Major Shakeup Effective Feb 1

whodini

Mouseketeer
Jason Garcia is tweeting some significant shakeups within Disney's top brass -

https://twitter.com/Jason_Garcia

Walt Disney World getting a new president George Kalogridis, currently president of Disneyland.

Michael Colglazier, who had been vp in charge of Animal Kingdom, will be new president of Disneyland.

Meg Crofton to be exclusively president of operations for Disney Parks in U.S. and France

Current DVC chief Claire Bilby heading to Paris to head sales and marketing for Disneyland Paris and Europe

Disney Vacation Club time-share business also getting new chief: Ken Potrock, who had been in charge of sports enterprises

I can confirm Claire Bilby's departure from DVC and Potrock being moved to leading DVC. Just got an email from Claire not too long ago...

yeah although heavily rumored, the news broke today based on internal memos which people then immediately leaked to teh internetz

I love it when things I post come true :banana:

And there's more where this came from I'm sure.

zulemara said:
yeah although heavily rumored, the news broke today based on internal memos which people then immediately leaked to teh internetz

I love it when things I post come true :banana:

And there's more where this came from I'm sure.

I didn't doubt you one bit on this one. The George rumor has been going around and the drumbeat was only getting stronger.

Well, Walt Disney World got a good guy for president and we out west are sad to see him go. Maybe that means the giant sucking sound from Team Disney Florida will stop.

I'm not sure this is really a shakeup.
Iger has made it a goal to get his executives familiar with the different business lines by moving them around. If it's part of his management plan, then it isn't a shakeup per se'.

It may not be a shake up, but anything that disrupts the current management at WDW (even temporarily) is a good thing. I am especially pleased that Meg Croften is not long in charge in Orlando.

It's sort of phase 1 of the shake up. I think she's on her way out and this is sort of a saving face type role until she can quietly head off into retirement.

There's still the rumor out there about the Iger and John L feud. In addition to that was the thought that Meg could be on her way out with Iger so this certainly sets that up.

There was also info floating around indicating Phil Holmes will retire as VP of MK and Dan Cockrell will take his place. That wasn't announced today, but doesn't mean it's not coming.

Either way, right now nearly anyone coming from TDA to TDO is a good thing. I'm also modestly excited about the fellow from DCL coming to SVP of DTD. DCL has a very positive feeling towards adults on their ships(as much as can be expected) so I hope it means they will finally DO something with DTD.

I am especially pleased that Meg Croften is not long in charge in Orlando.
Except that Kalogridis will report to Crofton, so Crofton is ultimately still in charge of WDW.

I hope, however, that Kalogridis will be allowed to set the priorities and budgets for WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter