• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Make a Wish (and other organizations!) - Wish Trippers...UNITE!! Volume 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved the camera's that GKTW let us borrow.... I want to buy one now :laughing:. But I did have some probs. with them. First off every time one CD ran out and I replaced it with a new one it would not work I don't know why. But after fooling with it for a while it would fix it's self. But it always happened right when I needed it to work the most :sad1: it was very upsetting not to get those moments you wanted the most onto film. And when we left and returned home the Cd's they gave us won't work. So now ALL the videoing I did is stuck on the disc's and we can't watch them.... :confused: :sad1: I have been trying to fix it but don't know what's wrong. Would any of you all know??? Other than that we had a FANTASTIC time.... :woohoo: I will update my TR as soon as I can...

Thank you so much for this link! I'm reading the report right now... :wizard:

Awesome! :)

Just stopping by to say Happy Easter! I hope everyone had a quiet and relaxing day!:goodvibes

Thank you! I had a good "down day!"

Hi, my family and I would like to wish everyone a Happy Easter. Hope everyone is doing well. Have a Blessed Easter:flower3:

Diane

Thank you!

Myself, David and Becca would like to wish everyone a Happy Easter.

The Easter Bunny just arrived in Becca's room :lmao:

We have so much to be grateful for this Easter Day......Becca's improving health, all of our friends and especially our support group at Church and our support group on this very board.
The prayers that have been said over the past months whilst Becca has been sick have truly made a miracle happen.

Love
Mandy

Aw...the Easter Bunny! Glad he came to the hospital! :goodvibes

I am so glad that you have so much to be thankful for! Improving health, friends, a support group at church and the support here...those are awesome thing to be thanful for! :)

Happy Easter everyone! I think we all have to much to be thankful for! Enjoy this special day with your family and remember to give thanks for these special children we have been given!

:goodvibes

We are fine, just busy with everything going on here. Aidan has medical work being done tomorrow. They are capping teeth and such that were destroyed by the medicine's in the NICU. He then go's in for feeding therapy next Monday. This will last four weeks, five days a week and be 8 hours a day. We are hoping to bring out a feeding boy. I started a new position at work, more work, but not more money at this time.

So it's just life as usual, however there is one really good thing...

He%20is%20risen.jpg

Sounds like you guys are getting ready to get Aidan eating! That will be wonderful!

Sorry about more work without any more money! Hopefully the money will catch up on the other side of this recession. :goodvibes

And there is nothing better than that stone being rolled away!

Thank you! The old lady gets forgetful sometimes. . . er - pretty often:guilty:

:rotfl2: It is all good! :)

I loved the camera's that GKTW let us borrow.... I want to buy one now :laughing:. But I did have some probs. with them. First off every time one CD ran out and I replaced it with a new one it would not work I don't know why. But after fooling with it for a while it would fix it's self. But it always happened right when I needed it to work the most :sad1: it was very upsetting not to get those moments you wanted the most onto film. And when we left and returned home the Cd's they gave us won't work. So now ALL the videoing I did is stuck on the disc's and we can't watch them.... :confused: :sad1: I have been trying to fix it but don't know what's wrong. Would any of you all know??? Other than that we had a FANTASTIC time.... :woohoo: I will update my TR as soon as I can...

Oh no!!

I would call GKTW and see if they can help you...although I do faguely remember another family saying the same thing...so you might want to check back here, too. My guess is that you need some sort of software loaded on your computer to "read" the video...? GKTW phone number is 800-995-KIDS.

Can't wait to hear all about your trip!!!!!! :goodvibes

Here's a tutorial on posting pictures that I got from HeatherSue! (And thanks for the helpful instructions on getting this over here...cut and paste! :thumbsup2 :rotfl:)

Seriously...this should work for you guys that want this info...

1. Upload the pic of your choice to photobucket (www.photobucket.com)

2. Resize the pic in photobucket click on the thumbnail of the picture, it will open up, then click (above the pic)> resize > 15" screen- it will make you verify that you would like to resize the pic (I like the 800X600 size pictures instead of the message board setting, it shows lots more detail)

3. After the pic has resized, go to your album, below the pic that you would like to post, there are 4 different codes (email & IM, direct link, html code & IMG code) Click in the box that has the has the IMG code. It will look something like this http: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
When you click on that box, it will light up in yellow, and say "Copied"

4. In the thread on the Dis (in another open window), click on "post reply". When you are ready to post the pic, right click - a box will open, click on paste. This will paste the link that you copied from your photobucket account.

5. Post reply. The pic should show up! (You can also "preview post" and see if it is going to work before you actually post it...if you want!)

I just linked this to the Post 2 hints... so we don't have to keep remembering this for our new folks. :)

Hi Everyone,

I would like to thank everyone for the advice on the video camera. I think I will save my money for now and borrow one at GKTW.

Does anyone know does Scooby Doo visit GKTW?? That is one of my dd favorites.:lovestruc :love:She loves Scooby and all things dogs. Is there somewhere I can find what characters visit and what days.

Diane

Hi Everyone,

I would like to thank everyone for the advice on the video camera. I think I will save my money for now and borrow one at GKTW.

Does anyone know does Scooby Doo visit GKTW?? That is one of my dd favorites.:lovestruc :love:She loves Scooby and all things dogs. Is there somewhere I can find what characters visit and what days.

Diane

I have only seen Scooby at Universal. I have never seen them at GKTW.

However, from what I have read of the TR's recently, Universal is doing an EXCELLENT job setting up character meet and greets. If Scooby is on your must do list...I would contact one of the employees at Universal (their CM) when you get there and let them know that you guys would like to meet Scooby and see if they can tell you where he might be. You might luck out and get a private meet and greet...but at the least you would know where he is going to be! :)

And that sounds great about the video camera! If you just HAD to buy one...for some strange reason...there is a WalMart right down the street! :)

Hello! I second Maroo's suggestion to tell a CM about your child's interest in Scooby - Mark is a fan too! There is a show with Scooby (and some of the gang) Woody Woodpecker and others in the Woody Woodpecker KidZone. There are several shows daily, so check for the times. Right after the show, Scooby, Shaggy and Woody gather for a character meet. I'd make sure of your daughter's special interest.

Alison

Seriously?!?!?! Wow. :)

I stand corrected! That is SOOOOO cool! :) I wish I had seen Scooby. Did Shaggy come, too?

That's awesome! My son and daughter would be so happy to see Scooby. I hope he's there when we go. I'm glad that you got to see him!

They were both there on Friday when we left.

ps. Aidan did well in surgery and has a new mouthfull of Venears. They had to fix all 16 teath in one form or fashion.

Hello! I don't often post about what life is like for Mark - although as I reported last week, he's loving that elevator!

Yesterday marked another milestone. Mark has had some issues with his teeth; dental care for kids with cp can be challenging, especially those with big issues with gag reflex. Other than light cleaning, Mark's dental care has always been done under a general anaesthetic at the children's hospital here. It works, but it's tough on his body and we'd llike to minimize the times he's under a general.

Mark had 2 cavities to fill (yuk!) and the dentist really wanted to try it with nitrous again. I had very little hope that this would work...but mark was a super trooper and HE DID IT!!! And that dentist (a pediatric dentist specializing in kids with special needs) completed filling #2 in 81 seconds! (We were doing a count down with Mark) Mark was so very proud of himself. And very loopy on the nitrous.

My favourite comment? After he told me he was very happy - and acknowledged that the nitrous made him feel "really good,", I asked him how much of being happy was nitrous and how much was being proud of himself. He told me "70% nitrous and 40% proud." "But that's 110%, Mark," I pointed out. "I know, Mummy...that's how good I feel!"

Keep your fingers crossed. Tomorrow morning's surprise for Mark (the way he's asked it to be handled so he doesn't get too worked up for too many days ahead of time) is that he's going down to Sick Kids for Botox treatments - 9 shots into his right leg - the hamstring and the gastrocs. Then begins a heavy regimen of extra stretching etc. They are big honking needles, too. Yesterday, I played up the "if you think this nitrous makes you feel loopy and relaxed, you've had medazalan before and that seems to affect you even more." Guess which sedative is tomorrow's? Eek, I am getting worked up just thinking about it...it takes 4 of us to do it, including at least 2 who are just trying to hold him in place. Must remember to bring the ipod with his hypnosis CD.

I'll let you know how it goes.
Alison

Keep your fingers crossed. Tomorrow morning's surprise for Mark (the way he's asked it to be handled so he doesn't get too worked up for too many days ahead of time) is that he's going down to Sick Kids for Botox treatments - 9 shots into his right leg - the hamstring and the gastrocs. Then begins a heavy regimen of extra stretching etc. They are big honking needles, too. Yesterday, I played up the "if you think this nitrous makes you feel loopy and relaxed, you've had medazalan before and that seems to affect you even more." Guess which sedative is tomorrow's? Eek, I am getting worked up just thinking about it...it takes 4 of us to do it, including at least 2 who are just trying to hold him in place. Must remember to bring the ipod with his hypnosis CD.

Alison

Alison:

I'll be thinking about you and Mark tomorrow. I hope it all goes well. I am jealous of your special needs dentist. I was just getting ready to start calling through the phone book to see if I can find anyone who is up for the challenge.

~Elisa

They were both there on Friday when we left.

ps. Aidan did well in surgery and has a new mouthfull of Venears. They had to fix all 16 teath in one form or fashion.

Woo Hoo!!! I am so glad he did well! That is one fancy mouth. :)

Hello! I don't often post about what life is like for Mark - although as I reported last week, he's loving that elevator!

Yesterday marked another milestone. Mark has had some issues with his teeth; dental care for kids with cp can be challenging, especially those with big issues with gag reflex. Other than light cleaning, Mark's dental care has always been done under a general anaesthetic at the children's hospital here. It works, but it's tough on his body and we'd llike to minimize the times he's under a general.

Mark had 2 cavities to fill (yuk!) and the dentist really wanted to try it with nitrous again. I had very little hope that this would work...but mark was a super trooper and HE DID IT!!! And that dentist (a pediatric dentist specializing in kids with special needs) completed filling #2 in 81 seconds! (We were doing a count down with Mark) Mark was so very proud of himself. And very loopy on the nitrous.

My favourite comment? After he told me he was very happy - and acknowledged that the nitrous made him feel "really good,", I asked him how much of being happy was nitrous and how much was being proud of himself. He told me "70% nitrous and 40% proud." "But that's 110%, Mark," I pointed out. "I know, Mummy...that's how good I feel!"

Alison

Aw...Gosh. I will be praying for all of you today! :grouphug:

Please let us know how it goes. Thanks for the update! And I am so glad you have a great dentist!! Those are quite hard to find, honestly.

Just wanting to remember BeckySob and her daughter Piper today... They are still in Disney. This is the last day of their Wish Trip...and the weather is horrible.

Not just rain...but tornado warnings specifically warning the WDW property. And hail in Kissimmee.

It is my understanding that no major damage has occurred or anything, but I am sure their last day is very rainy and crummy weather. I would be so disappointed. Hopefully they are making the best of it!

Hugs to you guys, Becky and Piper and family!!!

hello all!!

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this? This board can be rather confusing to a newbie!

My daughter Kali is 3 yrs old (almost) and we are planning our MAW trip for June!
I would love to start a pre-trip report.. where exactly do I go to do this?

thanks so much !!

Lisa

hello all!!

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this? This board can be rather confusing to a newbie!

My daughter Kali is 3 yrs old (almost) and we are planning our MAW trip for June!
I would love to start a pre-trip report.. where exactly do I go to do this?

thanks so much !!

Lisa

Here is a link to the Pre-trip section

http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=144

Once you start it tell Maroo so she can add it to the list of MAW trips on the 1st page of this thread!!!!!!!:goodvibes

PS: WELCOME TO THE DIS!!!!!!!!

Ok, I started a thread last night..

I cant post a link or Pm because I have less then 10 post!! what should I do to notify Maroo?

Thanks!

Lisa

Ok, I started a thread last night..

I cant post a link or Pm because I have less then 10 post!! what should I do to notify Maroo?

Thanks!

Lisa

Welcome to the board! Maroo will see your post on here!
Can't wait to read your TR!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter