Major Rumor Marvel in ToT update page 25

Wow, so to make folks feel okay with GoTG overlay of ToT in CA, they will offer what sounds to be a great coaster with Cap on it.

Meanwhile we get a downgraded slinky dog in FL, but what appears to be safe ToT........hmmmmmm
Well from what I've heard that coaster has been put on hold in DCA because of Shanghai and ongoing projects. This ToT project is to get the marvel properties into that area quickly.

GoTG was an awesome movie, I am an old Comic buff, and my youngest is really into Marvel, and loving the superhero move in movies. That said, of all the movies from Marvel so far, GoTG was one of the best, along with the original Avengers and Iron man.

I get the move in CA, if they are moving to expand and have a Marvel area(which we have heard for a while) then the overlay makes some sense. I am just not sure where the drop would fit in from the movie................

If you say GoTG is the best one then I might have to check out this film. Lol cause I honestly though it was just a B-Tier side movie. From the ones I've seen I think Capt. America Winter Soldier was the best followed by Iron Man 2

If you say GoTG is the best one then I might have to check out this film. Lol cause I honestly though it was just a B-Tier side movie. From the ones I've seen I think Capt. America Winter Soldier was the best followed by Iron Man 2
I enjoyed it the most - GOTG that is. I loved all the Cap movies, they were really well done. I still prefer Iron man 1 more than two. I am absolutely riveted for when Cap 3 comes out, it looks like Avengers 3 more than Cap three...but it looks to be very well done, and looking forward to seeing Black Panther and Spider Man join the fray!

Also they just announced Iron man will be in the next spider man movie for the continued overlay.

Well from what I've heard that coaster has been put on hold in DCA because of Shanghai and ongoing projects. This ToT project is to get the marvel properties into that area quickly.
Hmm......had not heard the coaster was cut, but with all the other cuts it makes sense.

I felt the same about GoTG, and after I saw it, I realized just how wrong I was. It was really well done. Take the time to watch it. I think you'll enjoy it.

Since I haven't seen this movie does it pair well with ToT. Sort of like Space Mtn does with Star wars. Or are they just shoving it in

Since I haven't seen this movie does it pair well with ToT. Sort of like Space Mtn does with Star wars. Or are they just shoving it in
Honestly, toward the end there is an "air battle" as the hero's go to take over the enemy ship...so it would allow for some "drops"...but it isn't a clear home run match no.

Thats what's concerning in my opinion with Disney lately. They aren't taking the time to produce those level of details. *IF THIS IS TRUE* They seem to just be ok with pushing anything out as long as it creates profit. Hope I'm wrong

We don't often see movies in the theater on repeat either, but we saw GotG twice and bought it the day it came out on DVD. Excellent. As it relates to ToT, I remember earlier in this thread someone mentioned it could be set in The Collector 's "mansion". The more I think about it, if that's right, the more it works. You would be riding through, seeing all his containers full of great finds from the Marvel Universe. The CMs could be costumed like his servants. And the drop could be from the explosion.

Let's just hope Howard the Duck doesnt get a prominent role. o_O

The Tower of Terror is the ride that made me fall in love with Imagineering and Disney in general. Heck, I cosplayed as one of the bellhops! If they took it away for a fleeting property without mass appeal, I would be more than devastated. Even if the Twilight Zone is an older IP that people may not be familiar with, the theme reaches across generations. It personally made me fall in love with The Twilight Zone, but I know people who've never heard of the show who still think the idea of freefalling in a haunted elevator is the coolest thing ever, even with no context. It boggles my mind that they would even consider doing something this idiotic. Plus, the Tower of Terror has a somewhat cult following. They've made a movie about it! There are countless blogs and websites dedicated solely to the Tower of Terror and its lore, and I'd even go as far as to say it's a Disney classic. There's no way they can replace it, and I think that may be the final straw that everyone is moving towards with all the absurdity going on in the parks these days. Tower of Terror goes away, so do loyal guests.

Per WDWmagic Marni has confirmed the bar being added, and some others are saying the GotG overlay is on as well, but it is not clear if they mean at both or just one.

So supposedly, amidst Shanghai going over budget, and all of the cuts that have already happened, Chapek is going over the heads of all the other WDW execs to spend money that doesn't have to be spent? Sorry, but like two week old milk, I ain't buying it.

confused.jpg

I see Disney is changing its name. Pretty hard to get this on a business card.

Latest run down on this rumor with the new micechat article out today.

Guardians of the Galaxy seems very likely at Disney California Adventure. The ride there is supposed to close in fall 2016 and reopen the following May with the major refurb making it part of the Collector.

Tower of Terror in Disney's Hollywood Studios is not as likely for this fate. The overall consensus among independent sources would be it's a temporary overlay at DHS rather than a full redo.

With the micechat update it seems the marvel coaster coming to DCA would also go in a different area than originally planned and be slated for 2020.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter