Major Entertainment Cutbacks at Animal Kingdom

So, now I am really rethinking our January trip. We are paying a decent amount of money for them to keep taking away some of my children's faves. If this proves to be true, I may have to have a talk with hubby. Just wondering why they would take more things away, when they have all of Toon Town closed at MK. These are characters, not rides to be refurbished.

So, now I am really rethinking our January trip. We are paying a decent amount of money for them to keep taking away some of my children's faves. If this proves to be true, I may have to have a talk with hubby. Just wondering why they would take more things away, when they have all of Toon Town closed at MK. These are characters, not rides to be refurbished.

The characters from Toontown are all still available -- they're in other parts of the MK now.

I find it harder and harder to find the time to get to DAK. Seems the desire to see the Savanna and the animals AGAIN becomes a toss up for a trip to the pool or Winter Summerland.

Replace these charachters with say Colonel Critchlow, Pamelia Perkins, Emil Bleehall and Otis T. Wren and I am there.:thumbsup2

If they would lower the cost of the tickets and resorts there would be more people who could afford to go. Thus more people spending money on merchandise etc.
I remember our first trip for our family of 4 to go to DW and stay at Pop was only $1450.00 a few years ago. (5 days 4 nights). Now it is triple that amount. If they would go back to original prices, they would see more people going even with the economy being like it is.

If they would lower the cost of the tickets and resorts there would be more people who could afford to go. Thus more people spending money on merchandise etc.
I remember our first trip for our family of 4 to go to DW and stay at Pop was only $1450.00 a few years ago. (5 days 4 nights). Now it is triple that amount. If they would go back to original prices, they would see more people going even with the economy being like it is.

But as discussed earlier in this thread...they are not too concerned with getting more people to go there. They are more concerned with getting more money out of the people that do go.

Replace these charachters with say Colonel Critchlow, Pamelia Perkins, Emil Bleehall and Otis T. Wren and I am there.:thumbsup2
:worship:
That certainly would increase our spending habits on property! ;)

As the DL food side topic. We were there end of October. For the most part, I agree the food is better. About croaked at the prices of bottles of beverages (Coke and water). :eek: We are use to Disney meal prices. But that sent us to sticker shock.
Not to mention the price of a gallon of gas. And many stations wanted to charge a small fee at the pump just for using a debit card. :sad2:
Haunted Holiday made up for it all though! :thumbsup2 :cool1: It's so good that probably means they will cease having it. :rotfl2:

I was just thinking EXACTLY the same thing! We were considering changing one of our two planned 2012 WDW trips to a Universal/Sea World trip anyway. :rolleyes1

This is so disappointing! We're just two weeks shy of our vacation, and the character my daughter most wanted to see was Pocahontas!:sad2:

Anyone heard anything about replacement? Or are they just going to be gone? That's really disappointing.

Interesting read! Thanks for sharing & for the info.
I'm assuming then that Russell & Dug will be there in 3 weeks when we are. It's something but I still hate losing Jiminy. We have an ADR at Ohana, so Lilo is covered. My 2 yr old will be thrilled though, Up has become one of his favorites over the last month & we watch it at least 1x per day. I wish Carl was going to be included as well, but we love Dug & Russell!

There is only one park opening show that I enjoy, and that is at MK. I don't think I will miss the AK opening show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter