Make a Wish (and other organizations!) - Wish Trippers...UNITE!! Volume 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our MAW volunteers were here last night and both were super sweet. They brought the kids gifts and were extremely helpful. Today they called and let us know that we can go for the boys birthday!!! How exciting is that they will get to turn 4 at Disney. Our teens are just as excited and they have been extremely helpful in including our extra person. They are booking our flights tomorrow. They would have already done it today but needed credit card info to book our extra.

So are dates are July 4th- July 10th and GKTW was available these days! So other than the worry of the swine flu looks like everything is a go!!

We are so excited!!!!!

Terri

Congrats on DATES!! :)

Don't worry too much about that flu...I am sure we will know LOTS about it by the time you guys get ready to go!!! :)

I must admite that I am a little jealous, my wish cordinator told me that those dates were already booked and were not available.:confused3 Ah well I'm just as excieted about the dates I have now.:woohoo:

I am so glad that your wish cordinators are working so fast and everything is coming together for you. keep us informed.:)

I have definatly been keeping that in mind, but something keeps poping up in my mind about MNSSHP being icing on the cake for the final day. I have always pictured watching the fireworks over cinderella's castle on our last night and we wont be able to do that if we are not there for MNSSHP. I don't know, maybe we can do DAK/Epcot on friday and see the fireworks there.:confused3:headache:

I would recommend Tuesday for the crowd level and the rain out issue...however, I totally see your desire to watch the fireworks in MK on your last night.

I think I would call Disney every week before you go and make sure that the Halloween parties for both nights are not selling out...then make your decision when you get there or the week before when you sorta know the weather.

We definitely had one washout night in Oct last year and I ended up getting tickets to BOTH MNSSHP's because we so strongly suspected rain for our big night...turned out it would have been fine either way.

But the tickets are non-transferrable...so if you get Tuesday, you can't change to Friday and vice versa.

You can see Illuminations in Epcot on your last night...it is pretty cool...but not nearly as cool as Wishes in front of the castle. Honestly. Go with your gut! :) If you want to do Friday, then go for it!! :) We actually had FUN in the rain!

I am going to chime in on the MNSSHP.

I vote for tuesday crowd wise. Friday you'll have people coming in for just the weekend and then also the locals that will come.

The best thing that I have learned to do is wait and buy the tickets. You do need to watch for them to sell out but usually Sept isn't bad or even early October. It is way less stressful then worrying about the weather all week long! I don't mind spending the little extra paying the gate price knowing the weather will be nice.

What is MNSSHP? I'm stumped.

I'm beginning to think that there is waaaaaaaay more to Disney than I've seen. I guess I must plan to go back some day. hmm....

I'm beginning to think that there is waaaaaaaay more to Disney than I've seen. I guess I must plan to go back some day. hmm....

MNSSHP is the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party...Sept/Oct and Nov 1 dates. It is an after hours halloween party. :)

There is also a Christmas party... MVMCP. Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party.

Both are "hard ticket" events...it requires a separate ticket and normally has lower crowds, but can be busy. The Halloween party was a lot of fun!

There is SOOOOO much to see and do in Disney. Tours, parties, etc...I think you could go for weeks and not really see EVERYTHING. :)

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - It is held on select dates in September and October. It requires a seperate ticket for admission. There are characters out in costume that are only out that night such as many from Alice in Wonderland including the Walrus. There are trick or treat stations around the park. There is a special Villians show. There are dance parties and an awesome Boo to You parade. The tickets are good from 7 pm to Midnight, but ticket holders can get in at 4 pm. It is a lot of fun! :wizard:

Okay, I can't do much posting, because I have a final exam on Monday that I have to study for. But I have begun our Wish Trip report:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2163489

OMG, I am having such horrible Post Disney Wish Trip Depression! Hmm, prepare for a trip for 4 months, then ZIP! it's over. Boo-hoo.

But we have a really wonderful time. I've got some magic moments to share, some pixie dust that we scattered, and even some hints that I haven't seen before. Like, if you're planning on getting a Chai Freeze (yum) in Animal Kingdom ... pack your own straw! :rotfl:

Okay, I can't do much posting, because I have a final exam on Monday that I have to study for. But I have begun our Wish Trip report:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2163489

OMG, I am having such horrible Post Disney Wish Trip Depression! Hmm, prepare for a trip for 4 months, then ZIP! it's over. Boo-hoo.

But we have a really wonderful time. I've got some magic moments to share, some pixie dust that we scattered, and even some hints that I haven't seen before. Like, if you're planning on getting a Chai Freeze (yum) in Animal Kingdom ... pack your own straw! :rotfl:

I can't wait to read!!! Now you better get busy with those tips...cause we leave in 9 days!!!:banana:

I would recommend Tuesday for the crowd level and the rain out issue...however, I totally see your desire to watch the fireworks in MK on your last night.

I think I would call Disney every week before you go and make sure that the Halloween parties for both nights are not selling out...then make your decision when you get there or the week before when you sorta know the weather.

We definitely had one washout night in Oct last year and I ended up getting tickets to BOTH MNSSHP's because we so strongly suspected rain for our big night...turned out it would have been fine either way.

But the tickets are non-transferrable...so if you get Tuesday, you can't change to Friday and vice versa.

You can see Illuminations in Epcot on your last night...it is pretty cool...but not nearly as cool as Wishes in front of the castle. Honestly. Go with your gut! :) If you want to do Friday, then go for it!! :) We actually had FUN in the rain!

I think you guys are right and I will make the final decision when the trip is closer and see how the weather is. It's not like we wont see Wishes during our trip, it just might have to be a diffrent night. I'll see what my brother thinks. Thanks for the suggestions.

So what color crocs do you buy? I trying to decide what color would go with most of my summer outfits.

Decisions, Decisions:rotfl:

Also, I add a new picture of my dd on her pre-trip report.

Has anyone flown on Northwest, if yes what kind of carry-on's did you bring. I was thinking of taking a carry-on piece per person and a small backpack for the kids, a tote of purse for me and possible a laptop for my husband. Do this sound appropriate?

Wow can believe how quickly the date is coming only 1 mth 1 week and 1 day
my son thinks its great 1 1 1. He is getting more excited. I think my dh is getting a little bit excited also, but still won't really be excited until we get some news on my dd heart condition. Our appt is fast approaching also May 14.

Diane

All the colors! You gotta have a pair to match every outfit don't ya!

I started out with lime green. Mainly because they were out of most cheap ones in my size. I like them and they do match alot oddly enough.

But that being said the khaki and the chocolate are my favorites! I have lots of other colors though, navy blue, red and black I can think of off the top of my head.

DS6 has several colors but for disney he has the disney ones. He has had every color except the yellow. But they are super cute too!

Can you tell we love our crocs!

So what color crocs do you buy? I trying to decide what color would go with most of my summer outfits.

Decisions, Decisions:rotfl:

Also, I add a new picture of my dd on her pre-trip report.

Has anyone flown on Northwest, if yes what kind of carry-on's did you bring. I was thinking of taking a carry-on piece per person and a small backpack for the kids, a tote of purse for me and possible a laptop for my husband. Do this sound appropriate?

Wow can believe how quickly the date is coming only 1 mth 1 week and 1 day
my son thinks its great 1 1 1. He is getting more excited. I think my dh is getting a little bit excited also, but still won't really be excited until we get some news on my dd heart condition. Our appt is fast approaching also May 14.

Diane

I have a pair of black crocs...they match just about everything. Although, I do wish I had a pair of brown ones! :)

1 1 1 - how cool!!! :)

I will pray for you guys and your appt on May 14!!! :hug:

I also own alot of colors. My son has a black pair and they go with most everything. He also has a green pair. My dd has pink, red, purple, white and black. She loves shoes and has over 30 pair. I have a green, black, navy and baby blue pairs.

I would look at your clothes and see what color you have the most of. Also I got most of ours from a Hallmark store that was going out of business. It was fill a bag for 15$. I got all of our shoes for one price of $15. It was less than two dollars a pair, and my ds also got 2 disney pairs in the bunch. What a deal!!!! Alot of stores actually carry the croc brand shoes so be on the look-out for sales and don't buy Wal-Mart or Payless brands because they are not comfortable.

I watch the budget board for sales on crocs. I like shoebuy.com. They tend to run specials all the time! I have gotten some from crocs.com before and there is another store. It is called 6 something or other I think.

Just thought I'd share the way I packed. I was pleased with it, as it minimizes wrinkles.

I had some very special outfits from the Big Give, so I charted out what everyone would wear, on what day. Then, I laid out all the outfits for each day, one on top of each other. (Nothing is folded yet.) So, shorts and shirt for Jackson on top of dress for Kaziah, dress for Lily, dress for Marenna. Actually, I'd have the largest item on the bottom. Now, carefully fold the entire bundle in half and lay in the suitcase. (This wouldn't work with a small duffel type bag.) Then do the next bundle, lay it in the suitcase, and so on. The bundles tended to overlap each other, as I'd put one bundle along the bottom, then the next along the far corner, etc.

When we got to GKTW, I could just unfold each "bundle" and hang them together in the closet.

Does this make sense? It was a trick I learned back when I was traveling for business, and packing suits and dresses.

Underwear, socks and bathing suits, I put into big ziplocs, divided by person.

makes great sense! I do something similar with our dressy things for cruises only instead of bundling, I "interleave" them. That is, put in the dress, as much as will fit on the bottom of the suitcase, and leave the top hang out. Then put on the suit pants, as much as will fit, with the top hang out in the opposite direction. then another in the third direction, then fold the top of the dress over the pile in the suitcase, then the pants, then the third garment - it pads the folds so they don't wrinkle. Kids clothes are probably too short to do that with, though, so your way makes better sense for them.

The other thing I've read about is packing a complete outfit in a ziplock from undies out. That too would work for kids, but grandma's clothes are WAY too big, lol.

Hello Everyone! Hope you all had a great week!

It's been a very busy week here, and stressful too. We are scheduled to leave on Thursday (May 7). The wish coordinator emailed me the itinerary on Thursday, she will be coming to our home on Tuesday with Azaria's GKTW button and shirt. Our home has been buzzing around with excitement trying to get last minute details together. Packing has started and I've picked up a few Disney things to take along with us.

I called Azaria's pediatrician on Tuesday to ask about the swine flu and if she felt it was safe for Azaria to travel. We've had three school closures in our area. The pediatrician said I should do what I feel comfortable with but that yes, Azaria can travel. I've asked friends and family their opinions and everyone thinks I should postpone the trip.

My husband called the Wish Coordinator yesterday, asking about a possible postponement. (He left a message and we haven't heard back yet.) Although we really would like to go next week (and still may go), we do have some concerns with Azaria's health at this time. I am not sure what to do, my husband would prefer to wait. As it gets closer, I would feel bad if I canceled on the day of the trip. I don't want to cause any inconvenience, so he is going to talk to her about changing the date. I've been a wreck this week not knowing which decision to make. Once I make a decision to go, I get nervous about it. Once I make a decision not to go, I get depressed about it and think I'm being paranoid! My husband says I'm getting too worked up about it and to stop stressing over it. (I'm a massage therapist so it's ironic that I would be so stressed!)

This week Azaria had two really major seizures. One of them required emergency meds. And, she lost her first tooth yesterday! Actually 2 teeth came out together (and we only found one!). The two bottom teeth came out and she looks really cute with her new smile. Since yesterday, she hasn't wanted to eat and she is running a low grade fever (not sure if its due to the teeth). Ugh!

So for now, we are in limbo until the Wish Coordinator calls us back. We are ready to go if things work out that way, otherwise we will postpone. I've scheduled Aidan's 5th birthday party for today since we have planned to be gone on his birthday. It's a small party with a Disney/Mickey theme. I need to get to Target and buy some last minute items. So I better run...just wanted to give a quick update on our plans.

Have a nice weekend everyone!

Debi

It's been a very busy week here, and stressful too. We are scheduled to leave on Thursday (May 7). The wish coordinator emailed me the itinerary on Thursday, she will be coming to our home on Tuesday with Azaria's GKTW button and shirt. Our home has been buzzing around with excitement trying to get last minute details together. Packing has started and I've picked up a few Disney things to take along with us.

I called Azaria's pediatrician on Tuesday to ask about the swine flu and if she felt it was safe for Azaria to travel. We've had three school closures in our area. The pediatrician said I should do what I feel comfortable with but that yes, Azaria can travel. I've asked friends and family their opinions and everyone thinks I should postpone the trip.

My husband called the Wish Coordinator yesterday, asking about a possible postponement. (He left a message and we haven't heard back yet.) Although we really would like to go next week (and still may go), we do have some concerns with Azaria's health at this time. I am not sure what to do, my husband would prefer to wait. As it gets closer, I would feel bad if I canceled on the day of the trip. I don't want to cause any inconvenience, so he is going to talk to her about changing the date. I've been a wreck this week not knowing which decision to make. Once I make a decision to go, I get nervous about it. Once I make a decision not to go, I get depressed about it and think I'm being paranoid! My husband says I'm getting too worked up about it and to stop stressing over it. (I'm a massage therapist so it's ironic that I would be so stressed!)

This week Azaria had two really major seizures. One of them required emergency meds. And, she lost her first tooth yesterday! Actually 2 teeth came out together (and we only found one!). The two bottom teeth came out and she looks really cute with her new smile. Since yesterday, she hasn't wanted to eat and she is running a low grade fever (not sure if its due to the teeth). Ugh!

So for now, we are in limbo until the Wish Coordinator calls us back. We are ready to go if things work out that way, otherwise we will postpone. I've scheduled Aidan's 5th birthday party for today since we have planned to be gone on his birthday. It's a small party with a Disney/Mickey theme. I need to get to Target and buy some last minute items. So I better run...just wanted to give a quick update on our plans.

Debi

I am so sorry you are having such a hard time deciding what to do! If Caleb was more medically fragile I would probably post pone as well! I just hope you find peace in your decision soon!
Hugs to you....and Happy Birthday Aidan:bday::bday:

Debi

There is just so much unknown about the flu. I know they say it is looking better than they thought, but I would not fault you at all for putting off the trip. Especially if you are at all worried about it!

Go with your gut. Your dr said you can travel, so I think either way you are going to be good...just go with your gut.

How exactly do you do the photopass? I was reading that you need to do something before you do something else?? Maybe about registering your photopass?? I can't find the post anymore. I definitely want to get a Photopass before we go, but want to make sure I do it right. Can you get a couple cards (or whatever they are) in case the family splits up?
Thanks,
Mary Anne

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter