major difference b/w akv value/standard size?

disneyobessed

DIS Veteran
I have a 2 bedroom value booked for next August. We are looking into switching to a standard for 1. extra bathroom and to have more room. Can anyone tell me where the square footage is lost in the values other than the extra bathroom?

The value villas are about 3 feet shorter in depth in the entire villa. I've heard the bedroom door is a bit hard to close because of the shorter depth. You need to book Kidani to get the extra bathroom. All the villas in Jambo House (where the values are located) are lockoffs. So the second bedroom is a studio. You'll only get two real beds in a two bedroom at JH.

The value studio (your second bedroom) will have the bed closer to the window instead of the sleeper sofa because of the shorter depth.

From what I located (on allears)

Kidani 2BR 1173
Value 2br 945

wow: Value 1br 629, they could almost fit 2 of those in a Kidani 2BR.

So it's about 228 sqft larger, The 2nd bathroom is about 6x9 so that only takes 54 sqft, allowing Kidani to spread the other 150sqft into a spacious (and proper en suite) master bathroom with seperate shower, and larger bedroom and living areas.

question is.. is it worth it to switch. We own at AKV so we were able to get the value rooms which I know are hard to come by. At Jambo are any standard rooms facing the pool? Or are they all facing parking lot? I know some of the values face parking lot, pool, savanna but didnt know the standard views. We love our pool view at BWV... opening the doors to patio and hearing the pool music.

question is.. is it worth it to switch. We own at AKV so we were able to get the value rooms which I know are hard to come by. At Jambo are any standard rooms facing the pool? Or are they all facing parking lot? I know some of the values face parking lot, pool, savanna but didnt know the standard views. We love our pool view at BWV... opening the doors to patio and hearing the pool music.

Some standard views face the pool at Jambo. I had one last time.

Standard rooms at Jambo mostly face the pool or part of a savanna. None will face the parking lot.

But Jambo standards do not have the extra bathroom and it's a smaller sqft difference

Personally, I probably would not switch for a Jambo standard
Values are all pretty close to the lobby and it's a great points bang for the buck.

A switch to Kidani is a harder decision. The room is much much nicer but the hallways and greater % of getting a parking lot view might outweigh the advantages.

Hi, just wanted to make sure I understood a couple things.

1) No standard or value 2 bedrooms in Jambo have 2 bathrooms.
2) No value or standard 2 bedrooms in Jambo are "dedicated". I.e, they all are part of a lockout and have the sofa bed in the second bedroom.

Is this correct?

2) No value or standard 2 bedrooms in Jambo are "dedicated". I.e, they all are part of a lockout and have the sofa bed in the second bedroom.

Is this correct?

All 2 bedrooms have 2 bathrooms. One in the "studio" side and one in the "1 br" side.

Is this correct?
1) as mentioned, there are 2 full bathrooms in a Jambo 2BR
Kidani adds a 3rd bathroom accessible from the Living Room/kitchen area

2) yes Jambo only has lockoff 2br

Having stayed in a 1 bedroom jambo value room, I can say that the 3 extra feet at the end of the villa weren't missed at all. In my opinion, the extra space wouldn't have added any extra utility to the rooms. Everything would've just been spread out more. I found it to be a great value to have a pool view, instead of a parking lot view, and to save a ton of points.

You get the 1 bedroom amenities for about 1/2 the way between a normal one bedroom and a studio.

Having stayed in a 1 bedroom jambo value room, I can say that the 3 extra feet at the end of the villa weren't missed at all. In my opinion, the extra space wouldn't have added any extra utility to the rooms. Everything would've just been spread out more. I found it to be a great value to have a pool view, instead of a parking lot view, and to save a ton of points.

You get the 1 bedroom amenities for about 1/2 the way between a normal one bedroom and a studio.
But you might get parking lot view with the value villas. You might also get a partial savanna view, but you have to be prepared for that parking lot view.

So to recap do Jambo 1 or 2 bedroom standards face any parking lot? How about the standard studios? Are there any in Jambo and would they face the parking lot?

So to recap do Jambo 1 or 2 bedroom standards face any parking lot? How about the standard studios? Are there any in Jambo and would they face the parking lot?
Standards at JH should face the pool or a limited savanna view. Only the value villas should be parking lot view at JH.

Standards at JH should face the pool or a limited savanna view. Only the value villas should be parking lot view at JH.
...and only 2 of the 10 value 2BRs face the parking lot. In total, there are (4) 2BR's that face the Sunset Savanna, (4) 2BR's that face the pool, and (2) 2BR's that face the parking lot. In addition, there are (4) dedicated studios that face the Sunset Savanna and (4) dedicated studios that face the pool. As previously stated, ALL of the 2BR's are lock-offs.

To state this another wa
I didn't even know dedicated studios existed! Thanks for the info!
The DVC rooms in Jambo House were created from existing hotel rooms and because of the building layout they ended up with many dedicated studios in every booking category except Club Level.

Is there any rhyme or reason what view you get? FOr example the earlier you book do you get a better view or is it the luck of the draw?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter