Major credit card at check in?

dizneedoll

Curioser and Curioser
Hi all- I made my res as a package so I could get the 3 park explorer ticket. Staying at PBH and just finished paying it off tonight (Yay!) but I noticed it said under hotel advisories that a major credit card would be needed at check in. I only use a debit card- it has the Visa logo on it- but I don't have an actual "major" credit card. I stayed at RPR in 2015 and I had the same debit card I have now, I can't remember if they asked for it or put a hold on it. I know I charged room service a couple of times to the room though. But the part about wanting a "major credit card" got me worried that maybe the policy has changed and they won't accept the debit card?
TIA

As long at's a visa/mastercard/american express debit card, it will be okay. However, do realize they will place a hold (usually one additional night) that will not be released until after check out.

Thanks guys. I don't mind if they place a hold. I've never had trouble using my debit card at any hotels but some do place a hold and some don't. I'll be prepared for it just in case.

It is my understanding that some hold is always placed on the card (as has been my experience with other hotels) but the amount varies depending on if you also want charging privileges.

That hasn't been my experience at the Universal hotels. For me they have only put a hold on the car if I have charging set up.

They charge the remainder of what I owe, but that's it, when I don't set up charging.

The last time I was there we used a Visa debit. Whatever amount you wanted to use for charging they charged to the card immediately then refunded any overage.

That hasn't been my experience at the Universal hotels. For me they have only put a hold on the car if I have charging set up.

They charge the remainder of what I owe, but that's it, when I don't set up charging.
Do you drive? I know part of the hold was for parking and other incidentals (in room movies, etc.) and not out of park driving privileges. This was at CBBR in May and they probably could remove it if you weren't doing parking or anything, but I also think it would probably be a bigger headache for most to get it taken off then to be aware and plan accordingly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter