• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Make a Wish (and other organizations!) - Wish Trippers...UNITE!! Volume 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not been commenting on all of your hints...well, because you pretty much say it all when you post!! :)

But I wanted to let you know that I appreciate all of your help for us!!!! :) These are GREAT hints!!!!! :)

You are more than welcome. My wish child still faces issues, so, every so often I have to take a hiatus from the Dis, but I do love it here! Thanks for keeping the wish families going when all of us old timers took a leave of absence! It has been fun helping and getting to know new familes.

~Elisa

Well, the port is gone. They took it out yesterday. Dev's had it longer than he hasn't. 5 years in, first 2 years without. It was infected along with his whole blood stream. Now they are talking about a pic line. I don't know that I'm ready to pack him up and fly half way across the country way from his docs right now! Does that sound crazy and over protective.

Gotta he's having a break down over the lost of his port.

Well, the port is gone. They took it out yesterday. Dev's had it longer than he hasn't. 5 years in, first 2 years without. It was infected along with his whole blood stream. Now they are talking about a pic line. I don't know that I'm ready to pack him up and fly half way across the country way from his docs right now! Does that sound crazy and over protective.

If you are not comfortable...I definitely would not pack up and leave my doctor! :) Hang in there!! Keep us posted. I will keep praying for you guys. :)

Can you change his MAW trip? I know I wouldn't want to go if I was uncomfortable. Hopefully it will all get better though since you have a bit of time.

Hey everyone, Want to start out by saying that I love this thread.

I am a single mom with three kids, ds will be 7 end of may, dd will be 4 in july, and ds will be 2 in june. (I know summers are busy) My 7 year old son was diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis last December. At the end of February I refered him to the Make a Wish Fondation. When the volenteers arrived he very loudly anounced that he wanted to go to Disney World.

I've read about other kids wishes and admitidly cried, not just for them but for my son who will soon get the same magic.

Don't have much info yet. They are going to try to book the trip in August before he starts school, but I told them if it falls during his first couple of weeks of school that we would work around it. We will be staying at GKTW unless it is booked up.

We are very excited, and will to try to read as many of these posts as possible to get advice.

I am sorry that Dev has met with so many setbacks. I am hopeful though that they have found the source of the problem and that he will be feeling better soon! My son had multiple pic lines when he was little. The biggest issue we had was that he was little (2) and tried to pull it out all the time. Since your son is older he will know better. Hopefully it will be a good stop gap measure until he is well enough for a new port. Go with your gut on the trip. GKTW and MAW understand and have rescheduled trips before. If you are nervous the whole time you are there, you won't have the wonderful time you were meant to have. Please let us know how everyone is doing!

I am a single mom with three kids, ds will be 7 end of may, dd will be 4 in july, and ds will be 2 in june. (I know summers are busy) My 7 year old son was diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis last December. At the end of February I refered him to the Make a Wish Fondation. When the volenteers arrived he very loudly anounced that he wanted to go to Disney World.

I've read about other kids wishes and admitidly cried, not just for them but for my son who will soon get the same magic.

Don't have much info yet. They are going to try to book the trip in August before he starts school, but I told them if it falls during his first couple of weeks of school that we would work around it. We will be staying at GKTW unless it is booked up.

We are very excited, and will to try to read as many of these posts as possible to get advice.

Glad you found this thread. I know wish families on the DIS were crucial in my planning and comfort level when we went to WDW. Looking forward to hearing more from you!

~E

Welcome to the thread!!!!! :)

We are glad to have you! :) Can't wait to get to know you guys! :)

Thanks for the welcome. I can't wait to meet everyone.

A few questions for those who have had there trips. While MaW utilizes the GKTW resort are the MaW families only able to use the tickets that GKTW offers? I would really like to take the kids to at least one character dinner, do I need to make reservations or should I talk to MaW? What if the kids want to do the pirate and princess party?

As of right now my two oldest are quite excited? I bought my dd Mia a princess dress at Walmart. When we got home she put it on and announced that she was ready. I had to inform her that it wasn't time yet. She is very excited about meeting the princess who will talk to her and give her hugs.princess:

My ds Liam (wish kid) can't wait to go on the starwars ride and the Toystory mania ride. He also wants to meet Jack Sparrow. My youngest Aidan doesn't talk very much but he keeps stealing my Walt Disney Guide for kids.:rotfl:

Talk to all soon,

Corrine

Our Wish is suppose to include a Character Meal...but that was what Emma wants to do..I think if we wanted more then one we would need to do it ourselves...not sure though...

Sure!! I am so sorry I am just now seeing this! :scared1:

OK...GKTW Activities... Christmas is a MUST DO! That is on Thursday night. The Candyland Playground is AMAZING. Make sure they play on that!
They will need to double check the schedule before they leave for any parades, as that schedule is changing by the day in Disney, unfortunately!

April 21 - check into GKTW, play on the playground, orientation, walmart run
April 22 - Magic Kingdom! - Crowd Score is 5/10 - long day
April 23 - Universal - Christmas at GKTW at night - short park day
April 24 - AK first/DHS evening - (if you want to combine these parks) - long day
April 25 - down day (you have an extra day?) - play at GKTW, swim, chill :)
April 26 - Sea World - lots of walking, long day - feed the dolphins
April 27 - Epcot, Maybe hop back to MK? for parade/fireworks for last night? - long day, last day!
April 28 - travel home! :(

*** Note...if they want to do the night parade at MK, they are going to have to switch up some days unless the calendar changes. Maybe swap Sea World and Epcot?
They can also swap up which parks they pair up...I just figured they may want more time at Magic Kingdom for that third day and pairing it with Epcot makes the most sense...they could do Epcot half a day and MK the rest.

has the crowd calendar with good days/bad days on there...

I hope this helps them!!! :)

*NOTE: I will do a full blown planner for them or any other Wish Trip! Just PM me and I will get some more info from you guys and can put it all down on the spreadsheet. :)

HI THERE!!! i just saw that you did this for another family and i would LOVE your suggestions for our wish trip! PLEASE?!?!?! :) we will be there april 18-24th.....one thing i wanted to mention is that we are sea world pass holders here in san antonio so is there another park that we could go to instead of that?? there will be 6 of us, 2 parents, 3 kids (6,4 (matthew) and 1) and a nurse....we are WAY EXCITED and can't wait to see if you have anything for us!! THANK YOU AGAIN, if you get the chance!!! any othere info i can give you, let me know..i JUST started my pretrip thingy too....so much to DO...so little time!!....so EXCITED!

THANKS!

MARIA

I'm just stopping by to say HI :wave2:
I just posted Brandon's wish story in our TR if anyone would like to see it. OMGosh I can't believe we leave for DD trip tomorrow we are so excited :woohoo: Well I'm off I have SO much to do :laundy: before we go.

Talk to you all later
Tammy :flower3:

HI THERE!!! i just saw that you did this for another family and i would LOVE your suggestions for our wish trip! PLEASE?!?!?! :) we will be there april 18-24th.....one thing i wanted to mention is that we are sea world pass holders here in san antonio so is there another park that we could go to instead of that?? there will be 6 of us, 2 parents, 3 kids (6,4 (matthew) and 1) and a nurse....we are WAY EXCITED and can't wait to see if you have anything for us!! THANK YOU AGAIN, if you get the chance!!! any othere info i can give you, let me know..i JUST started my pretrip thingy too....so much to DO...so little time!!....so EXCITED!

THANKS!

MARIA

I found your Pre-Trippie!!!!

Here is the link, guys!

Matthew's Wish Trip - April 18 - GKTW!!

And, yes, I will be happy to do this for you!!

I will PM you to get a little more information from you guys! :)

We are finally Disney approved! Ok, I need to pick 2 sets of dates for Disney so they can see what is available. We have already decided on Nov/Dec due to the fact I have a baby due in a few weeks and want him to be a little older. I was thinking Nov. 29-Dec. 5, Dec. 6- Dec. 12, Nov. 8-14, or Nov. 15-21. I definitely think Nov. 29-Dec. 5 is my 1st choice, but I think Pop Warner is going on Dec. 6- Dec. 12.

We want to be able to go to MVMCP and see the x-mas decorations. We did go previously the week after New Year's and most of the things were gone. Does anyone have any experience with crowd levels this time of year? Also, I know everything is up after Thanksgiving, but how much is decorated before?

Also, they are saying that we won't get our dates until May or more than likely June. Does that seem like a long time? They say that time of year books quickly and I'm afraid we won't be able to get our dates.

Oh my goodness!!!

I found yet another Wish Trip Pre-Trip report!!

And I feel bad about this one, because she was sort of ignored by the DISboards...they didn't know where to direct her and tried to send her whole TR to the disABILITIES board.

Anyway...

Hopefully we can go visit her thread, too! And welcome her to the Wish Trippers thread! :thumbsup2

Here is the link:

Andrea's Wish Trip Pre-Trip Report!

Oh my goodness!!!

I found yet another Wish Trip Pre-Trip report!!

And I feel bad about this one, because she was sort of ignored by the DISboards...they didn't know where to direct her and tried to send her whole TR to the disABILITIES board.

Anyway...

Hopefully we can go visit her thread, too! And welcome her to the Wish Trippers thread! :thumbsup2

Here is the link:

Andrea's Wish Trip Pre-Trip Report!

This link and the other two before it don't work.

We are finally Disney approved! Ok, I need to pick 2 sets of dates for Disney so they can see what is available. We have already decided on Nov/Dec due to the fact I have a baby due in a few weeks and want him to be a little older. I was thinking Nov. 29-Dec. 5, Dec. 6- Dec. 12, Nov. 8-14, or Nov. 15-21. I definitely think Nov. 29-Dec. 5 is my 1st choice, but I think Pop Warner is going on Dec. 6- Dec. 12.

We want to be able to go to MVMCP and see the x-mas decorations. We did go previously the week after New Year's and most of the things were gone. Does anyone have any experience with crowd levels this time of year? Also, I know everything is up after Thanksgiving, but how much is decorated before?

Also, they are saying that we won't get our dates until May or more than likely June. Does that seem like a long time? They say that time of year books quickly and I'm afraid we won't be able to get our dates.

Are those all 6 night trips? I know they sometimes offer 5 night trips...so I wasn't sure if they were all 6 nighters. :)

I would definitely do a 6 night trip if you can!

I would try to go between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

The current crowd calendar (which could change) has November 29 - Dec 18th as lower crowd levels...with the exception of every Saturday, which will have higher crowds due to the decorations, I suppose? :confused3

I would lean toward that first week or so in December. :thumbsup2 Still maybe pretty warm, hopefully, and the decorations will be up and in full swing!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter