAW and they said their hands were tied so we asked if we could have his local Doctor sign off and MAW said yes so we're working on that right now. We have messages left so hopefully someone will get in contact with us today or tomorrow. If that falls through my DH just got a job 5 hours north of us so we could push a move up and transfer to another hospital there and have to switch wish chapters. MAW confirmed that he will not be losing his wish like the social worker was trying to tell us and that things should just transfer easily if needed. I'm hoping all these problems won't change our dates too much. Thank you for all the support!:lovestruc

A few questions:

1. How is travel between the different Disney parks done? Do you have to drive and park at each one, or can you park at one and then use monorail or bus to the other parks?

2. About how far is DTD from the parks? Is there transportation between DTD and the parks?

3. Are the Wish lounges at MK and EPCOT open the whole time the park is open or are they only open certain hours?

4. If we buy tickets to MVMCP, to we have to use one of our MK days as well, or is that a separate event?

5. Are we allowed to bring guests into GKTW to see it? We have friends flying in for part of the trip and wanted to show GKTW to them.

Leaving for Orlando November 11 and Mikey's Make a wish starts on Nov 13th at GKTW. Any other family going to be at GKTW during this time. Also are there any exciting events going on at disney or universal nov 14-18th:cheer2:

Just wanted to give a quick update on what's happening. The hospital's final word was that they were going to refuse to sign off on the wish. We've been going back and forth with MAW and they said their hands were tied so we asked if we could have his local Doctor sign off and MAW said yes so we're working on that right now. We have messages left so hopefully someone will get in contact with us today or tomorrow. If that falls through my DH just got a job 5 hours north of us so we could push a move up and transfer to another hospital there and have to switch wish chapters. MAW confirmed that he will not be losing his wish like the social worker was trying to tell us and that things should just transfer easily if needed. I'm hoping all these problems won't change our dates too much. Thank you for all the support!:lovestruc
I am so sorry you are having such a hard time with this. Ugh. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that your local Doc will sign off on the trip!!!

A few questions:

1. How is travel between the different Disney parks done? Do you have to drive and park at each one, or can you park at one and then use monorail or bus to the other parks?

I have the same question?! I know Animal Kingdom you just park and walk in. I think Magic Kingdom is more complicated.. like park and take a tram and then the monorail. Curious to know too!!

2. About how far is DTD from the parks? Is there transportation between DTD and the parks?

Another great question that I have been wanting to ask.

3. Are the Wish lounges at MK and EPCOT open the whole time the park is open or are they only open certain hours?

I was hoping they were open the entire time that the park is!

4. If we buy tickets to MVMCP, to we have to use one of our MK days as well, or is that a separate event?

I know this one!! MVMCP is totally seperate. No MK tickets need to be purchased for the day.. you just buy the MVMCP tickets for admission. Also.. I think they say 7pm on the tickets, but I have read on the DIS that you can get in at 4pm!!

5. Are we allowed to bring guests into GKTW to see it? We have friends flying in for part of the trip and wanted to show GKTW to them.
I am 95% sure this is a yes!! I can't imagine why not?!.

Leaving for Orlando November 11 and Mikey's Make a wish starts on Nov 13th at GKTW. Any other family going to be at GKTW during this time. Also are there any exciting events going on at disney or universal nov 14-18th:cheer2:

That is so soon!! I'm excited for ya'll. I don't have any answers to your questions, but just wanted to say HAVE FUN!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter