Make-A-Wish and "M to the I, I, C to the K E Y, M O U S E" for Hannah!

I made these letters and put them in an envelope addressed to Abby and Ethan. I can't wait to see their face when they realize it is a go!

wdw0001.jpg

Now I'm bummed I didn't get my video camera out when I gave the kids the envelope. Ethan (who is older and can read better) got it immediately, but he silently jumped up and down until Abby opened her envelope and worked on reading it.

Once Abby read it, she says to me, "Is this for real? Are you sure we are going?"

When I said, "Yep!"

She and Ethan starting jumping around all excited. Hannah was watching them and laughing. Is was just so dang cute!

Of course, getting homework done after that excitement was quite difficult, but oh well :)

I made these letters and put them in an envelope addressed to Abby and Ethan. I can't wait to see their face when they realize it is a go!

wdw0001.jpg

Now I'm bummed I didn't get my video camera out when I gave the kids the envelope. Ethan (who is older and can read better) got it immediately, but he silently jumped up and down until Abby opened her envelope and worked on reading it.

Once Abby read it, she says to me, "Is this for real? Are you sure we are going?"

When I said, "Yep!"

She and Ethan starting jumping around all excited. Hannah was watching them and laughing. Is was just so dang cute!

Of course, getting homework done after that excitement was quite difficult, but oh well :)

LOVE the invitations!!! :love: You can still take pictures of them holding their letters, it will be great for the scrapbook!!! :goodvibes

Your kids are so cute. I'm so glad I found your PTR and I am so very, very glad Hannah got her wish. Your whole family deserves this fun time. I understand wanting Abby and Ethan to have an amazing time and get a chance to be spoiled too. My youngest two have issues (non life threatening, but pesky and time consuming all the same) and Daddy and I both have health problems too so when we took our kids to WDW we really wanted our oldest to have fun and enjoy being a kid. In so many ways she has had to grow up way too fast so we wanted to this to be a time of pure childhood fun for her. WDW is a great place for that and from the photos and stories I have seen of GKTW it is too, maybe even more so, who woulden't feel like a kid with ice cream anytime. Can't wait to read more of your plans.

I still can't believe you had a PTR and didn't tell me you were over here since you know that that Disney is my obsession. LOL

So excited and happy for you! Since we can't fly to FL at the end of April, I told the big guy that we definitely need to head out your way this summer. (Or at least me and the princess if he is travelling for work.)

we really wanted our oldest to have fun and enjoy being a kid. In so many ways she has had to grow up way too fast so we wanted to this to be a time of pure childhood fun for her.
Exactly! You totally understand :)

I still can't believe you had a PTR and didn't tell me you were over here since you know that that Disney is my obsession. LOL

So excited and happy for you! Since we can't fly to FL at the end of April, I told the big guy that we definitely need to head out your way this summer. (Or at least me and the princess if he is travelling for work.)
Well, you DID direct me to the DISabilities board here ;) Believe me, once I start getting into the actual park planning and trying to figure out Hannah-possible rides, I'll be calling you!

Yes, we need a visit with you and Liv again (but I know that my hubby would love to see him again too!). It has been WAY TOO LONG since I have seen that beautiful girl of yours. And don't do the math, it really has been too long!

So I came across this website in my travels on the board here tonight: http://www.themouseforless.com/downloads.shtml#kids

I think I'm going to put together a fun book for the kids to do during any downtime we may have. I love the idea of giving them a fun book with mazes, word searches, fun facts, and things like that, and I will get some crayons to bring along with them! Those journal pages they have on this page are fantastic as well, and I would love for them to write their own memories down (if they will actually do it is another story).

Kids Travel Journal
Word Search Puzzles
Trivia Questions
Walt Disney World Character Find List​

I also read about the trading pins idea because I know they would have fun with them while we are there. We would not get them a ton of pins, but if they could each pick out a few of their favorites, that would be a great momento.

We are also going to bring a ton of pennies and quarters on the trip so the kids can do all the penny presses. We started a collection of them a few years ago for the attractions we had visited. I will have to come up with a way to store them - perhaps a penny press book? (Something else to look into).

We are also going to get the kids an autograph book. Even though they have done Disneyland before and wasn't interested then, they apparently are really interested now. Especially Ethan! He asked me to make sure we get Hannah an autograph book because he is going to ask the characters to sign her book for her. He is actually more interested in making sure SHE gets the autographs then he is if he gets the autographs. He is so dang cute. I love the fact he still believes in the Disney magic.

I also am going to print out some Mickey and Minnie printables for Hannah. Even though she can't color in the traditional sense because of her fine motor issues, I think it would be a great page to keep practicing on!

If anyone else has any inexpensive yet fun keepsake suggestions, please let me know!

:wave2: Jumping in on your PTR.

YEAH for going in April. We just love that time of the year. We have gone in April the last two years during school vacation week but sadly :sad1: we weren't able to go this year (but we do have a trip planned in July);)

That is great that your kids want to get the autographs. I have to say that is one of my favorite and my kids favorite thing to do. DH actually become obsessed with getting as many autographs as he could.:lmao:

Also if you are thinking of Pin Trading which is fun too, I purchased some pins off of ebay and only trade with the CMs. They are great with the children when trading.

:wave2: Jumping in on your PTR.

YEAH for going in April. We just love that time of the year. We have gone in April the last two years during school vacation week but sadly :sad1: we weren't able to go this year (but we do have a trip planned in July);)

That is great that your kids want to get the autographs. I have to say that is one of my favorite and my kids favorite thing to do. DH actually become obsessed with getting as many autographs as he could.:lmao:
We had a BLAST getting autographs as well! :flower3:
Also if you are thinking of Pin Trading which is fun too, I purchased some pins off of ebay and only trade with the CMs. They are great with the children when trading.
I agree, :thumbsup2 Pin Trading is LOTS of fun!!! :goodvibes We have gotten good buys on eBay for them in the past as well. :yay:

I posted here a couple days ago...don't know where it went :confused3

so happy to hear Hannah's MAW has been granted....You have a beautiful family and Hannah's smile light up the screen!
wishing you all a very magical, happy, fun filled trip to Mickey's house!
also, watch for a special postcard the end of next week from a certain mouse...

I am sending you a PM...........

Congrats on dates!! That letter idea was cute and I bet the kids reaction was just as cute. I agree with Judy, you can still take a photo of the kids with their letters (and big smiley faces because I'm sure they haven't stopped smiling!).

(reposted from the MAW thread)

I got a call from our MAW volunteer, and there was a minor change in the dates.

Instead of 4/23 to 4/29, we are going down for 4/24 to 4/30.

HOWEVER, she offered us a late evening flight on the 23rd (which would bring us in around 12:30 am) so that we can spend all day on 4/24 there instead of flying in late night on 4/24!

This flight would be MUCH better for Hannah because she will likely sleep since it would be early evening for us, and we can all sleep in on the 24th (a mom can dream)! We probably will just stay at GKTW that day, relax, play, and explore there and get ready for Disney on the 25th! That gives us FIVE full days of WDW/Univ/SW fun before we have to leave :)(

(reposted from the MAW thread)

I got a call from our MAW volunteer, and there was a minor change in the dates.

Instead of 4/23 to 4/29, we are going down for 4/24 to 4/30.

HOWEVER, she offered us a late evening flight on the 23rd (which would bring us in around 12:30 am) so that we can spend all day on 4/24 there instead of flying in late night on 4/24!

This flight would be MUCH better for Hannah because she will likely sleep since it would be early evening for us, and we can all sleep in on the 24th (a mom can dream)! We probably will just stay at GKTW that day, relax, play, and explore there and get ready for Disney on the 25th! That gives us FIVE full days of WDW/Univ/SW fun before we have to leave :)(

That is WONDERFUL news, SO happy that works out better for your family! :yay::flower3::yay:

That is really good news!! From what I have read on other TR's from other families that stayed at GKTW, exploring the village is going to be a lot of fun for you guys!!

Yay for extra time!! happy to hear everything is moving along the way you need it too!

The other thing about getting into the airport late is that the airport won't be that busy. I would dress her in her PJ's and she will probably sleep through most of the trip. Just think you will get extra time to enjoy your vacation with the extra days.

Thanks Judy, Crissy, Lisa, miprender, and Shelley! I think this will definitely help dealing with Hannah and the flight. I wonder also if having a flight that late that it will be less crowded? (Then again, people leaving Vegas at 5:30 pm on a Saturday may be kind of busy).

I know that once we get to GKTW, she will be awake for a few hours, especially after sleeping a few hours on the plane regardless if it is bedtime or not because she will likely wake up with all the jostling of suitcases, car, and stuff. I'd put money on that. Abby and Ethan will probably crash before Hannah goes back to sleep!

I love your idea, Shelley, about getting her in her PJs for the trip. Definitely doable. Believe me, we have quite a few Mickey, Minnie, and Tinkerbell pajamas to choose from.

That is really good news!! From what I have read on other TR's from other families that stayed at GKTW, exploring the village is going to be a lot of fun for you guys!!

I love the idea of spending time at GKTW. I wish that more families did this. You can always find your way back to Disney somehow but you will never get the chance to stay at GKTW again. It is even more magical then Disney world ahh I love GKTW

I am happy you got new flights that will make things easier.

Now that we know we are flying Southwest, I just sent them an email (even though I likely could have found the answers going through the website, I wanted written documentation on specifics).

We are going to be going to Disney World for my youngest child's Make A Wish trip. I have a few questions as to what your rules and policies are.

1. She has about 8 different medications she takes. Because she is G-tube only, they are all liquid. All but two have prescriptions (those two are over-the-counter). Is there an ounce limit on each of them that we have to adhere to?

2. Because she is medically fragile, she can't sit by herself in a seat for more than a couple of minutes. She is 2-1/2 years old and weighs about 30 pounds. Can she sit on our lap for takeoff/landing? Can we bring her carseat (regular Cosco)? If not, do you have any recommendations as to what we could use?

3. My daughter is also tracheostomy-dependent, although she rarely requires oxygen. However, this is only the second time she has flown since she got her trach last summer. If in the rare instance she does need oxygen in flight, is there any emergency supply that we could access?

4. We are going to be bringing a couple of boxes of medical supplies with us. The only liquid in these boxes is a few bottles of sterile water, saline water, and one bottle of hydrogen peroxide. We don't anticipate needing to open it on the flight, and we will likely have the box sealed with tape (we would have no problem having security go through it as long as it is retaped). Would these count as part of our baggage limitation? Would the liquids inside cause a problem because the containers are 8-oz containers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter