• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Make a Wish (and other organizations!) - Wish Trippers...UNITE!! Volume 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this has been already answered but my question is more like a clarification type of thing, the sheet of genie stickers that MAW gives us in the MAW packet, does it give you the same "magic" that the GKTW buttons that I've heard so much about? If anyone could clarify this for me that would be much appreicated :goodvibes

We got the sheet of stickers...never used them. All you need is your button that you will get at GKTW. :)

O.K. I have been reading so many reports today and so far I have loved them all!!!!!
You guys & gals are so informative. I really really don't know how I would have made it through this trip w/o you all. So now for the question that has been bugging me half of the day.

I was reading some reports and noticed that noone has mentioned going to the wet n wild. Does anyone know anything about it? My dd really wants to go but I think that is something we could do on a return trip. I want her Magical trip to be completely magical and not waste a day on a water park that we could do anytime. Am I making sense???????? Or just being plain confusing!

If anyone has info on this please share it. My son also wants to do the pirates dinner show (we told him he could pick out one thing to do). I am really leaning on staying in the parks and getting all we can out of this **special** once in a lifetime trip. Please help!!!!!

Finally, we are back! We thought we were going to be at home, it lasted 32hours. After a 31 day stay with multiple organism blood infection we are home and on our road to recovery. However, we had to reschedule our trip. We are supposed to be at DL right now, but Dev has not been cleared by the drs. yet. We have been home 15 days now. We our now going July 8-12. I did get a call from DL and they are going to set up for Dev to meet Darth Vader. He is going to be super excited!!! He loves his Lego Star Wars and Indiana Jones! We now have about 60 days until our trip.

You guys are staying at GKTW, right? If so, you will get the GKTW button when you check in (at orientation)...the genie stickers are just stickers...Disney probably would not recognize those as MAW related.

I hope that answers your question? :confused3

Thanks for the info from everyone, we'll treat those pins/buttons like gold!

O.K. I have been reading so many reports today and so far I have loved them all!!!!!
You guys & gals are so informative. I really really don't know how I would have made it through this trip w/o you all. So now for the question that has been bugging me half of the day.

I was reading some reports and noticed that noone has mentioned going to the wet n wild. Does anyone know anything about it? My dd really wants to go but I think that is something we could do on a return trip. I want her Magical trip to be completely magical and not waste a day on a water park that we could do anytime. Am I making sense???????? Or just being plain confusing!

If anyone has info on this please share it. My son also wants to do the pirates dinner show (we told him he could pick out one thing to do). I am really leaning on staying in the parks and getting all we can out of this **special** once in a lifetime trip. Please help!!!!!

If you stay at GKTW you will recieve tickets for :1 day at Sea World, 2 days at Universal/Islands of Adventure and 3 days at the four Disney parks(Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom,Epcot and Hollywood Studios) If you want to go to a water park you can but you would have to pay for tickets out of your own money.

Know it's getting kind of late, but I just want to wish all you mothers out there a happy mothers day. But at this point I guess it would safer to say I hope that you HAD a great mothers day.:confused3

We are taking a car seat for our 18 month old to use on the airplane. Should we take one for our 4 year old? Will he need a car seat in the limo? Will we be able to get a car seat with our rental car? When I asked our wish coordinator, she didn't know any of the answers.

Thank you,
Michelle

For the jedi training academy at DHS, does anyone know if the having the GKTW button helps to get picked as a participant, or is it still a random choosing process by the jedi master? My DD heard about this show and would love to be in it...

We are taking a car seat for our 18 month old to use on the airplane. Should we take one for our 4 year old? Will he need a car seat in the limo? Will we be able to get a car seat with our rental car? When I asked our wish coordinator, she didn't know any of the answers.

Thank you,
Michelle

hi there michelle!!!

on the car seats....are you SURE your 18 month old gets his own seat on the plane? for our 19 month old, he was considered a "lap baby' and did NOT get his own seat!!! 2 and under usually don't?! so make sure that is not the case here....also, we ended up taking matthews (our maw kiddo) car seat and it worked out REALLY GREAT because he was able to be supported on all sides....he has low tone and would have been very floppy....it was a PAIN to carry it with us along with his wheelchair and our baby's stroller and our bags but worth it!!!

i don't know aobut the limo BUT MAW DID rent a booster for our 6 year old and a 5 point harnest for our baby!!! but you might want to ask ASAP because the reason we did not get a rent one for matthew is because they did NOT have anymore to RENT!!! but it worked out in the end! we were glad we had our in the airpane!!

GOOD LUCK....and YES MAW does rent that!! they actually rented our suction pump, nebulizer and oxygen for us and it was ALL waiting for us when we got to GKTW!!! it made it easier so we didn't have to bring our OWN supplies on the plane!! what a DIFFRENCE that made!!!

For the jedi training academy at DHS, does anyone know if the having the GKTW button helps to get picked as a participant, or is it still a random choosing process by the jedi master? My DD heard about this show and would love to be in it...

As soon as you get to DHS, I would find a CM in that area and ask them, in the sweetest way possible, if there is one time that is better than another for your child to possibly be able to be picked for the Jedi Academy.

Tell them, if they don't realize it already, that this is your child's wish trip and that he REALLY wants to do the Jedi Academy. You might even ask if it is more likely if you attend multiple shows.

Also...make sure that he is OK with Darth Vader, too...I read on one TR that the wish child was GLAD that he did NOT get picked because he was terrified :scared1: of Darth Vader when he came out and was afraid he would have needed a new pair of shorts. :eek:

But, yes, if they see that button and are aware of his Wish...he is very likely to get picked!

Also...does he have a Star Wars shirt he can wear? That helps them know he is a fan. ;)

Thank you,
Michelle

We brought our car seats with us. Both girls are in boosters - Olivia is in a backed booster and Maddie in a backless. I felt better knowing they were properly secured in the limo and in the rental.

We did check them at the airport because you can't use a booster in an airplane but I was thankful to have them with us.

I am starting to write more in our pre-trip report. I have read and read wish reports and have so many questions for all of you through the next few weeks. I hope I don't get on anyone's nerves with all my questions!!!. Thanks again for all the help.

Ok, 1st timer in-park transportation questions for you veterans:

We have Brunch ressies at Ohana at 10:10 followed by a day at MK. I'm assuming we go to MK and then take the monorail to/from our meal??? Or should we drive to Poly and can we park there for the day or do we then have to move to MK?

If we can use the monorail, how long to get from MK to the Poly??

Thanks you all.

hi there michelle!!!

on the car seats....are you SURE your 18 month old gets his own seat on the plane? for our 19 month old, he was considered a "lap baby' and did NOT get his own seat!!! 2 and under usually don't?! so make sure that is not the case here....also, we ended up taking matthews (our maw kiddo) car seat and it worked out REALLY GREAT because he was able to be supported on all sides....he has low tone and would have been very floppy....it was a PAIN to carry it with us along with his wheelchair and our baby's stroller and our bags but worth it!!!

i don't know aobut the limo BUT MAW DID rent a booster for our 6 year old and a 5 point harnest for our baby!!! but you might want to ask ASAP because the reason we did not get a rent one for matthew is because they did NOT have anymore to RENT!!! but it worked out in the end! we were glad we had our in the airpane!!

GOOD LUCK....and YES MAW does rent that!! they actually rented our suction pump, nebulizer and oxygen for us and it was ALL waiting for us when we got to GKTW!!! it made it easier so we didn't have to bring our OWN supplies on the plane!! what a DIFFRENCE that made!!!

We are taking a car seat for Landon (23 months). However, we are not taking Caroline's booster. She will be 6 while on the trip. Bailee is 9 1/2 and doesn't need one.
As for the airplane ride. Landon will have his own seat. He will not be two until mid June. I am thankful he has his own seat because I think he will be more comfortable. He won't go to sleep in our arms. He wants to be left alone when going to sleep. It should be about nap time when we get on the plane to go.

We are so excited! Our trip is getting so close.

I am starting to write more in our pre-trip report. I have read and read wish reports and have so many questions for all of you through the next few weeks. I hope I don't get on anyone's nerves with all my questions!!!. Thanks again for all the help.

Ask away! Your questions are great! :) This is a perfect place to ask them all! :)

Ok, 1st timer in-park transportation questions for you veterans:

We have Brunch ressies at Ohana at 10:10 followed by a day at MK. I'm assuming we go to MK and then take the monorail to/from our meal??? Or should we drive to Poly and can we park there for the day or do we then have to move to MK?

If we can use the monorail, how long to get from MK to the Poly??

Thanks you all.

I tend to want to park where I will be at the END of the day. That is just me. Your GKTW button should allow you to park in the handicapped or diamond parking at the Transporation and Ticket Center, so you should get a relatively close spot. You will then take a monorail to get to the Magic Kingdom from there and another monorail to get to Poly. (Veterans...is this right?!?!?!?)

If you park at the Poly, you will need to either valet park (cost is $10, I think, unless you have a disabled tag, then it is FREE!) and then come back to the Poly at the end of the day.

I would almost lean toward the Poly, if you have the handicapped tag. If you don't, I would park at the TTC (MK). It may not even be "legal" to park at the Poly all day...But you are on a wish trip with 8 kids and 2 adults...so the legality of the whole thing is not a big deal..I mean...what are they gonna do to you?...IMO.

We can't take boosters on the plane? Does that mean that I have to check it? How do I check a booster seat? My son has to be in a car seat, he's not tall enough to sit in a regular car seat and in Virginia, he still legally needs to be in a car seat. Not sure what the carseat law is in Florida. Anyone know how I go about checking it?

Also, happy to report that the Crocs fit DD. They are just the right size for her and she already wants to wear them. DS are a little small but I think that they will stretch.

I bought them bathing suits today. I got them each two, because DD is picky and doesn't like to be in a wet suit. She's a little primadonna.

I'm updating Joseph's TR today with some more big give pics, itinerary updates and trips updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter