Make a Wish (and other organizations) ~ Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume FIVE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
MapQuest says 40 miles from GKTW to Legoland and 51 minutes. Being local, and having been to Legoland last month, I would say that the 51 minutes is with no other traffic on the road and all traffic lights green when you come to them. I would say that 1¼ hours would be more likely.

Also, I earlier posted information here about some access at Legoland. After I go to the Annual Passholder's first Preview Day next Monday I will post a lot more information. And Sue has told me she will post a link to my thread in the sticky.

Cheshire Figment, I have a question for you please. I remember reading (unless I dreamed it, which is quite possible) that you work the water parks and if you (and other cast members) see a Wish Family you will wave them through the line without having to pay...is that correct? Do you have any tips of how/where to display the button to try and make that happen? Lisa told me yesterday she "really, really wants to go to Blizzard Beach."

Cheshire Figment, I have a question for you please. I remember reading (unless I dreamed it, which is quite possible) that you work the water parks and if you (and other cast members) see a Wish Family you will wave them through the line without having to pay...is that correct? Do you have any tips of how/where to display the button to try and make that happen? Lisa told me yesterday she "really, really wants to go to Blizzard Beach."
Technically this is not an official policy. However, I know that our normal procedure when a family with GKTW and MAW identification come up to the gates we will let them in. I know that one time a family came to my ticket window to buy tickets and I just told them to go to the gate.

Just ask at the Gate; if the greeter does not let you in go over to a Guest Relations window and ask.

Webkinz if fun! You can spend a lot of time on that site (um I have heard;) ). Ok I have a webkinz LOL.

There is also a Disney faries site where you can create your own fairy and play games.

Yes we have had webkinz. That is a great idea! She would love the Disney fairies site as well. She has played the Disney website forever.

Thank you for the welcome! I got sucked in last night with all of the information and didn't get to bed until 2AM! Not good for an already sleep deprived mom, but I am just so excited! Are you going to MNSSHP? Have you already bought tickets for it yet? It is hard to decided what to do!

We are definitely spending one day at the Kennedy Space Center as Jared LOVES space! Part of his wish was that he wanted to "go to space with MOM"! I'm not sure how to make that part of his wish happen but I figured that the Space Center would be the place to try!

Mom:love:. Dad (Jeff):cool1:, Tyler (13) :cool2:, Alyssa (10)princess: Jared (MAW Kid) 6 :yay:

Thank you for the welcome! I got sucked in last night with all of the information and didn't get to bed until 2AM! Not good for an already sleep deprived mom, but I am just so excited! Are you going to MNSSHP? Have you already bought tickets for it yet? It is hard to decided what to do!

We are definitely spending one day at the Kennedy Space Center as Jared LOVES space! Part of his wish was that he wanted to "go to space with MOM"! I'm not sure how to make that part of his wish happen but I figured that the Space Center would be the place to try!

We are not going to the MNSSHP, but Blessedmom4 is. We are going to go to Seaworld on Sunday as Seaworld has a special Halloween event. Its HARD to decide what to do, there is so much to do, and to truely enjoy GKTW as well!

We are going to go the beach one day as none of my kids have seen the ocean. They are very excited about that. We are also going to try to get a ride on an airboat on beach day. My son very much wants to do this, and Gabbie I'm thinking would love it. She is a fearless thrill seaker much like her big brother.

I think we're about 95% sure that we are going to skip Universal Studios. As fun as that might be, I think its geared just slightly more towards older kids, and as Gabbie isn't as into the characters there we're going to focus more on Disney. I personally want to go to Universal quite a bit, so hopefully we'll get to come back some day and do that!

Good luck on the planning!

I am so excited hearing everyone's plans. Matthew's wish isn't until April so hearing everyone's trip keeps me from going insane. It's also so nice to hear how everyone trips went and seeing the happy photos of the wish children's dreams come true. I know i can't wait. I have been driving my husband crazy. I been pretty much planning everything he has only asked to dine at 50's Prime Time Cafe and Le Cellier Steakhouse and he definitely wants to go to WWoHP. everything else doesn't care. I know matthew wants to go on Dumbo ride he has a stuff Dumbo that we got for him two years ago that he carries every where. He wants to ride the Disney train and go in the Bone yard at AK and some roller coasters but i don't know who many considering he is only 38 and half inches. I hoping he grows at least another inch and a half. I have a rough itinerary but i keep changing it but I will have to make finalize one by the end of this month because i have to make restaurant reservations by October 17th. Does anyone know if you have to reserve seats for Three Broom Stick at Universal Studios. I will put the itinerary up in two weeks. :woohoo:

Just a little tip: go by the dollar tree and get some packs of cheap ponchos and take them with you everyday into the park, because although no rain is in the forecast, lots of times it rains anyway and you will be prepared and not have to buy one of the expensive ponchos in the park on the spur of the moment and besides the cheap ponchos don't take up much room in your pocket. 22 days until we're at Disneyworld! Synovial:cheer2:

Has anyone heard much about Harry Potter's Wizarding World? My two older kids really want to go, but I'm not sure how Jared will do with it. Any tips? Also, we are going to spend a day at the Kennedy Space Center. Does anyone have any suggestions for visiting that?

Congratulations on your approval!!!

Joining this thread! Jacob's MAW trip has been approved and we have a date of Feb 23-29th! DH and I went to WDW in 2000 but haven't been back since and our kids have never been. We are all super super excited. Jacob's biggest Wish was for Legoland but he also wants to go to WDW and Universal Studios. I'm overwhelmed by all there is to do. I want this to be a memorable and special trip for him (and his sister too!). He has Leukemia (ALL) and was diagnosed last July. Tomorrow will mark 2 more years left of chemotherapy for him.

Looking forward to reading and learning in the next four months as we plan his trip! I have a feeling I might get addicted to this board. LOL!

How sweet! My dd turns 6 the first full day we are there and I cannpt wait to make some special memories for her!
I have a question! :)

You had mentioned that there was a Halloween party planned for Mondays now in October, can you tell me a little bit about that? My daughters 7th bday is that day, and we are for sure going to HS on that day to see Ariel. We were going to eat dinner at HS too, but when Sophia caught wind of me talking about a possible party, she goes, "well, if its my birthday, and there's a party, I should be there!" LOL

Gabbie, in her sweet little self also added, well yeah, if they are having a party, we should go for my sister!

We are all getting way past excited here!

Thank you for the info!!

There are four or five different stations with different activities and crafts. I was there last night and my station was cars themed, so we had a sheriff's car, a fire truck, and a race car that kids could learn about and get inside of. There is also lots of trick or treating spots as well. Mayor Clayton and Ms. Merry will be there and all of the volunteers are in costume.

I am so sorry to hear this. My kids like webkinz, club penguin, postopia, Bella Sara, BK Kids and I am not sure what else. I will have to ask when they get home.

Well It has been determined that DeAnna has a 2nd tumor in her nasal cavity. They are removing her nose and the tissue behind it on the 19th of October. ( will post the details on my PTR site for those intersted). However, she is really needing something to focus on over the next two weeks. I let her pick the house rental for the 2nd week we are staying, but anyone have some ideas of videos or websites (other than disney) that we can use as a distraction.

Thanks

Savanna Garrity

I am so sorry to hear he is not feeling well. We leave in 2 days and I am on the second day of antibiotics and steroids and I have 2 who are just getting over being sick and 2 just getting sick. Praying they are well in 2 days!

Matthew is getting sick. His bark cough started up and he is all congested. We are waiting for his doctor to send a new prescription in so he can get his nebulizer treatments. His lungs were clear all summer for once and know its starting to sound course. Then the ear infections will start up and so on. The season i dread the most fall and winter.

Welcome! We leave in 2 days, so it sounds like we will just miss you. Have an awesome time!

I wish that I had found this sooner! We will be leaving in 9 days and there is so much that I could be learning!

My little miracle, Jared, is the reason we are going on this trip. He was born with only one, little, sick, kidney and was in kidney failure from birth. He received a kidney transplant just after he turned two. He is now 6 years old! I can't believe it! He is also hearing impaired and struggles a bit with everything, but his amazing little spirit is contagious! He is a blessing in our lives! And he is so excited to go to DisneyWorld!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=42861648 Jared's PTP![/IMG]
0p11n8epgnfno2sd.png

Thank you! I am feeling better. SOund be 100% (thankfully) by the time we leave! The kids are on the mend, mostly. We are so busy and so excited that it is crazy!

EXCITING plans! I do hope you are all feeling MUCH better...you leave in THREE days!!!! :yay::woohoo::yay:

Thanks so much for the online game suggestions. This week is fall break so she can spend some time checking out all the suggestions! :goodvibes

We leave in less than 7 hours! this is crazy! So excited!!!:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
:banana::banana:

HAVE A BLAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We will look for you at the pirates and princess party...or breakfast on Saturday!

I posted pics of Gabbie's official granting mini party....it was a blast to see her happy face.

We leave on Friday! CAN"T WAIT!!

Sounds good! Hope to see you there. If not have an amazing trip!!!!!!

HAVE A BLAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We will look for you at the pirates and princess party...or breakfast on Saturday!

I posted pics of Gabbie's official granting mini party....it was a blast to see her happy face.

We leave on Friday! CAN"T WAIT!!

Wow! There are several wish families leaving this week! I hope you all have a really great time!! Can't wait to hear all about it!!

i hope brandon's family feels better by the time you leave for your trip. I hope you guys have a great time on your trip to orlando.:cheer2:

I hope everyone leaving this week has a great trip!

We're still waiting to hear from Make-A-Wish about Rachel's trip.

I hope everyone leaving this week has a great trip!

We're still waiting to hear from Make-A-Wish about Rachel's trip.

I hope you hear from MAW soon!! I saw on your siggy that you are going to be the there 2-14th of December. Those are our exact dates.. so maybe we'll run into eachother!

How do I put a countdown in my signature?

Thanks

Go here... http://distickers.com/ticker/.. make a ticker that you like. Then you just use the code they provide and copy/paste it into your signature!! Let me know if you need more help! I am so excited for you guys. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter