Major IOA rumor

ChrisFL

Disney/Universal Fan and MALE
I just went to Screamscape.com which has a rumor about a new ride for 2006...

anybody know what this kuka is?

"Van Helsing - It will be built in the Lost Continent and will utilize a suspended version of Kuka's robotic arm. The $50 million attraction will open in 2006."

Speaking of new rides, I know this is not about Universal, but did you see the new coaster for Hershey Park next year Barry. It has a video on the web site. You lay down and fly like superman and it looks like it has all the turns and twists of the Hulk. Check it out.

Interesting. I wonder how true it will be. Only time will tell.

The new coaster at Hersheypark is a sit down coaster, not a flying one. It uses the same system used in Top Thrill Dragster at Cedar Point, and Xcelerator at Knotts berry farm.

As for the new ride at Universal anything is a warm welcome especially for IOA. Van Helsing is looking to be one of the most anticipated films for next year and a ride with this theming will be awesome.

I am HIGHLY doubting this will come to be. Here is my reasoning. With so many people going to the park, just like Cedar Point, IOA needs a high capacity ride. With only 2 people to an arm, that will never work. Unless they have come up with a creative way for capacity, it will NEVER be at IOA. It looks cool, but I'd rather have another coaster!

Robocoaster projects 1,000+ rides an hour on their track design meaning 2,000 pph. That's pretty darn good, I don't think that'll be a hinderance.

Originally posted by Prince Eric1
Speaking of new rides, I know this is not about Universal, but did you see the new coaster for Hershey Park next year Barry. It has a video on the web site. You lay down and fly like superman and it looks like it has all the turns and twists of the Hulk. Check it out.

I've seen it, but it's not a flying coaster. It's a rocket coaster.

Originally posted by palmbeachguy
I am HIGHLY doubting this will come to be. Here is my reasoning. With so many people going to the park, just like Cedar Point, IOA needs a high capacity ride. With only 2 people to an arm, that will never work. Unless they have come up with a creative way for capacity, it will NEVER be at IOA. It looks cool, but I'd rather have another coaster!

Well, I doubt Universal would consider another ride if it had a potential "Pteranadon Flyers" issue. That was a grave understimate of how many riders they would need per hour, and I don' t think they're going to make that mistake again

Height and Speed are what count to me.

Sorry, my error there. It was Kings Dominion with the one where you fly like superman. As you can see, I look at a lot of park sites.

Try again, I think you mean Carowinds... which is getting the used Stealth flying dutchman ride from PGA.

Paramount Canada's Wonderland is getting a really, really cool Zamperla Flying Coaster!!!! It's the first flying coaster in Canada. (please note the heavy sarcasm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we much rather would have prefered Stealth)

OK, I must apologize for posting before I checked my facts. It is Canada's Wonderland that has the flying coaster, not Hershey and not Kings Dominion. Check out the video on the site though, it really does look cool.

I read the articles and think this is great, but still don't really get it. Does the arm move on a track or is it just in place?

As far as capacity for this new ride the article says the ride will get a suspended version of the robotic arm,It doesn't state capacity but 2 people at a time won't be riding, that wouldn't work at Universal you need more like 64 at a time. So it will be a new concept based on the robocoaster with higher capacity. Only way it would work. And the Van Helsing movie looks like it'll be good so I'm hoping this ride will be confirmed soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter