• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Make a Wish (and other organizations!) - Wish Trippers...UNITE!! Volume 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for all of you that have done this before "Is the photopass really worth it? We will have 2 or 3 other cameras...It is really worth paying afor more pictures? I realize this is a once in a lifetime trip and I have it in the cart with cd and picture and code for 127.00 just wondering if it is worth it?

Question for all of you that have done this before "Is the photopass really worth it? We will have 2 or 3 other cameras...It is really worth paying afor more pictures? I realize this is a once in a lifetime trip and I have it in the cart with cd and picture and code for 127.00 just wondering if it is worth it?

I am a very frugal person. However, I think it is definitely worth it. They took some pictures that I just did not get. However, it may have been because my camera was not as good as the one they used.

Hello! I know that there are several of you out there who have been following this thread for many months, and have come to know many of our wonderful Wish Trippers. I'm writing with an update on a couple of them, for those of you who don't necessarily follow their family blogs.

First, Noah - dear, sweet Noah - is here in Toronto for all kinds of investigations. We live close to the hospital and I just got back from meeting Noah and his mum, Nichole. We have a lovely visit! Noah is such a swwet, bubbly child with a smile that melts your heart instantaneously. Brad (Noah's Dad/Nichole's hubby) was able to be here for the first week, but Noah and Nichole on alone together now. She was able to get a room at Ronald McDonald house. I witnessed how Noah has completely captivated the staff and volunteers. Nichole is updating her blog daily (so far). Tomorrow, Noah is going in for surgery - exploratory work to learn more about what's going on with his G/I anatomy, stoma etc...with some work on his ear tubes as a bonus! The surgery is in the morning, but Nichole is not sure how long. I expect it will be a while until she gets a chance to update via the blog. She seems to be quite pleased with the level of care at Sick Kids and the approach the docs are taking. And Noah is looking very, very good.

Next, the Greenawalt family. Some of you are following their blog and postings here. Their youngest, Savannah, recently had a muscle biopsy in Atlanta (as well as all kinds of other things) to investigate what's behind her lack of weight gain, and delayed motor development. She's another sweetie with a bright smile that could light the world. Mum Amber wrote a very detailed post on her blog about the Atlanta trip. Amber has also had some health concerns lately herself. And, it's their eldest, Sebastian, who is the Wish Child. Sebastian went for new scans yesterday - and received good news. However, he was complaining during the day of pain - "my sides hurt." In the end they took him to Emergency for a long night, came home, but she has posted around noon that they are headed back to the children's hospital for admission. They have had such a tough time, and I pray that Sebastian will be fine soon.

Just thought you'd want to know, and please consider adding both these families to your prayers.

Alison
PS Has anyone had any news of Rebecca lately?

Ok so I pre-ordered it, now how do I get it once we add pictures to it when we get back? I ordered the book too because it looks like a nice book and this is a special trip!

Found a neat tip. Try to go family walks every night to help mom, dad, brothers and sisters build up their endurance. Wish kids too, if they are able. We know Dev may not make the whole distance, but DD9 is going to have to walk. We are starting with around the block. They say the average family walks 2-4 miles a during their trip! :scared1: I'm not sure that I'm u p to that.

We booked at Goofy's kitchen for Thursday mornning. They have PB&J pizza. YUCK, but that's what the kids want.

My husband would say....."walk until your legs and feet hurt, and then walk 3 more miles" That should do it.

I do think it is worth it...and IF you get home (and have prepaid for it) you can get your money back if you don't think it is worth it. They will just refund you. But because of the number of characters you will see, they just snap and snap pics as you see them, and you won't have to worry about missing that special moment by grabbing for your camera each place. It should free you up a little bit. Especially if you plan a lot of character lines, which I highly recommend on a wish trip (since it is not a long wait and you get great character interaction).

Hello! I know that there are several of you out there who have been following this thread for many months, and have come to know many of our wonderful Wish Trippers. I'm writing with an update on a couple of them, for those of you who don't necessarily follow their family blogs.

First, Noah - dear, sweet Noah - is here in Toronto for all kinds of investigations. We live close to the hospital and I just got back from meeting Noah and his mum, Nichole. We have a lovely visit! Noah is such a swwet, bubbly child with a smile that melts your heart instantaneously. Brad (Noah's Dad/Nichole's hubby) was able to be here for the first week, but Noah and Nichole on alone together now. She was able to get a room at Ronald McDonald house. I witnessed how Noah has completely captivated the staff and volunteers. Nichole is updating her blog daily (so far). Tomorrow, Noah is going in for surgery - exploratory work to learn more about what's going on with his G/I anatomy, stoma etc...with some work on his ear tubes as a bonus! The surgery is in the morning, but Nichole is not sure how long. I expect it will be a while until she gets a chance to update via the blog. She seems to be quite pleased with the level of care at Sick Kids and the approach the docs are taking. And Noah is looking very, very good.

Next, the Greenawalt family. Some of you are following their blog and postings here. Their youngest, Savannah, recently had a muscle biopsy in Atlanta (as well as all kinds of other things) to investigate what's behind her lack of weight gain, and delayed motor development. She's another sweetie with a bright smile that could light the world. Mum Amber wrote a very detailed post on her blog about the Atlanta trip. Amber has also had some health concerns lately herself. And, it's their eldest, Sebastian, who is the Wish Child. Sebastian went for new scans yesterday - and received good news. However, he was complaining during the day of pain - "my sides hurt." In the end they took him to Emergency for a long night, came home, but she has posted around noon that they are headed back to the children's hospital for admission. They have had such a tough time, and I pray that Sebastian will be fine soon.

Just thought you'd want to know, and please consider adding both these families to your prayers.

Alison
PS Has anyone had any news of Rebecca lately?

I am so glad you got to meet Noah and I have been keeping up with those guys! Isn't Noah adorable? His pictures are so cute, but he has a presence about him that is just so cute...I just want to squeeze his cheeks. And was he giggling for you guys? Anyway...he is so cute.

THANK YOU for the update on Amber's family. I had been keeping up and I had seen the Atlanta post, but missed the recent developments....so I am glad you updated us!!

THANK YOU MAROO!!!!!! You have helped us so much.

I went to the link you provided and ordered the cd and the book.

I also did tell both people I talked to that it was a wish trip and they both said that you had to book through the travel agency to pre-order. UGGGG!

Thank you for the code because of that and pre-ordering my total for the book and cd was only 124 dollars:dance3::cool1::cool1::cool1:

I am still (even after typing this three time now) :rotfl: very irritated with Disney Photopass on this. :headache: Do you mind PM'g me the phone number that you called? And even a name, if you have one? I want them to make this available to all wish families - always - they should since we don't get "travel agents" for our trips.

And you are very welcome!

I really enjoy hanging out on here and I feel like I am paying it forward for all of the help we got on Lauren's wish trip! :goodvibes

10 days to go!! I guess I should think about packing...:rolleyes1
I finally got some pictures on our pre trip report :banana:
Mary Anne

Hi everyone. I have posted pics from the latest Big Give. I took alot of pics so bear with me. My kids really love all the items they have recieved and you have made my dd's wish trip so much more special. Thank you so much.

Those were great pics and the kiddos look so happy with their goodies! Your trip is getting so close! I'm so excited I feel like *I'M* going! :laughing:

Hi everyone, just wanted to post a quick update: I got a call yesterday from Malia's wish coordinator and she told me that she was talking to one of her local companies that donates to MAW and...Pixie dust!!!.....they decieded to donate a/the 3 day disney park hopper tickets for my parents (originally they would have to have bought them)! That's so awesome :woohoo::yay:

I couldn't sleep last night, I'm just like the disney commercials, too excited to sleep!!

Hi everyone, just wanted to post a quick update: I got a call yesterday from Malia's wish coordinator and she told me that she was talking to one of her local companies that donates to MAW and...Pixie dust!!!.....they decieded to donate a/the 3 day disney park hopper tickets for my parents (originally they would have to have bought them)! That's so awesome :woohoo::yay:

I couldn't sleep last night, I'm just like the disney commercials, too excited to sleep!!

How exciting. That really is awsome. Make A Wish seems like go above and beyond to make the trip special and easy. Only 2 more days! I didn't sleep to good last night either, just think how the kids feel. Hopefully we will see you at the Christmas party. Have a great trip!

How exiting is that MAW was able to get those tickets. MAW is such a wonderful organization. Can not wait to hear the details of your trip.

This is so cool! What a fantastic gesture by that company and MAW - to add some magic to your trip! I am so excited for you guys!!

When you get to GKTW...make sure and ask if they happen to have an extra Universal and Sea World ticket, too... because I am sure some families skip those to be able to spend all their time at Disney. I am not sure if GKTW will do it...but it shouldn't hurt to ask. :confused3 Especially since you got the Disney tickets already.

Have fun!!!!

Really bad news was just delivered to us.:mad:

My husband won't be making the trip with us.:sad2: For those of you who don't know my DH hasn't been on a vacation with us ever! His work will never guarantee his vacation time so therefore he has never went. We thought this time it was a good to go thing because it was part of my DD's wish. He was told last night that he wouldn't be going and he delivered the news to me this morning. We broke it to my daughter who instantly started crying hesterically. This is a bad start to our trip. I really hope my dd gets more excited about going. It just breaks my heart. Now I also have to frantically try to find someone who can get off work on such a short notice to go with us. I will go by myself if need be but boy looking at all the work involved it doesn't sound like such a vacation for one adult to handle with a special needs child:scared:.

I am waiting for my mom to get home from her 2nd job to see if there is anyway she can get off from both jobs on such short notice to go with us. Keeping my fingers crossed.

My gosh. I am so sorry! I can't imagine any boss not letting an employee off for a wish trip. :sad2: my boss let me off and paid me even though I had only been on his payroll full time for a week. And I am just the nurse. I hope your mom can get off.

I am so sorry.

But you guys will still have a blast!

I can't believe this just happened to us. About 15 minutes after I posted the phone rings and it is my husband's work. I thought they were calling him in for more overtime. Nope I was wrong. They told my DH that another officer heard about his situation and that it was a wish trip for DD and wanted to give him his approved time off of work which happens to be from Wednesday the 24th to Sunday the 28th. My DH will have to use his own time of course but to give up a vacation time for my little DD. I can't believe it. He said he wasn't doing anything special anyway but I am still in awe! What an amazing person.

I can't believe this just happened to us. About 15 minutes after I posted the phone rings and it is my husband's work. I thought they were calling him in for more overtime. Nope I was wrong. They told my DH that another officer heard about his situation and that it was a wish trip for DD and wanted to give him his approved time off of work which happens to be from Wednesday the 24th to Sunday the 28th. My DH will have to use his own time of course but to give up a vacation time for my little DD. I can't believe it. He said he wasn't doing anything special anyway but I am still in awe! What an amazing person.

Trying to type through the tears...That is so wonderful! It is good to know there are good people out there :yay:
I am glad things are working out for you!
Mary Anne

That was the quickest answer to prayer ever!

God answered my prayer before I prayed it.

I am so excited for you guys!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter