• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Make a Wish (and other organizations!) - Wish Trippers...UNITE!! Volume 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maria -- HI!!!! We rode in the carriage with you on Thursday night at GKTW! So sorry to hear about the scare you received but so glad Matthew is okay.

Maria -- HI!!!! We rode in the carriage with you on Thursday night at GKTW! So sorry to hear about the scare you received but so glad Matthew is okay.

HEY THERE!!!!!!!!!! how are you doing? did you have a BLAST during your stay??? how is your little girl?! awwwww....it is soooo neat to know you are on this forum!! COOL!! it was really nice to meet you there and here!

i hope you had a GREAT time!! take care and GOD BLESS...

hello friends!! i hope everyone is doing GREAT!! i have not been able to make it to the boards recently because we are still RECOVERING from our BEAUTIFUL trip a couple of weeks ago!!

well, I FINALLY BLOGGED ALL ABOUT IT!!! yep, and i have TONS of pictures! i don't know how to do it HERE so i thought i would just post my LINK to my blog and if anyone is interested in seeing some pictures and reading ALL about it, please just go and check it out!! be warned, i do go into detail and if someone has not gone yet and wants to be surprised, might not be a good idea to check it out!! and we were that family that ALMOST MISSED THE PLANE RIDE HOME!!! we boared 10 minutes before it LEFT!! YIKES!! and of course, matthews KIMBA (wheelchair/stroller) BROKE on day 2 of our trip there....grrrrrrr....

sooo, here is the blog:
www.blessingsinmylife.blogspot.com

well, less than a WEEK after we came home, matthew had a MASSIVE SEIZURE (it had been over a YEAR since he had HAD a sz!!) and he stopped breathing on me and i seriously thought that he had a HEART ATTACK...he just stopped...no outward signs of a sz until LATER!! i can tell you, probably one of the scarriest moments in my life!! it was horrible...we had to call 911 and they bagged him on the way to the hospital and ended up being intubated....yeah...it was that bad...but THANK YOU GOD, he came out of the hospital less than 24 hours later....one of the things that i thought of when i thought he was having a HEART ATTATCK, was that THANK YOU GOD, we got to have his MAKE-A-WISH.....

anyway, again, THANK YOU ALL for all of your WONDERFUL info and for that itinerary...it WORKS!!!

i will be back!!

maria!

I LOVED your TR! Sounds like you had an awesome trip! Thanks for sharing your trip with us!!!
And so glad to hear Matthew pulled through that scary experience ...bless your heart!

I am so excited, I ran into one of our wish granters at Allie's track meet yesterday and she said "Hey I have to call you and set up your party!!!" We are at like 40 days...sure cant wait...Em has an MRI on Monday and we think she may be having some problems with her shunt so we need to get through that...

I had a question about MNSSHP. Does the Wishes firework show still happen on those nights? It will matter when we chose which other day to go to MK. If we can see it on the night we go to MNSSHP will probable go to MK on Thursday and be back at GKTW in time to see Santa.:banana:

Also just to let you all know, I just posted my families 3rd Disney Movie Fun Night on my PTR. It is complete with pics or our themed dinner so feel free to cheak it out.

hello friends!! i hope everyone is doing GREAT!! i have not been able to make it to the boards recently because we are still RECOVERING from our BEAUTIFUL trip a couple of weeks ago!!

well, I FINALLY BLOGGED ALL ABOUT IT!!! yep, and i have TONS of pictures! i don't know how to post it HERE so i thought i would just post my LINK to my blog and if anyone is interested in seeing some pictures and reading ALL about it, please just go and check it out!! be warned, i do go into detail and if someone has not gone yet and wants to be surprised, might not be a good idea to check it out!! start reading from APRIL 18TH thru CURRENT to get it in order (you have to go backwards!!! ) and we were that family that ALMOST MISSED THE PLANE RIDE HOME!!! we boared 10 minutes before it LEFT!! YIKES!! and of course, matthews KIMBA (wheelchair/stroller) BROKE on day 2 of our trip there....grrrrrrr....

sooo, here is the blog:
www.blessingsinmylife.blogspot.com

well, less than a WEEK after we came home, matthew had a MASSIVE SEIZURE (it had been over a YEAR since he had HAD a sz!!) and he stopped breathing on me and i seriously thought that he had a HEART ATTACK...he just stopped...no outward signs of a sz until LATER!! i can tell you, probably one of the scarriest moments in my life!! it was horrible...we had to call 911 and they bagged him on the way to the hospital and ended up being intubated....yeah...it was that bad...but THANK YOU GOD, he came out of the hospital less than 24 hours later....one of the things that i thought of when i thought he was having a HEART ATTATCK, was that THANK YOU GOD, we got to have his MAKE-A-WISH.....

anyway, again, THANK YOU ALL for all of your WONDERFUL info and for that itinerary...it WORKS!!!

i will be back!!

maria!

I loved reading your TR! It made me even more excited for our trip in only 17 days!!!!!!

I'm back!

We had an AMAZING TIME. The outfits / tshirts / autograph books were a HUGE hit with my children as well as the CMs.

Universal DOES treat you well. We were shocked. I am contemplating writing a letter to Disney - because they were THAT good.

I'm still catching up with life and such but I'm working on a trip report that I'll post soon.

One tip - really, really try to stay at GKTW - we were hesitant about it and it was the BEST decision we ever made. Plus we would have missed out on so many activities at the resort had we stayed on Disney property. It's a once in a lifetime thing to be able to stay at GKTW - so take advantage of it!

I loved reading your TR! It made me even more excited for our trip in only 17 days!!!!!!

I also wanted to say I am thankful Matthew is feeling better. Bailee had three seizures when she was 10 months old. We never figured out why. However, I know how scary it is to watch your child stop breathing. Bailee did it 7 times in a 24 hour period when she was younger. She had a trach at the time. I was alone at home with her each of those times and had to bag her. Our insurance company at the time did not cover any nursing care. It was so scary.

hi!
i am a future disney wish-tripper and i have a few questions.
I'm 17 years old. I have twin brothers that are 14, and an older brother that is 19. We are all going on my trip with my parents. I don't know if I want to:
-Go on a disney land & sea cruise
or go on just a disney cruise. Im leaning more towards the land & sea, as we will probably never travel there again. Would there be anything for us to do at disney, none of us would go on rides haha. Im mostly interested in pictures with the characters. Which characters are on the disney cruise & would it be easiest to get pictures with them on the cruise or at disney world?
i've been looking on the web for dates that the disney cruise 7 night land & sea is going to be, but i cant find any. does anyone have a list of dates?
thanks!

Welcome, ThatKid!

At www.Disneycruise.com look for land and sea vacations - there'll be two choices 3 day land 4day sea, and 4 day land 3 day sea.

The more common characters are on the ship - Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy Donald, the princesses, Peter Pan and Wendy, Captain Jack Sparrow, et al.

Would there be anything for us to do at disney, none of us would go on rides haha.

HaHa is right. :rotfl: :rotfl2:That question is so funny I can hardly catch my breath to answer it.

Suggest you get a Walt Disney World guidebook out of your local library and read it.

Also, go over on Disney.com and sign up for the free dvd. There's also one for the cruise line.

Oh, and watch the travel channel specials on both WDW and the Disney Cruises. There are videos on the travel channel website.

As an old lady with a few little disablilites, I ride very little, certainly nothing extreme or spinny or wild. But after 45 trips, totalling way more than a year of days, I can honestly say I haven't done or seen everything yet.

Happy Planning!

I have a silly question. When you go to breakfast at the Gingerbread House at GKTW....is it buffet or do you order off the menu? I was wondering because we will have to take turns eating since Landon can't be around people eating without crying. We will probably have to switch off. Just wondering? It will make a difference on how early we get up in the mornings.

Where do you get those cute t-shirts that say "Make-A-Wish 2009" with the letters and numbers having Disney themed pictures in them? I would love to get some for the trip, but I'm running out of time.

Michelle

Another question????

Once we arrive in Orlando how long should I plan on it taking to get things together and get to GKTW? We will be arriving at 1:20 p.m. My kids will probably be hungry since it is 12:20 p.m. Texas time. If it doesn't take too long to get to GKTW then I can tide them over with a snack. I just keep thinking of these small things and am happy to have somewhere to ask them.

I have a silly question. When you go to breakfast at the Gingerbread House at GKTW....is it buffet or do you order off the menu? I was wondering because we will have to take turns eating since Landon can't be around people eating without crying. We will probably have to switch off. Just wondering? It will make a difference on how early we get up in the mornings.

It is sorta cafeteria style.

It should work perfectly...because one of you guys could stay outside...really close...and ride the carosel or play in the castle of miracles...There really is lots to do right by the place where you eat. :) So it should work out fairly well! :) You just go through the line and get some. It can be fairly busy in the mornings, though.

also...some mornings they have activities, characters, etc that you guys could do.

My heart goes out to you guys for having to do that. Meals must be tough. :hug:

Where do you get those cute t-shirts that say "Make-A-Wish 2009" with the letters and numbers having Disney themed pictures in them? I would love to get some for the trip, but I'm running out of time.

Michelle

I PM'd you about this. We will see if we can work this out. :)

Another question????

Once we arrive in Orlando how long should I plan on it taking to get things together and get to GKTW? We will be arriving at 1:20 p.m. My kids will probably be hungry since it is 12:20 p.m. Texas time. If it doesn't take too long to get to GKTW then I can tide them over with a snack. I just keep thinking of these small things and am happy to have somewhere to ask them.

I would have snacks with you on the plane and then plan to eat at GKTW when you get there. It will take about an hour after you land to get luggage, your car, and get to GKTW. Then a few min to check in, but then you can go right there close and get some lunch (and it is free at GKTW). :)

Hello!

I am new to this site. I am not sure if I did this right or not. We are planing our Make a Wish trip pre-trip report and I have a posted a thread but I am not sure if I posted it at the right place. How do I make sure that it gets posted at Wish Trippers Unite?

Thank you for your help.

Hello!

I am new to this site. I am not sure if I did this right or not. We are planing our Make a Wish trip pre-trip report and I have a posted a thread but I am not sure if I posted it at the right place. How do I make sure that it gets posted at Wish Trippers Unite?

Thank you for your help.

Hello Matt!!

:welcome: to the DISboards and :welcome: to the Wish Trippers Unite thread!

Let me see if I can find your thread and see if it is in the right place and post it here, too!! :)

Thank you I need all of the help I can get!!!!

You did great! :) The pre-trip report is in the right place and now that it is posted here, you should get some visitors over there! :)

The next step, if you want, would be to post pictures. Post #2 on this thread has a lot of hints about how to do that. You will want to read that whole post, probably to get some ideas about all of that and how to get your post count up to 10 so that you can send PM's (Private Messages) and post pics. :)

:)

I am actually heading to bed shortly, but I will be on tomorrow and can answer questions, etc as you have them!! :)

Welcome to the Wish Trippers thread! :) You have found a great group of folks!

Thank you so much for your help. I need any advice that you can give me on the best way to keep adding to my thread with updates.

Thank you again for making me feel so welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter