Make a Wish (and other organizations!) - Wish Trippers...UNITE!! Volume 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noah's mother posted this from Florida. They were into the extended part of their Wish Trip (i.e. after they left GKTW) and Noah is not well. No updates yet. Prayers needed!

"Noah is not doing well at all right now...we need many, many prayers. I am going to try to fly home this afternoon with him. Brad and the kids will stay behind. Pray that we can make it back home. Pray that they will let us on the flight even if he is not well.

Pray..."

Noah's mother posted this from Florida. They were into the extended part of their Wish Trip (i.e. after they left GKTW) and Noah is not well. No updates yet. Prayers needed!

"Noah is not doing well at all right now...we need many, many prayers. I am going to try to fly home this afternoon with him. Brad and the kids will stay behind. Pray that we can make it back home. Pray that they will let us on the flight even if he is not well.

Pray..."

Oh...

Praying. Thank you so, so much for posting this!! I check his site every day...but missed it this morning!

thank you!

Hello everyone

My name is Tammy I am new here. I only just found out about this list a few days ago I have been reading as many posts as I can. We have our MAW trip scheduled for the end of this month. I have no idea what to expect what should I do what should I not do what do I need what do I not need. As you can see I know nothing I would love some input on what is to come. We just got our flight schedule and a few other thing from MAW yesterday. We are so excited and can't wait to go.

Thanks so Much

Tammy

Welcome!! :)

You guys are going to have a blast!

Are you staying at GKTW?

Feel free to tell us about your family, etc and maybe we can help you plan some! :)

Have you decided which parks you are going to go to on which days? :)

Noah's Dad, Brad, posted this update on Noah - they made it home safely:

Just a quick update that Nichole and Noah are back in Winnipeg and at our second home at the hospital. Thanks so much to Kim for picking them up at the airport and staying with them a bit at the ER. Thank you also to everyone who has been praying that the flight would happen and Noah would arrive in a stable state. Your prayers are much appreciated and still requested.

Although this was a sudden (and sad) ending to Noah and Nichole`s trip, we have no complaints. They were able to spend 9 good days here and considering where we were only a few short weeks ago, we do not take this opportunity for granted.

Still in Florida with Kailyn and Josh,

Brad

Yes we will be at GKTW. As far as the parks go I do know we will want to visit them all but not sure which park on which day. I will write a little background info. on my family later tonight. Thanks so much for replying to me :)

Tammy :)

Yes we will be at GKTW. As far as the parks go I do know we will want to visit them all but not sure which park on which day. I will write a little background info. on my family later tonight. Thanks so much for replying to me :)

You are very welcome!

I can't see the other post now that I have already started this one...but what are your dates again? I can probably help you some to figure out which park might be best on which days. You basically want to avoid the parks with the extra magic hours, since you won't be able to do that anyway (and many resort guests even avoid them, honestly) and they are so crowded on those days.

Welcome to our thread!! :)

You can start a pre-trip report, if you would like, too!! :) That way you can feedback from all sorts of people about your plans, etc. :) We can help you do that. :)

You are very welcome!

I can't see the other post now that I have already started this one...but what are your dates again? I can probably help you some to figure out which park might be best on which days. You basically want to avoid the parks with the extra magic hours, since you won't be able to do that anyway (and many resort guests even avoid them, honestly) and they are so crowded on those days.

Welcome to our thread!! :)

You can start a pre-trip report, if you would like, too!! :) That way you can feedback from all sorts of people about your plans, etc. :) We can help you do that. :)

That would be great :) our dates are 3-31-09 to 4-5-09 I would like to know the best days to visit each park that would help us out a lot. MAW families can't take advantage of the extra magic hours??... How come I that they were for everyone? We did git a WDW planing book that I am reading but we just got it yesterday so I'm not that far along into it. I may try post a pre-trip report. I have been reading lots of other reports and they are very helpful to me.

That would be great :) our dates are 3-31-09 to 4-5-09 I would like to know the best days to visit each park that would help us out a lot. MAW families can't take advantage of the extra magic hours??... How come I that they were for everyone? We did git a WDW planing book that I am reading but we just got it yesterday so I'm not that far along into it. I may try post a pre-trip report. I have been reading lots of other reports and they are very helpful to me.

MAW families can't take advantage of EMH. It is only for guests that are staying on WDW resort property and GKTW is not considered WDW resort property.

Most MAW families are also worn out by the time EMH start, anyway. Or are at GKTW eating for the early hours.

And the button really makes the extra hours spent out there not needed.

But I would AVOID those parks like the plague.

Are you staying 5 nights? :confused3

Here are the good parks/bad parks for your dates...

March 31: travel day...no parks?? explore GKTW, Walmart run, etc.
April 1: Good: MK/EP Bad: AK
April 2: Good: AK Bad: MK/EP/DS
April 3: Good: MK/DS Bad: EP
April 4: Good: EP Bad: DS
April 5: **crowded: crowd score 9/10 Good: AK Bad: MK/EP/DS (is this a travel day for you?)

I would go to MK your first day! Just seems like the place to be on your first day! Especially since it is a "good" park! :)

You can certainly go to a "bad" park...it will just be more crowded. If it has morning EMH, you might want to go later in the day. Opposite if they have evening EMH...go earlier in the AM. :)

What parades/fireworks do you want to do?

MAW families can't take advantage of EMH. It is only for guests that are staying on WDW resort property and GKTW is not considered WDW resort property.

Most MAW families are also worn out by the time EMH start, anyway. Or are at GKTW eating for the early hours.

And the button really makes the extra hours spent out there not needed.

But I would AVOID those parks like the plague.

Are you staying 5 nights? :confused3

Here are the good parks/bad parks for your dates...

March 31: travel day...no parks?? explore GKTW, Walmart run, etc.
April 1: Good: MK/EP Bad: AK
April 2: Good: AK Bad: MK/EP/DS
April 3: Good: MK/DS Bad: EP
April 4: Good: EP Bad: DS
April 5: **crowded: crowd score 9/10 Good: AK Bad: MK/EP/DS (is this a travel day for you?)

I would go to MK your first day! Just seems like the place to be on your first day! Especially since it is a "good" park! :)

You can certainly go to a "bad" park...it will just be more crowded. If it has morning EMH, you might want to go later in the day. Opposite if they have evening EMH...go earlier in the AM. :)

What parades/fireworks do you want to do?

We will be there for 5 nights and 6 days our flight back home is on the 5th. Thanks for the day by day rundown that will be helpful to us we are planing to visit Sea World cause that is my DD main wish. We may try to fit in US/IOA cause are kids are older and with them being older I don't think they will want to sit through parades but they do like fireworks so we will try and see them. You are being such a huge help to me thank you so much :goodvibes

We will be there for 5 nights and 6 days our flight back home is on the 5th. Thanks for the day by day rundown that will be helpful to us we are planing to visit Sea World cause that is my DD main wish. We may try to fit in US/IOA cause are kids are older and with them being older I don't think they will want to sit through parades but they do like fireworks so we will try and see them. You are being such a huge help to me thank you so much :goodvibes

You will love US/IOA-especially if your kids are older. They were the best about giving "star treatment" to wish families- not just the wish kids but the entire family. We didn't go to Sea world so I can't give you any advice there.

You will love US/IOA-especially if your kids are older. They were the best about giving "star treatment" to wish families- not just the wish kids but the entire family. We didn't go to Sea world so I can't give you any advice there.

I have looked at US/IOA on the net and it looks really cool :) Could you please tell me what is The Big Give :confused3 I have seen some people talk about it in there Wish Trip threads but don't know what it is.

The "big give" is - some people who sew decide (at random, I guess) to make disney themed clothing or other fabric gifts for some of the wish kids. There's a thread for it somewhere, and if you aren't a recipient, you can read it. If you ARE chosen as a recipient, you're sworn to stay off the thread so the surprise won't be spoiled.

Re: Big Give.

I think they find you via the pre-trip reports. They found Elsa's "late" (they like alot of lead time to be able to make something and then send it) and may not be able to do anything. But that's ok. The thoughts and good wishes are enough.

We've been blessed with the knowledge and understanding of how much love DOES exist in this world from strangers, organizations, other families with medical issues, and neighbors.

Prayers and good thoughts for Noah and his family.

The "big give" is - some people who sew decide (at random, I guess) to make disney themed clothing or other fabric gifts for some of the wish kids. There's a thread for it somewhere, and if you aren't a recipient, you can read it. If you ARE chosen as a recipient, you're sworn to stay off the thread so the surprise won't be spoiled.

They lock you out of the thread, not just sworn oath. I'm waiting to be allowed back on. LOL:confused3

I have looked at US/IOA on the net and it looks really cool :) Could you please tell me what is The Big Give :confused3 I have seen some people talk about it in there Wish Trip threads but don't know what it is.

I was curious about the Big Give also. Glad you asked! :)

Noah's Dad, Brad, posted this update on Noah - they made it home safely:

Just a quick update that Nichole and Noah are back in Winnipeg and at our second home at the hospital. Thanks so much to Kim for picking them up at the airport and staying with them a bit at the ER. Thank you also to everyone who has been praying that the flight would happen and Noah would arrive in a stable state. Your prayers are much appreciated and still requested.

Although this was a sudden (and sad) ending to Noah and Nichole`s trip, we have no complaints. They were able to spend 9 good days here and considering where we were only a few short weeks ago, we do not take this opportunity for granted.

Still in Florida with Kailyn and Josh,

Brad

I have been following Noah's blog and I was very sad to read their trip was cut short....:guilty: It did sound as though they enjoyed his MAW trip...I will keep Noah in my prayers ...:grouphug:

They lock you out of the thread, not just sworn oath. I'm waiting to be allowed back on. LOL:confused3

Yep! And you can't get back in until you finish your TR!!!!

:lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Just kidding! :) But maybe we should tell them to make that a rule. :thumbsup2

I have been following Noah's blog and I was very sad to read their trip was cut short....:guilty: It did sound as though they enjoyed his MAW trip...I will keep Noah in my prayers ...:grouphug:

Yeah...I put makeup on this morning. Went to work. Got online, saw the post about Noah and sat at my desk and cried. It took me quite a while to pull it back together.

My boss's daughter (37) was just diagnosed with metastatic lung cancer. She has 4 kids...all young. And we work at the cancer clinic that will treat her daughter. So there have been lots of tears at our office...so I don't think anyone really noticed.

But it totally threw me.

Noah's family is so wonderful. Noah is a very sick, but very happy, child. He just giggled and giggled as he watched his siblings play on the Candyland Playground (that is what I call it!) and eventually got on the tire swing, too! His Mom is a nurse and God put Noah in the exact right home...because her skill set and heart and patience is all needed to take care of that sweet boy! Josh and Kailyn are so, so well behaved. They are so sweet to each other. I didn't get to spend as much time with Brad because he was at Orientation when we got to hang out...but he, too, has such a great, laid back attitude.

They are a very neat family. I noticed this before I ever met them by keeping up when Noah was so sick at Christmas. Their love for the Lord and how much they all care about each other just shined...even over the web!

And meeting them in person solidified that perspective.

I hope that all of us will remember Noah and Nicole - that they are separated, again, from the rest of the family. And for Brad as he takes care of Joshua and Kailyn. I know they are all missing each other!

I am so thankful that Noah made it to his trip at all!! And that they had 9 good days is wonderful!

Park Hours/Parades and Fireworks Schedule

Please make sure you check the park hours the week before you leave and the day before you leave to make sure that they have not significantly changed.

Evidently Disney is moving around EMH's and adding parades and changing the hours and this can have a big impact on a Wish Trip!

Especially you guys that I have given "planners" to...make sure you double check either the park schedule or you can PM me and I can look at it again to make sure it is still the same!! :goodvibes

I have read in a couple of different places on the DIS that people are frustrated because they keep having to change their plans because the park info keeps changing!

Feel free to PM me if you have questions about your planners and if they are still current! I can't keep up with them all to make sure. :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter